Water becomes cloudy after I get PH right

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by MrDabfire, Jan 2, 2021.

1. So I have well water. And if the well water is naturally just sitting. Nothing happens, stays nice and clear. But when I ph down to get my levels right (6.5). After a few days the water becomes cloudy.
    Any ideas on what this is, and if it's dangerous to my plants?

Sent from my LM-V600 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Whats it look like after you let it sit. What ph adjuster do you have.

3. Not sure if you can tell or not but that's what it looks like. I'm using GH ph up and down. I use a ph meter then double check with drops.

It also develops a strange smell to it as well.

Maybe I just shouldn't let the water sit for more than a day or two? Plants are growing perfectly fine so idk ‍♂️. 0102211239_HDR.jpg

4. Doesn't look too bad it is well water. You using soil so should be alright. Whats the ph to begin with.

5. Ph is 8+ naturally. Pretty high.
    And yes I am using soil. I'm just worried about bacteria or something. Should I not be real concerned?

6. I think the ph down will kill some of it but not enough to do harm.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Do u also add nutes to the water? I know some nutes ya have to add in certain order so they don’t bond.

8. Iron and potassium phosphate cannot be mixed together.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Try keeping it aerated, or at least use it within an hour or two before the dissolved oxygen dissipates. :thumbsup:

10. I hadn't mixed any nutes into the water yet. Don't start feeding till next week

11. Yeah I only am making what I need rn and I dump the rest