Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Water in lungs

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by umop 3pisdn, Feb 19, 2009.

1. #81 GreyMatterTripp, Feb 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2009
    I know OP I totally get water stuck in my lungs and have to go to the doctor like every time I take shower or it rains or anything.

Oh wait, right...thats bullshit, inhaling water vapors DOESN'T fuck up your lungs.

2. #82 jahconquering, Feb 21, 2009
    pulmonary edema, you guys are all wrong who say that its impossible. It even has a name, some of you fools think you're soooooo fuckin smart, but got no brains... just cus you smoke pot you think everything that people say bad about it is straight wrong NO MATTER WHAT "ITS ALL PROPAGANDA", even if its something like this..Ya get pissed off and are sarcastic, unpleasant, and straight up dumb about how you react to the OP when you have no idea what you're saying.

-JAH
    ADVICE : look shit up for your own, fuck wikipedia.

3. bump, need to know shit

4. #84 SlimPickins, Feb 21, 2009
    I know that getting water in your lungs in completely possible, the idea that hitting a bong can create a pool of water in your lungs is bogus. If he had pulmonary edema, bong water isn't the cause of the problem, and it wouldn't contribute to the problem any more than the air you breath on a regular basis.

5. #85 GreyMatterTripp, Feb 21, 2009

You're a moron. Plain and simple, pulmonary edema does not come from inhaling water vapors in the shower or rain as I said, or with normal and correct usage of a bong (where your not inhaling water) In fact what you described is associated with a heart problem;

"Pulmonary edema is a condition in which fluid accumulates in the lungs, usually because the heart's left ventricle does not pump adequately.

Causes and symptoms

Most cases of pulmonary edema are caused by failure of the heart's main chamber, the left ventricle."
    source:http://www.healthatoz.com/healthato...URI=/healthatoz/Atoz/ency/pulmonary_edema.jsp

Do some research yourself before you come in here acting like a condescending ass. ;) :D :smoke:

6. Has the OP never heard of humidity?

7. ^^^ bro...REALLY....are you serious jah...the OP CLEARLY has no idea what he is talking about and you CLEARLY have no idea what you are talking about either...Pulmonary edema would NOT be caused by smoking from a bong...Pulmonary edema is caused mostly by heart failures and other heart conditions...also it would take YEARS UPON YEARS to gather that much bong water into one's lungs if it was even possible...:wave:

8. Lol silenced

9. I got that info straight from a doctor reading over my shoulder.. he read the thread and said to me "It is completely possible to show effects of pulmonary edema from smoking a water-pipe" You guys are not doctors.. you just spend a lot of time on the internet....webmd is not medical school..

but I agree I was condescending and an asshole in my former reply in this thread..it is what it is.. im sorry pueblo

10. Sure, a doctor. :rolleyes:

And it only took you 3 days to come up with that, sharp.

11. ive heard of peopleripping a bong hit to hard and inhaling water but never have heard of moisture in the bottom of the lungs. i have had a friends lung collapse for smoking blunts everyday for almost 4 years

12. dont go on as much as you I guess.... still was a doctor.. ask a doctor andyou'll think to your self "Wow, that guy was right."

-JAH

13. Puuuuuhhhhhhhlllllllllllllleeeeeaaaaaasssssseeeeee

Learn how to check your own facts....you have been proven wrong yet supply no evidence except 'my friend is a doctor and he says the medical dictionary is incorrect'.

Fat chance bud, but nice try.

Happy Tokin :D ;) :smoking:

14. This entire thread makes me want to eat drywall.

Funny as hell :D

15. I didn't read through all of the pages to see if anyone else wrote this, but....

OP, you do realize there is moisture in the air correct? And, last I checked, we breathe in the air around us. No one's lungs are filling up with water just because they are breathing.

16. Im in med school and this is complete crap, its possible he inhaled some water but that wouldnt be the fault of smoking too much out of a bong, and no doctor would ever tell you directly that its bong water, its not really possible to determine that. This is either a fake, or your friend accidently inhaled water instead of swallowing it (there is a difference).

17. You can get pulmonary edema from aspiring water (pretty rarely, usually happens from heart problems) but this wouldnt be from taking a proper bong hit, for some reason he would have to inhale while plenty of water is splashing up (he would need a decent amount of water), this wouldnt be very typical and his post is bogus because he said a doctor told him its bong water, no doctor will ever tell you that pulmonary edma or Pneumonia was caused by a bong hit (x-rays dont differenciate between regular water and bong water;))

18. Exactly, you'd have to be TRYING to inhale bong water to do it. The vapors are not going to be enough, if that where the case then you'd get pneumonia or pulmonary edema from taking a shower every morning.

Assuming you do shower of course ;).

19. Maybe YOU should have did some research before posting this thread.

Did you talk to the doctor personally? If not, your "friend" (real or imaginary), is a lying liar who is lying out of his lying hole.

20. Yeah, I always surf Grasscity with my doctor, too! I thought I was the only one! :hello: