Watching The Land Before Time, and it's making me tear up.

Discussion in 'General' started by OpenMindFields, Feb 22, 2012.

1. #1 OpenMindFields, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2012
    Watching this movie, the very first one, has made me remember so much my mom, dad, and grandparents did for me when I was a little guy, its when I was just growing up, and all the little things they would do, because in their hearts they wanted to be good parents and good grandparents, just this bountiful and endless amounts of love they would give to their child, just because it's what they felt.

Watching scenes from the movie just help me go back to the periods of time in my life, when I didn't have opinions of anything, no prejudice, no rejection of people or ego, just... me loving my family and having fun. Back when life was just simple fun, when I was young..

Young, 3-4-5-6 years old, when things were so much more simple, I've been on this nostalgic hunt for a few weeks now, and its brought me further and further back in in my life, and I've finally reached the point to where my first few years of life are starting to come back to me now..

I owe my family the most immenseful amounts of respect based on all they did for me, I can't beleive how much of a jerk I have been..

..I dont know why Im even crying, and you can all call me weak and a sissy if you want, this is shit straight from the heart...

There's just something about innocence of a child, and your family, that I just cant piece together..

Wow.

2. you my friend....are way too high :smoke:

3. No man, I'm not even high, at all.

I'm just thinking too much about my life.

You know those things people put at the back of their minds to not think about, beacuse it bothers them? Well that's not what I'm like.

4. Haha flashback!

I was sad when sharptooth died. Assholes are so discriminitve against carnivores.

Wtf they couldn't even talk as if stupid.

5. I own im pretty sure every single movie... havent been stoned enough to watch them tho

6. Im just just at that part now.

Ya can stream it online, somebody was kind enough to upload it..

The Land Before Time Part 1 - Video Dailymotion

7. I loved that movie when I was younger.. this thread is the encouragement I needed to go re-watch it. Thanks :)

Glad it helped you come to appreciate your family and childhood more. Appreciation is a great feeling.. to me, it's the adult version of a kid's natural happiness. Idk if that even makes sense, but it sounded right in my head :p

8. Im glad somebody feels me on it.

Yea it totally make sense, really did.

9. I'm definitely gonna watch this shit next week while I'm on some unmentionables.

I'm gonna hit up my old friend Lucy, and she's gonna come over to watch these videos with me. ;)

I watched this shit when I was a kid all the time, its one of my favorite shows ever.

10. What a beautiful post. I certainly didn't expect this when I read Land Before Time in your title. Those movies take me back, too. My oldest daughter, who is almost 17 now, was coocoo for cocopuffs about the whole LBT series. We had them all on dvd, and she watched them all every day, all day long. It drove me crazy, but she loved them so much. What could I do? lol

This does remind of the time I got my first real child rearing scare. As I'm sure you know, the dinos in LBT refer to leaves on trees as "tree stars", and that's what they ate. Well, I had a huge potted plant in the living room at one time, and it sat next to the end of the couch. One day, while my daughter was watching LBT, she just got it in her head to lean over and take a huge bite out of one of the leaves on the plant. Immediately, she began crying and shouting that her mouth was burning. I had to call poison control, describe the plant (because I had no idea what kind of plant it was), and luckily enough it was not a harmful plant. I just had to make her rinse her mouth out several times with milk, and then make her drink a glass or two of milk, and then she was fine. It was scary though. Taught me a big lesson! Ever since then, I make sure I identify any plant in my house, and I label each one with a piece of tape on the bottom of the pot. Thankfully, my kids are old enough now to know better than to munch on a house plant...lol

11. <333333333333

Attached Files:

12. lol I know, I expected people to bash me, call me faggot and pussy, tell me to grow up.

but I see there's alot of people here on the same boat too, that's really awesome.

I don't know it's wierd, I've been watching old YTV and Teletoon shows, playing old video games I grew up on, I've been reliving my past quite a bit..

Land before Time just topped it right off. As soon as the movie started playing, I just got tears in my eyes, and couldn't help it.

I have so many memories.

13. The voice actor for Ducky was murdered by her father and he then killed his wife and himself.

The more you know!

14. Thanks for letting me know so now I can remain sad..

15. Judith Barsi.. Wow.

"Judith was last seen on the morning of July 25, 1988, when she rode her bike on her street.[5] On that same night, József shot Judith in the head while she was asleep in her room. Maria, hearing the gunshot, rushed down the hall, where József met her and shot her, as well.[4] József then poured gasoline on the bodies and set them on fire.[7] He later went into the garage and shot himself in the head with a .32 caliber pistol.[8][9]"

That's insane..

16. #16 JesusGotBaked, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2012
    I remember playing super nintendo all the time when I was a kid, that was such a blast. Then I moved onto the N64, then got a PlayStation 1, then the GameCube, then the Xbox, then the PS2, then finally the Xbox 360.

I remember super mario world and donkey kong on the super nintendo, and on the N64 donkey kong and super mario 64 man that brings back so many memories as a kid, its almost depressing how shit has changed for me so much since then. The PS1 I remember crazy taxi or whatever the fuck its called. The gamecube had super monkeyball, that game is still fun as hell, and it had animal crossing AND waverider, super smash bros, and super mario sunshine, and PIKMIN! Don't forget phantasy star online, THAT was one of my favorite games. Then Xbox had Halo and Halo 2, I didn't play really anything other than those two. The PS2 had ghost recon and some others, I never really liked Sonys consoles from the beginning. Finally you have the 360 with GTAIV, Halo 3, COD4:MW, MW2, MW3, BF3, oblivion and others.

I love gaming.

17. My mom used to sit there and watch me play Super Mario world on Snes most of the time while I'd play, and I remember she would say things like "I bet there's a secret there, SEE there's a key, now where do you have to take it to open up a new world? I bet there's something special there, in that last level remember what you had to do? Keep it in mind until you finish the game."

I remember the day I got a Playstation 1 for christmas from my uncle, when I was in grade 5. It had a MOD chip and had the capacity to play burnt games, so I had a library of easily over 100 games, as a matter of fact I"m still sitting on those games and console today. I spent hours with that PS1, easily hours.

I never really got into the Ps2 because after the PS1 my next step was an xbox, and Halo, Tony Hawk's underground, Mechassault, and Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee took all of my time up.

Oh man, Mem Or Eez

18. Awe, that is so sad! I don't know that I should share that with my daughter. Hell, she probably already knows.

19. I think you should tell your daughter...

"Honey, DUCKY IS FUCKING DEAD!"

"AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!" *screams and cries violently*

"THAT BITCH GOT KILLED IN HER SLEEP THAN LIT ON FIRE!"

Just kidding, don't do that lol.