Water PH and hardness, help fast please!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by cram5671, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Hey guys... First, I just want to thank anyone who takes the time to read this and help me out, I really need and appreciate it. Okay so here is the problem...

I have a couple girls outside and the water source near by is reading a PH of 8 and hardness of 250 ppm. I just discovered the problem when I began to see nutrient lockout. Because of its location reverse osmosis is out of the question and so is carrying in the water.

I know I can add some PH down to the water, but what about the hardness? I have read they can deal with it but it isnt optimal. Is there anything in conjunction with the Ph down I can use?

I have heard of nutrients specially designed for hard water purposes, does anyone have any experience with them and if so which kind?

Please any suggestions/ advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

2. just adjust the PH down to 6.0 with some PH down. The key is to let it sit overnight to allow the hardness to be fully effected, then adjust it again if it has rebounded. This is why so many think they are PHing there water right and are not, because if you have a high alk/hardness the PH rebounds after some time and you are back to 8.0

3. Thanks man, I'm going to try this today (into tomorrow letting it sit), hopefully everything turns out okay.