water curing?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by fenabar, Nov 21, 2012.

1. I have heard a few people talk about soaking buds in water for curing. has anyone tried it? What were your results?

2. hahahahahahahahahahaha. Best first post EVER!

3. Never heard of that method, have you tried the Emory Board Method? basically you take a nail file and "shave" off all the "powder" on the buds and leaves. You don't want that shit in you. Trust me.

4. Hmm, nope. I always use the Oil & Fire curing method. Just dip them in kerosene and light them on fire.

5. Personally I like the method where you take a vaccum cleaner first and suck all the frost off the buds. Works great. Gotta tell you. I needed a good laugh this morning.

6. I smoke them wet... what's curing?

7. yes it works but is usually only done on really bad tasting bud.. if you want any taste left in your weed cure it another way...;)

8. It is a legit way to cure.... you guys really look stupid right now...;)

• Like Like x 1

9. I don't care if it's "legit" it's still stupid, and only an idiot would do it that way. I don't care how you say it, washing all the THC crystals off your weed is just plain stupid. You are the one that sounds stupid if you really use this method.

10. I never said I used it.... ;)

and THC is not water soluble...:)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ah OK, I Googled it and found this:

Air Curing is done to remove chlorophyll and other salts, etc that are built up in the plant during it life cycle. It allows for a smoother smoke and tastier product. People do this by utilizing oxygen in the air. Oxygen works oxidize the chlorophyll and break it down on a chemical level. This takes 2-4 weeks, but allows for the best aroma and "bag appeal" which is important to some people.
    Results:
    -Burning is still somewhat harsh and will leave more ash behind
    -More bag appeal: more color to the buds
    -better taste and aroma

Water Curing is done by cutting down your buds and removing the fan leaves. It's optional to do further trimming, but note that cured trimmings always make better hash. Place them in a bin of Reverse Osmosis water and keep below above 65F and below 75F. Use something to gently weigh them down. Once a day for 3-7 days (depending on personal preference) change out the water with clean fresh RO water. Because there is a high concentration of chlorophyll and salts in the buds and none in the water, Osmosis will naturally occur, drawing it out of the plant until the levels are equal. The water is changed out to keep the osmotic pressure at its highest: day old water will not have the same osmotic force to suck out everything. After the 3-7 days, hang and dry the buds like you normally would. Done!
    Results:
    -Less bag appeal
    -The smoothest bud you'll ever smoke
    -Bud is more potent, but only because the total weight is reduced. IE- where you may get 1.5g air curing, you'll only get 1g with water cure: a much purer product
    -Using them method allows you to pump in nutrients all the way to the end, with NO 1-2 weeks of flushing. That could increase yields significantly.

Remember that nothing we want to smoke is water soluble. That means it will not leach out into the water. The only thing that can happen is trichomes can break off if you treat the buds roughly: be gentle.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nice...

+rep..

13. Obviously he is new at it, and is posting in the Absolute Beginners thread. Sorry people aren't as informed as you sir Chronic Crunch.

14. Might be interesting to try this with like 5 g off my harvest just to try it. It's always good to know different ways. This could be a good idea for stealth grows as I'm sure it reduces smell compared to just hanging.

15. Good info I guess. I'm just not into it. FYI for everyone, just because it's on Google doesn't mean it's right. lol. Hell, there's millions of made up things on Google as well. It still seems like a bad idea. I will be air curing my buds. lol.

16. I water cured some cannabis that had a flavor I didn't care for. I was left with ugly-looking :cool:, flavorless :), and VERY smooth toking pot! :smoking: I used distilled water and it worked quite well.

Water curing does NOT "fix" moldy weed, but for off flavored, very harsh, or unflushed weed, it works great.

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. [quote name='"Benderbob"']

It is a legit way to cure.... you guys really look stupid right now...;)[/quote]

yeah they do, this is why we should research before posting rude remarks. I've seen multiple grows on here with water curing as their curing process with success.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thanks to everyone for the replies. I might try it on some of thus next crop

19. I'm planning on trying water curing with my next crop. It is an accepted and logical way to cure bud and get a higher potency. Some people just don't like the way it lacks flavor....the others simply flap their jaw before informing themselves

20. I've done it...Durban Poison...hated the taste...loved the high...

Water cure gives you a weird result...works fine, just the end product is different...smooth and relatively flavourless...

After trying it, I prefer an air cure myself...

Bender...schooling the kids...:laughing: