Water cloning question!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by wasteofammo, Mar 12, 2009.

1. I've had my clone in just tap water for a few days now and I was wondering if I could snip the end (to make a fresh cut) and dip it in some rooting hormone and putting it back in the water help the process become more successful/faster?

2. If it's not already dead, it's probable that making a fresh cut and adding rooting hormone will be successful. Either way you'll need to add an airstone to the water if you want any chance at success.

3. Ive read the water cloning techniques and it could be as simple as just using tapwater... it seems like you're saying that it won't work with just tapwater.

4. No, I'm saying the roots will need oxygen. If you have a cutting just sitting in a glass of water, essentially, it's drowning.

5. this is just the cuttings, no roots yet.

6. Hmmm, just ran a search on it. I guess that's all it is, cuttings in water?

Never heard about it before, interesting.

Either way, you can usually expect roots within 2 weeks, how long has it been?

7. Since Monday, but the temp has been fluctuating because I've been moving around with it and now I'm finally home. Yeah I hope it works out as planned... I'll post pics if it happens! =D