Watching two megachurch preachers defend ownership of their private jets and personal planes, INSANE

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Superjoint, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Forgive the split personality. Father Ted is a character from a famous tv show called Father Ted. Craggy island is where he is from. I suppose I am guilty in that if I am going to use a spoof name then I should be consistent with that personality. But I am a real person and I am not here to troll. If exposing logic in peoples thought processes makes me a troll then I guess I am but all I seek to do is to open peoples minds to logic and reason. To questioning things rather than presuming and to realise that truth is always told within peoples linguistics because as a species we are not designed to lie.

I only psycho analyse people who act in a malevolent manner, I do not abuse people nor do it for my own kicks. Merely in defence of myself,

• Like Like x 2
  2. None of this shows systematic abuse and cover-ups. If a teacher is found guilty of sexual abuse, they go to jail. They do not get relocated to another school.

Providing some bizzare estimation from a Catholic reporter is hardly convincing.

3. How about the one I provided from the Us Department of Education? Lol

D1767F23-9EFD-4B97-AC1B-04A73EA48C55.png

J

4. Very funny indeed. Like, OMG for reals lulz.

Did you even read the report or just pasted the first link you found on Google? Don't bother answering because if you did, you would not post it.

Let's summarize.
    1. The report literally says: A Synthesis of Existing Literature.

Do you understand what that means?

2. Not one word about systematic abuse.
    3. Not one word about any cover-ups.

Yes, abuse happens. But no school district or any specific school were mentioned in the report as enablers of such behaviors. If anything, prompt action was taken against the perpetrator.

Even if there was some kind of misinformation, how does abuse in schools (often religious schools, btw) excuse the actions of the church?

We are talking about church here and just because you might think that schools are also complicit in some bizzare sexual abuse scandals, by no means does that provide an excuse for the so called "men of god".
    They should face prosecution as any other predator. Not get relocated to another position and let's all pretend that nothing happened. We are doing god's work here!

It's really unbelievable that you are even attempting to defend such behavior.

And if you are really that concerned about systematic sexual abuse in schools, start another thread and don't use this one for derailing the conversation away from the crimes of the church.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Dude, the single only point I was making was that there were far more incidents in the school system than there were in the Catholic church. I never once mentioned coverups but only made the point about statistical numbers. Of course I in no way condone anything and think what has and most likely is still happening in the Catholic arena is atrocious - so get off your silly high horse and see my initial post for what it was - statistical numbers.

Breathe.... lol

Man but do people get all bent out of shape on the Internet over the stupidest shit.

And do I mean the stupidest.

J

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I Don't know, doesn't look like my horse is high. I am.
    You didn't post anything "statistical" just a few random links. Anyway I hope you see that it was totally unrelated with the cover-ups by the church or systematic abuse of minors... Even if you don't want to admit it.
    Have a nice day.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I'm starting to get stuck here. Nobody is saying the church hasn't covered sex abuse up, all I am stating, and I believe Jerry is making the same point, is that other organisations are just as bad if not worse - and the Catholic Church seems to be getting the brunt of criticism (which is fine), thus allowing perverts in other industries to go about their dirty business unimpeded (not fine).

8. You are getting stuck because you don't understand the difference between institutional / systematic abuse and cover-ups vs incident that happened, but wasn't covered up nor enabled by the institution.

9. No, I understand the difference, it appears to me that you are being willfully ignorant to abuse by other organisations other than the Church. Social services in the UK are the worst, in the US it will be the same. The difference is is that their abuse hasn't been widely exposed - why, scape goats elsewhere maybe? And you are lapping it up.

10. It doesn't have anything to do with Christianity. "How come there's millions of people following them?" Maybe because they think God will bring them money? Some people are naive and gullible. I was in that mix of people when I was protestant. But it never matched up with what the bible said (sola scriptura for sure, lol). But there is tradition too. We didn't have the bible first. I few years ago, I heard of some pastor that was a fraud and he didn't get away with it, but did for years, sadly. I wouldn't pin it to Christians only, that's over generalizing. I think it's wrong to be a superstar and make it known to all "look at me! Look how much I have." Greed and Pride I think of those "Christians". But everyone has their own sins, but I think it's wrong for them to be broadcasting it. I believe they are leading people the wrong way.

11. The origins of religions even Christianity are not of this world. They are lies told to us by extra terrestrial beings so they could manipulate terrestrial society to their own advantage.

People have been seeing things in the sky and talking to larger than life beings who seemed to have magic powers since the dawn of recorded history.

Life is not special, we are just a self aware complex form of bacteria that was most likely intentionally placed here by another intelligent civilization as a surveillance style experiment to observe a less advanced civilization and species.

If there is truly an omnipotent trans dimensional being that exists at the penultimate crossing of every single conceivable dimensions then our existence our entire universe is likely nothing more than a skid mark on this beings undergarments or a small growth under his toilet seat. He would be so far advanced and beyond our concepts of space time and reality that it is impossible to personify or even comprehend such an entity.

Maybe the beings who came here and originated different forms of Judaeo Christianity and other earlier forms of religion like Sumerian and Babylonian beliefs, they were likely aware of the cosmic nature of the universe and painted themselves as the ultimate being but definitely were just limited beings like us with in depth knowledge of physics and science and access to advanced tech.

I was born and raised a Baptist evangelical, I’ve identified as an atheist, agnostic and now I have no spiritual definition but I know there is no heaven or hell and misogyny homophobia and xenophobia are so far from the teachings of Christ how most christians think they have any understanding of the message of Christ is really an ironic laughable joke.

Christ was a counter culture icon and he had 12 zealotous followers who basically used him as a figure for their own works.

The Catholic Church canonized the New Testament books but did not include any of the apocryphal works even though experts in Coptic Greek and Egyptian have concurred the writing style and format of the apocrypha are identical to many of the canonized books of the new testament.

Ultimately religion is a tool used by the elite to foster complacency and make us easy sheep to heard and manipulate. They turn our suffering and mental health issues into commodities for the prison industry to exploit via the war on drugs as a vehicle of systemic oppression and racial and class discrimination. All while claiming to be a Christian nation (although that violates first amendment by imposing religion upon society as a way of life) ignoring the Palestinian genocide and waging wars for financial gains

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum