Water Level In DWC?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by mcdanglepants39, Oct 31, 2010.

1. i get the whole concept on DWC, but the water levels are confusing..
    What should i keep the water level at as a seedling?
    What should i keep the water level at once an established root system?
    Should i keep lowering the water level?
    How low can i make the water level if i keep lowering it?

2. What are you confused about when you start out use a rockwool medium because of the wicking effect it has and if you want you can switch to clay pellets as a medium. Basicly the plant wants water with food and the roots will end up growing totally submerged in the water if your roots cant get food and water they die so that should tell you if the water is to low as long as the roots can get to the water and food in the water the Hydro works well.

3. #3 Bumps, Oct 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2010

Hello heres what I do
    what Tayanissa said and

seedling or newly rooted clone water level 1/4-1/2 inch up from bottom of net pot.
    more established root system water level 1 inch below bottom of net pot.

the roots/plant will grow fast and will take care of lowering the water level for you , as the plant develops you will have to add to the mixture..

4. okay so i keep lowering it an inch as it develops or just leave it at the inch for the duration of the growth

5. once you see roots coming out of netpot into solution and the roots are long enough to reach the solution level (an inch or so below the netpot) then lower solution level to an inch or so below the netpot and maintain that level for the duration..