Watches

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by VikingToker, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Anyone here into watches? I'm into some eccentric things and I feel like this is a really dorky one

Blend of engineering and fashion I guess, something about it is really appealing

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Show-off!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Aw, sorry to see that reaction. I don't own any of these or any expensive watches.

I'm just fascinated by their workings and think they look great. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. #4 Dizzy, Nov 6, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    Hell Yes Lol Watches are Cool...ion Wear One My Self because im Home All Day but I Got My Husband One Before which he Still Wears too. Time Fascinates Me an Whoever Came Up With The Idea of Watches Was Really Cool imo. I Like There Workings Too @VikingToker Much Respect An this Isa Great Thread My Friend :) Those Ones You Post Are Amazing Too! :thumbsup::thankyou:

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Watches are still pretty cool. I myself need to invest in a decent and durable one or perhaps a smart watch. That way I can feel like Penny from Inspector Gadget who was the OG smart watch user.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. I've never worn a watch because I've always had my phone :confused_2::laughing:

• Like Like x 2
  7. 13573924-0533-4B32-AD32-3C946DDD83E0.jpeg

J

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. #8 Dizzy, Nov 7, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2020

What's That Lol Sorry? Some Kind of Watch IK but I Don't Know What Kind lol. Is it a Compass lol? Kinda Looks Like it TBH!

~Toni~

9. You don’t remember? We were discussing sundials? It uses the suns shadow to tell time.

j

• Winner Winner x 1

10. Oh Yes Now I Remember Sorry jerry I Have Bad Memory Problems because My Brain Injury that's why. That's Cool tho I Think those are Awesome/Creative.

~Toni~

11. The original way mankind has been able to tell time since way way WAY back.

j

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Yeah the mechanical and digital watches are cool inventions - but there's something primally ingenious about sundials

My old man and I used to make them in the sand outside our fjordfront cabin every summer when I was a little one

• Friendly Friendly x 2

13. Ohhh Cool I Like Those...Thanks For Reminding Me Jerry.

~Toni~

14. I had a pretty good collection of watches at one time. But, I am getting old and with no family to pass them to, there comes a time.... I sold them all on eBay. My favorite was my Bulova Space View. Sold these last 2 recently. They were my Dad's

. UniversalGeneve.jpg 4.jpg

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Some gorgeous pieces! Especially the Space View. I've got nothing in my collection yet :(

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. The square one is very elegant.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Yeah I used to wear a watch, back in the days of corporate affairs, and flashing my n#3 status symbol = the watch, over the years the watch change very much starting with a company Rolex back in the 1980's and settling on the ultra thin Cartier, being so thing was great you can wear stuff on and off and no watch hassle, was great, then I started with weed and now my time piece is the sun ...many no longer use a watch but rely on their smart phone!

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. I've not had a watch yet - I'm 31, now. I've no need of status symbol, though I've noticed there's a lot of derision towards watches as exactly that. Sad to see it, but I suppose I understand it.

Which Cartier model did you have?

Saving up for this one :love: Hamilton automatic 'American Classic'.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1

19. I Like Seeing a Nice Pretty Watch Any Day of The Week Viking! They Someting Classic or Old School About that Resonates With Me. Thats Why I Bought a Nice One for My Husband.

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. [​IMG]
    Tank Solo old school Eu3800 please , I can't sell to useful ...lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1