Water curing

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by fasteddie, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Yes it is an old process, and yes further curing is not necessary. I guess with your one post you fail to understand that.

The water used to make bubble hash does not extract any THC. It helps mechanically separate the trichomes so they can be collected and pressed into high quality hash.

*sigh* The sum total of ignorance on this site still amazes me. Both of you, and others.

2. you lose terpenes and flavonoids with any water extraction or curing.

THC, CBD, CBN are not water soluble.

flavonoids add to the high and medicinal benefit.

i'll be keeping mine...

3. Nooo that's because of the ice bro. Water don't extract owt but stored nutes and chlorophyll. Bubble hash (i thought) uses ICED cubes to agitate the trichomes? But the water dissent extract thc. Also I'd rather close my eyes if it opens my mind! My Bud is so crystals packed. Tbh i like how h20 cured buds look. And taste too and smell. All those things remain, maybe a little less (defo smell) but imho the potency is way better and can be got at. Ever smoked weed that's hard to pull on? Nutes can do that. I feed till i chop,i cure for TOPS 6 days and dry, its dried within a day if that.

4. I know what you mean. If i don't know I'll keep schtum. If water extracted thc rain would fuck every outdoor grow...do they not think Lol

5. So guys I've just Jared 3 Oz dry of water cured Sleestak! If i remember I'll add a pic via my dropbox today. The wet weight was 9 Oz so i lost about two thirds. Plant was small bless her and now I'm going to smoke a Bud....7 days after chopping her. Her crystals glint under my lights just as if not more than before. I love that even when someone catches me with a joint I've still a chance to hide it (;

6. You're joking right? Further curing isn't "NECESSARY", according to who, you? Do you even know what process is occurring during decarboxylation? Are you telling me that after a 7 day water cure, buds would receive no positive benefit from drying out and being placed in a jar when their moisture content is at the right levels? You're crazy.

What is going to bite you in the ass is being so ignorant as to poke fun at my post count. Do you honestly believe your post count gives you any sort of credibility? You should wise up, because I am pretty sure you stopped learning about cannabis a long time ago.

7. If you are having to modify the drying time for your plants you need to find a different place to dry. The water cure is used for a lot of reasons, stealth would be a whole lot easier since all the terpenes and flavonoids are washed away.

Why? Why not just allow the bud to dry out in a room acclimated for drying? Most people are used to drying their bud for two weeks, and then jarring it for two weeks for a bare minimum cure. If you are performing a seven day water cure, what is the harm in allowing your bud to dry out for two weeks and then popping it in jars? Eh?

This is a large misconception, you don't have to be that gentle with the buds. This isn't a baby you're dealing with, do you honestly believe you are going to knock trichomes off in a substantial amount if heavy RAIN can't do it?

Absolute waste of time, lots of people have tried to recover the so called "lost trichomes", but it is a waste of time. Even on HUGE amounts of water cured bud the amount of trichomes removed by light agitation is minimal. I mean seriously, if you are sitting around with screens trying to filter out literally .001% of overall trichome quantity, you're too high. Value depends on what you use the weed for, if all you made were edibles a water cure would be perfect for you.

8. This is one of the benefits, however, think of it in this way coupled with a different method of growing. Most growers pull their whole plant once the top portion is ripe. This method of growing has been used because of the illegality of weed. However if people were to follow the actual biology of the cannabis plant, you would run your plant even longer. Say your plant ripens in two months. Since you water cure you know you can run your plant all the way up until the end on nutrients. So now imagine you simply cut off the top portions of the plant, water cure them, and then dry them. In that amount of time another large portion of the plant's bottom buds have ripened up. You start the process over again, and all the buds you pulled would be at their full maturity, at full nutrient strength, maximizing your yield and quality far beyond other growers.

However this doesn't work if you are wanting to sell buds, because people want the taste and smell, unfortunately.

9. Honestly your friend is probably like most growers and just overfeeds the entire life of the plant. On top of that, most people don't dry their bud properly, therefore can't cure their bud properly. On top of that, most people don't have 3 months as a minimum for their cure duration. So not only is it poorly dried, not curing, but it only sits in jars for a couple weeks, if that! Water curing just seems so much better because it is so difficult to find properly dried and cured buds.

