Water Curing

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Artarenas, May 31, 2017.

1. Am i tripping or did i get mold from the water curing???

Attached Files:

2. pretty tough to tell from those pics. You should be changing out the water frequently though...like every couple hours.

When I did it I would submerge the buds in distilled water for about 16 hours. I would change out the water every few hours, or sooner if it became murky. Then after a good soaking, I would spread the buds out on a wire rack and dry them with a fan. It's important to dry them quickly like this to prevent mold, and to help remove the smell.

After a good watercure the buds should be smooth, but have very little smell or taste. There will still be a slight burnt taste/smell .. but it doesn't smell much like weed. More like dried roasted plants or something...not bad, but hard to describe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I water cure about 70% of my annual crop for the last 20 years

never heard of any grower getting mold post water cure ???

I soak my plants in a wire trash bin sitting in a 10 liter bucket and change the water every 24 hours

ensuring the water is tepid not cold as that disconnects the trics

the soak last for 4 days, after 5/6 days the plant turns to mush tho still smoke able looks shit

I then hang to dry like socks

and ready to use once dry

good luck

• Like Like x 2
  4. whats the point of water curing???

5. It takes away almost all of the smell when you smoke it...good for people that need to stay low key.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. thats kinda dumb,.....i want my shit stanky lol

• Like Like x 1