Water level

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GeminiMP, Mar 13, 2013.

1. I had a dwc system going and I was unsure of where the water level should be under the net pots . I kno they are not suppose to be simurged in water?

2. No. The proper water level is one inch below the net pot. Peace!

3. I heard some people at the beginning put the water a little over the pots I'm guessing so the roots know where to go And start getting water

4. I still do and go that way till harvest,never had an issue I think:confused:

5. u still put the water level over or a inch under the net pot

6. Thanks

7. It's not a necessity but if we are talking the standard procedure than its one inch below. The bubbles are supposed to be rapid enough to push a fine mist to your cube to keep it moist but not too wet. You can tweak this as long as ur cube is not overly wet/dry

8. Coll didn't know that.

9. 1-1/4" above the bottom of the net.

10. Wow, I'm amazed you haven't gotten root rot. Keeping your water level that high will keep you medium way too wet.

11. You only have the water touching the net pots when the roots haven't grown into the bucket. You let the water touch the net pots to allow the water to wick up to the smaller root when it young.

12. Thanks for the advice I will definitly go down below the nets now for a healthier plant.Half way through flower now.

[​IMG]

13. This is your first hydro grow? Not bad.

14. no 5th:(

15. Still good..... took me a good year too.

16. Damn bro did not know it was this big already.... you need to be AT LEAST one inch below the net pot at this stage in the game, at all times... no higher than one inch below as soon as roots hit water.

:wave:

17. Thanks

18. I have like a 4-5" air gap in a 5 gal dwc mother bucket at each res change. She'll drink down a fresh 3 gal soup in about a week, I don't top it off during the week either. Some times her bucket has only an inch or so left of water by the next res change. Never ran into any problems, can never give too much air to the roots either. To each their own, hope this helped in some way.

19. I was told you can give too much air and that causes nute burn:confused:

20. If that works for you cool, but the plants get their oxygen from the airstone making bubbles in the nute solution.