10. Try eating these things called fruits, vegetables, and herbs. Funny story, plants seem to share these compounds called terpenes and flavonoids, and a lot of the ones founds in cannabis can be found in numerous other plant species. So...you're a bum.

11. #111 pablojuana, Mar 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2013
    Could a jar be rigged up with a constant slow flow of fresh water to do this? Or does the water need to sit still with no movement? Very interesting method...

This sounds like a good method for a hermie..contain all the pollen

12. I just submerged a few buds to try this..using a net pot to hold them under water

Attached Files:

13. It might be a waste of time if you only grow grams. I have pounds to work with. I would be never water cure my precious buds though. It's the worst method there is. Grow organic and you won't have to worry about all this crap anyway.

14. I wouldn't say it is the worst method ever. It's just different. I don't do it much at all but there is nothing wrong with it.

15. When you say water curing gets rid of all smell, do you mean all smell? Obviously frsh cut bud drying stinks. But when you dry water cured bud, is there no smell?

16. [quote name='"GanjFarmer610"']When you say water curing gets rid of all smell, do you mean all smell? Obviously frsh cut bud drying stinks. But when you dry water cured bud, is there no smell?[/quote]

There is a smell still, defiantly not as pungent, it actually kind of changes the smell, more planty. It only takes a short while to dry water cured bud aswel. Only a day or 2 on screens with fans blowing.

17. Has anyone ran nutes all the way to the end no flush and then water cured?

18. #118 Im blunter, Apr 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2013
    I've never done this with any of my grows, but last year I was hanging out with a guy i haven't seen since high school.
    We were smoking some OG kush that my buddy had grown himself, anyways we rolled a joint and as soon as I toked the J I immediately started coughing and my eyes started to burn this obviously merited a question because the weed he had grown actually looked, and for the most part smelled great.
    I proceeded to ask him if he's still been doing organic and he tells me that his partner told him that flushing would hurt the roots, so he didn't flush at all during flowering, I decided to ask a follow up question, how often did you give your plant bloom, he replied by saying he uses 3/4 of what's recommended.
    I asked no further questions after that but the point is, if you dont flush the last 2 weeks, your buds will taste a bit different but they will be very harsh.

Also I would imagine water curing would work to remove nutrients, but it would be at the sacrifice of the flavor and smell of your marijuana, IMO you can just get a better harvest by flushing correctly and harvesting a tad bit late, if you do this you don't have to water cure and it saves the wonderful smell of your crop.

19. Ya i was curious because with my latest grow i don't think i flushed enough. I was using a coco coir hempy bucket in a tub which i think made it harder for the salts to leave the rootzone versus a regular pot. I flushed for a week but the leaves never went yellow. I didn't think of it much at first but doesn't it mean that she didn't go into lockout after flushing and eat her own stored nutes? I also dried mostly whole for 10 days and then three more days in paper bags filled with shredded paper. Then cured for two weeks.

The weed itself has amazing bag appeal and scent. The problem is after i break it up and load it, it doesn't burn properly. Turns black and chars and then eventually turns to white ash after you inhale a harsh hit. It honestly isn't as bad burning as perhaps this makes it sound, but i have a 6g nug left of my latest. Thinking about water curing it.

And if i like water curing, i might end up water curing everything everything. I like the smells but i also can appreciate the benefits, like stealth toking, and of course smooooooth hits

I don't care so much about the extra weight i'd be loosing either.

20. Well if you don't care about the extra weight, flavor and scent then you may as well just take a few nugs and water cure them.
    If what your looking for is just the effects and a less harsh smoke, then water curing sounds perfect for you, it will take out tons of chlorophyll and if your plant was indeed flushed improperly then I would imagine a water cure would dissolve a lot of the nutrients left over in the nugs, seems like there's no downside other than loss of flavor and taste.
    I also heard that water cured weed, when frozen, makes the best bubble.