Watches

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by VikingToker, Nov 6, 2020.

1. #21 OldUR, Dec 13, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
    In the face of Covid and retirement, I have trouble keeping track of what day it is. Looking out the window is all the knowledge of time that I need. Obsession with time isn’t something I miss from my younger days.

The GPS function on my TomTom watch for tracking distance and location has far more value than its ability to tell time.

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. That said, this is my only “collector” watch. Picked it up at the inaugural Disney Marathon. Never wore it. Probably pass it on to one of my grandchildren.
    upload_2020-12-13_12-41-27.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Yes I like watches quite a bit I have a few but nothing fancy.

Solar/Atomic time keeping g shock square (although unfortunately I live too far to have the atomic time keeping work) this watch would survive a nuclear apocalypse without breaking a sweat

[​IMG]

Seiko sgf204 basically a datejust homage, 36mm, fits super comfortable, quartz so its super thin and accurate. Really looks good in person.

[​IMG]

Orient mako ii, my first and so far only automatic watch. I like it but don't love it it's pretty hefty but overall pretty cool. Kinda wish I got it in black cause while the blue looks great when the light hits it just right, in most light it looks kinda meh.

[​IMG]

Finally my most recent that I have on now and sees the most wear these days is the good old Casio A158WA. Cheap but iconic and performs quite well and is super light.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2

4. Of all my watches, and I have a few, my daily is the G Shock. Durable as hell as I'm rough on a watch worn daily. They'll survive anything. And they look great!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. I'm buying a new watch and narrowed it down to two, which watch y'all think?

20210403_084522.jpg

20210403_084553.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. #26 Christoferfer, Oct 26, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2022
    I believe that all spheres of life intersect and they will always intersect, no matter the technique or fashion, in this watch, which you showed us, these two parameters are perfectly combined. Technology plus fashion is a huge breakthrough in two cultures and I'm even ready to go to pawn shop for watches to sell all my classic watches and buy such cool ones. People who believe that two spheres cannot intersect with each other are wrong, because it is impossible. Some genius will connect them and get something beautiful that millions of people will like and they will follow or buy it. Peace and good luck to all!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. I'm not a jewelry wearer but I do love a nice watch it doesn't have to be a Rolex or a Breitling
    Or a Tag but whatever catches my eye .
    I have a nice collection of watches some expensive and some not so much.
    I'm a pretty big dude so I prefer big bold watches usually divers style .

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. I always enjoyed a nice watch, but these are what I have left today… Either will do I reckon, but I still think of some of the older ones…

49C52BCE-8ED6-4C20-9D0B-E54687EA70FE.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. I love autos, both of these are auto.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My next watch will be a quartz.
    [​IMG]

And this one if I'm ever rich. It's $70,000
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. I Like That Color Green On There. Pretty!

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  11. This will be my next watch. Casio protrek.
    It uses sunlight and UV to charge.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Well Thats Cool AF! I Hope You Get It Soon.

~Toni~

• Creative Creative x 1
  13. I'm not sure exactly which watch I have.
    I just know it's a Citizen Eco-Drive, is silver and gold and has a blue face.

• Creative Creative x 1