Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Watching scary movies high

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by PeacefulStoner, Jun 30, 2011.

1. #1 PeacefulStoner, Jun 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2011
    I've seen threads about people saying they love watching them high.

Maybe its just me but I think that would scare me and make me paronoid.

I don't like anything unpleasant when I'm high, screaming and people getting sliced into little pieces for example.

I mean I watched video drome tripping once and I haven't been the same ever since.

Is it really that great watching them stoned?

2. it's scarier. if you like getting scared then it's better, if not then it's worse.

3. If it's a good movie, then hell yea.

I've never seen a scary movie though, but I'm a huge horror fan.

4. Honestly, I get bored. I don't find "scary" movies all that scary anyway, and when I'm high it just feels like I'm wasting the high.

Everyone does their own thing when stoned and no one is alike. The first time I ever smoked, my friends put on Pink Floyd, grabbed a bag of chips, and watched a graphic visualizer for a while. It was a cool experience, but it was wayyy too stereotypically stoner for my tastes, even for my first time. So, I put on a Steve Vai video and we watched that instead. It was awesome, but its not for everyone.

I've been told a bunch of times to watch shit like Reefer Madness when stoned, so I did. Hated the whole experience. I don't see how people could enjoy that stoned. Its like if a bunch of Jews watched a video of Hitler explaining why the Jewish people are so bad. It doesn't make sense, but others find it very amusing.

Bottom line: if you hate horror movies, there's not enough herb in the world that will make you like them. Don't waste your time, your high, or your herb.

5. I cant watch movies when im high. They seem so fake

6. Haha my friend puts on pink Floyd when he is high too

I don't like pink Floyd even when high

7. movies are fake:)

8. #8 Alrex, Jun 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    No twilight is real you take that back

9. I dont even like scary movies when I'm sober. When I'm high, my mind is much more vulnerable. I will NEVER watch a scary movie when high. It just seems like a recipe for disaster

10. if you're watching a movie, comedy movies are the best way to go while stoned.

11. i ONLY watch comedies when im high. especially stand up!lol

12. I like watching horror movies high, not necessarily scary movies. I especially like reading horror (especially Lovecraftian stuff) high but I'm kind of fucked in the head.

13. Never watched scary movies high. But if your a gamer, play Dead Space 2 while baked, with lights off and everything. That shit is scary lol.

14. Depends on you as a person.

I have always loved horror movies. I've seen well over 300 titles since I was 13 years old, so just about nothing scares or startles me anymore in any movie. For this reason, I love watching horror movies high. Not sure how to explain why.

If you're skittish with them sober, then yeah, your experience won't be that enjoyable while baked.

15. +1 on preferring comedies, but that's more of a relief from everyday life. I don't understand why people want to watch some of these heart breaking dramas (I try to keep all that drama out of my life)

And yea, I think there is an important distinction between horror and truly scary movies. I guess since growing up I've lost my imagination of the truly impossible that made horror movies scary. If any movies scare me it would be the ones where the acts are plausible.

16. i wish they would get scarier for me... but they get more funny and i tend to see how bad most actors are acting :D

17. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7gIpuIVE3k]YouTube - ‪Garbage Day! (high quality)‬‏[/ame]

18. The sense of dread in a scary movie is heightened, given that weed can kinda amplify any feelings you get.

And, just like watching sober, that can be very fun, or very scary, or a combination of the two.

Just like watching for real :)

I personally enjoy watching all kinds of movies high - I have a deeper view of what I'm watching. Sometimes in a humorous way, sometimes in insightful ways.

19. Dude, That annoys me so much. People think that wen u smoke pot its gonna make watching the colors like magical or something. Its the same damn thing as it is when youre sober. I had a friend who bought some blacklights, and he wanted to smoke pot and gaze at his blacklight posters while the blacklight was on. It makes people sound dumb when you treat pot like its a hardcore psychedelic. Its cool as hell doing physical things while high, That actually is different. But getting high and staring at one of those hypnotizing youtube videos, Or watching a visualizer on your computer, It just makes you seem THAT much more newb.

/Rant :D

Btw OP, Never watched a scary movie while high, I will give this a go sometime. :wave: :smoke:

20. colors aren't magical, but they're more...i don't know...tantalizing? Yeah, that's a good word to describe it. visualizers and colors are more interesting, at least when i'm baked.