Water draining through fast

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Valleydude, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Hi guys my plants are in 2nd week of flower ,when i water the water seems to drain though really fast ,is this normal ? Or am i over thinking it lol

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Hi love. Pour it in slower. Are ya siol? Wen i do siol i normally only put 3rd in top and rest i bottom feed. Let water sit in tray and if they drinking it should av more or gone wi in a few hrs as will soak up to the plant etc x

3. Yes soil kym ,its my first grow ,and thanks for the advice i will try next feed

• Like Like x 1
  4. Do u av a goid root ball? Wat medium? Do u use perlite? How often ya feeding? Xx

5. Im using canna pro soil ,ive been feeding roughly every other day

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yes love if dont drink it up off tray then check ya siol see if miost etc love . Remove any water from tray after about 4hrs as plants will av taken wat they need by then lv. Gud luck lv x

7. Brill they will be sound to bottom feed love. Dont let em get too wet though love. And remember to throw out water unused after 4 hrs so roots arent sat in wet. Gud lock xxx

8. You desperately need to let them dry out between watering/feeding. If the container they're growing in doesn't feel like it did when you loaded it with fresh dry soil, it's NOT time to give more water. They don't like their roots sitting in moisture all the time. Do you measure and adjust the pH of your water to a range of 6.3 to 6.7? If not, continued watering with out of range pH will lock up the roots of your plants and they can't take in nutrition. Go to the new grower threads and read the sticky's there for the new inexperienced grower. They contain the very basic info that all growers should know BEFORE they get plants. LOL This rarely happens. When you water, start in the center of the plant around the stalk and VERY SLOWLY give the water there. Continue to work around the root ball and toward the outer edges of the container. Make sure you water all the way to the very edge of the pot. This forces the plant to search out the entire container for water/feed and will create a larger root ball. I'm not into that feeding from the bottom. But that's just me. Watering is just something you have to do very very slowly and not be in a hurry. Since the soil needs to be very light and arid for excellent drainage, it makes it easy for the water to just dump right through if you don't water very slowly. Good luck! TWW

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks for the reply ,im starting to think that i was watering a little to fast as u said ,maybe not allowing the water to soak in ...thanks again