Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Water curing already ready to smoke nugs?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by ganjapowerissoamazin, Oct 9, 2013.

1. I buy my weed so its already been air cured or whatever they did to cure it. But I was wondering if I can still water cure to make the smoke smoother and make the buds more potent(albeit weigh less).

2. just smoke the damn weed :bongin:

3. Ya but I don't smoke weed just to get high, I smoke weed to get the best experience. For example what's the difference between a 50 dollar bong and a 500 dollar bong. They both get you just as high with the same amount of weed, but who wants to hit a shitty looking 50 dollar bong that will probably make you cough a lung out.

Same thing with water curing. It makes for a smoother nicer smoke and a more potent bud. It's like taking your dank to the next level. At least that's what it sounds like to me.

4. if you say so. :hide:

5. its possible to do it buuut you run the risk of completely goofing your stash. i suppose if you had a 1/2 ounce + you could spare a gram or two to test. read about water curings but havent tried it yet.

6. What is water curing? If I was you id just smoke it, if u dont like it just buy off someone else. Or grow and cure to your own standards. Although ifits sticky or wet putting it into a airtight jar and opening it a few times a day should make it a little dryer.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I have done a water cure on already cured weed.  I took about a gram nug, and used a twist tie and tied it to a fork and stuck it in a glass of water.  I left it like this for 3 days and then dried it out w/ a fan.  It took a day to two to get dry, but it really did improve the smoke.  It wasn't nearly as harsh, but the green was a lil bit darker and the taste wasn't as pronounced as before.  I would just a gram nug or so to do a trail run and see how it goes for you.  It can be done, but you can also mess your weed up, just keep an eye on it. 

8. So water curing is just leaving your weed in water for days and that is surpose to increase the potency lol???

9. #9 phunk doc, Oct 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2013
    from what ive read, potency doesnt increase by much, flavor and bag appeal decrease but smoothness...it is said to be the smoothest toke you wont choke...but i have yet to see.

ElectricJW's method is pretty much what the method is.

10. Actually it can increase potency a lot. It's not that you get more thc, it's that it loses unnecessary weight.

For example if you have an ounce, there's probably 5 grams of thc. If you watercured that ounce you'd still have 5 grams of thc but only like 20 grams of weed. So you don't have more total thc but you have more thc per gram.

11. That dosn't mean your increasing the potency tho. It seems better but clearly stays the same.

12. Okay so assuming a water cure is in any way able to increase potency in a chemical reaction is false, water curing to get extra weight out? Okay I guess but is rather have the full ounce than soaking all my bud then drying and only ending up with 20 grams and also if weight is lost during this period then thc is also lost. Water doesn't preserve the thc.

13. This sounds extremely redundant to me... $0.02

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum