water is fucking sick

Discussion in 'General' started by tydg94, Dec 5, 2012.

1. what the title says. water is pretty sick.

It's like this pure, crystal clear substance that is essentially life. It has no smell or taste, and is regarded as the basic definition of cleanliness by us (humans) based on the way we use it to bathe and clean our selves. Also think about how we treat it about the house. Anything from a drop to a small spill is basically no big deal because water will just magically disappear after a short while (i know its evaporation but think about how wild that is), leaving behind no trace or scent.

:bongin: :bongin: :smoking: :smoking:

2. water and alcohol are all i drink

3. I don't drink water. Fish fuck in it.

4. thats why you dont drink unfiltered ocean water genius

5. i thought of this in the shower

6. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbFRmIwEVx8]plies-like water - YouTube[/ame]

7. Water is the soup of life.

8. Same here. Except for lemon juice when I mix it with poppies.. :smoke:

9. Water is beyond boss. I can just chug through bottles of the stuff, especially when it's ice cold.

But think about this: We fucking love water. It's our life. But what about what other life forms in the universe fucking love? Liquid methane and shit is probably the same to some species out there as water is to us. Maybe they chug it down and water is poison to them. Shit is crazy.

10. I love Dihydrogen Monoxide.

11. #13 ganja monster, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2012
    Hundreds of trillions of gallons (number pulled out of my ass but probably somewhat accurate) flow through rivers, creeks, and streams everyday and it never seems to end. Is ice always melting at a higher point to keep this happening? Or is rainfall responsible? I just don't get it man. I'm glad you brought this up. Water rules.

EDIT: How does something as simple as 3 particles do so much? I'm mindblown right now.

12. Water is the medium of life.

You spawned out of water, spontaneously. Water birthed you.

It is the chemical of our birth.

Humanity is some like..barbaric, war loving, sex driven monkey-race species that LOVES water, and is made of it.

Shits crazy yo.

13. I know right? I forgot to mention the simplicity of it. Just 1 oxygen 2 hydrogen atoms. Also it drives my wild trying imagine how a gas some how condenses down to form what we see as liquid.

14. you just blew my mind unless were just stoned and someone can give a quick explanation for this

15. Water is believed to be essential to life because of its unique properties. One of its most important properties (which is unique among chemicals) is that it becomes less dense in its solid state than its liquid state. This is why ice floats. If Earth's lakes and oceans were composed of any other chemical, they would freeze from the bottom up and likely never thaw, obliterating any aquatic life. Ice floats on the surface of water, retaining heat and allowing liquid to exist beneath its surface. If it weren't for this unique property, life would not have gotten past the bacterial stages on Earth if it had formed at all.

16. hOW IS WATER BEING SUSTAINED?
    WONT IT END ONE DAY? IT HAS TO MAN, HOW THE FUCK IS IT MADE? ONE DAY IT WILL GO I THINK :'(

17. I know it's not water in it's purest form like you were talking about, but the ocean is pretty fascinating. It's something that we would drown to death in in only a minute or two, yet it's a life source for who knows how many species. The ocean is teeming with life. Some species dwell in shallow depths, dependent on sunlight for their feeding habits and such, while others live in total darkness. I highly suggest you watch the Planet Earth episode titled Ocean Deep. It said that there's some sort of eel that lives in nearly absolute darkness and remains completely still and vertical, using what tiny fraction of light is available to find food. They said that it's not uncommon for that species to remain totally still for up to three days, searching for food. We definitely need some scientists to intervene on this thread before our brains catch fire.