Watch Dogs anticipation thread

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Skywalker298, Jan 15, 2014.

1. #1 Skywalker298, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014
    This is probably the only game this year that I honestly cannot wait to play

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow1h0V40LD8[/youtube]

-Open world in Chicago

-Pretty much Full control over all electronics

-Possibly in the same Universe as Assassins Creed

-Possibly a modern day Assassin 
    DYNAMISM

<span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:arial;">The surface layer of the Disrupt engine is focused on what Guay describes as “dynamism,” or the simulation systems within the game: “In our city we simulate the way people drive cars. The electricity is simulated. The water is simulated. The wind is simulated. Everything reacts to everything. Making all those systems talk to one another is where you get branching reactions.”</span></span>

<span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:arial;"><span style="font-family:inherit;">[​IMG]</span></span></span>

Take the rain, for example. When the sky starts to open up, civilians will pull out umbrellas. The lights reflect off wet surfaces. We can see the wind shifting the direction of the rain and blowing debris around. Even leaves and trash on the ground will begin to appear damp and weighted down by moisture. These small but significant details lend an unparalleled level of immersion to Watch Dogs.
    <span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:arial;">Even the clothing comes to life in Watch Dogs. It boggles the mind to think about just how long was spent getting the simple act of <span style="font-family:inherit;">Aiden putting his hands in his pockets to look just right. The wind pulling at a passerby's clothing will cause them to tighten their jackets. “Everyone on the street should have clothing simulation,” Guay says. “We want to see it blow in the wind and move with them.”</span></span></span>

<span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:arial;"><span style="font-family:inherit;">[​IMG]</span></span></span>

<span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:arial;">These are merely the “details,” though. Something major like a car crash will create a widespread ripple effect. Civilians will get caught up in a traffic jam and start honking or even leave their cars to investigate. Others will be injured in the wreck. Onlookers will alert emergency response teams. It all combines to offer an unprecedented amount of realism in a videogame.</span></span>

IMPACT

<span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:arial;">As important as those details are, a game isn't made with raindrops and dynamically generated bullet holes alone. Also important are the ways in which a player can affect the entire city, primarily noticeable through its residents. While there's no simplistic back-and-white morality system in Watch Dogs, Aiden's actions will trigger reactions from the game's NPCs. We got the breakdown from Animation Director Colin Graham: “The reputation system isn't a good or evil meter. It's actually the perception people have of your actions. It completely affects how the city will react to you. If you run around just taking everybody out and killing tons of people, the citizens are going to think you're kind of a jerk and they're going to call the cops every time you do something wrong. You're going to get spotted by the media more.”</span></span>

<span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:arial;">In other words, should you choose to play the game in a more openly violent fashion – gun constantly in hand, killing indiscriminately in front of civilians – the people of Chicago will be more liable to turn on you. They will call the police when they see you, and your face will wind up on the news a lot more often. “We think it's much more empowering to the player if he feels like he has made an impact on the city,” Guay elaborates. “We want him to make his own decisions instead of us forcing decisions on him.”</span></span>

CONNECTIVITY

<span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:arial;">In Watch Dogs, you can go from being connected and online with other players to being fully disconnected – without affecting the world or changing the environment. That's no small feat, and this seamless connectivity is another key pillar of the Disrupt engine. “There's no loading or matchmaking or waiting for a game to start,” Guay says. “That means that every single thing in the game needed to be ready to be synchronized with the network. Every aspect of animation and physics and the AI needed to work online with other players.”</span></span>

<span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:arial;">But don't worry about thousands of stalkers, hackers and griefers ruining your day. When you're in your game, you won't see other players just running around wreaking havoc. That would diminish the immersion Disrupt works so hard to build. The only time another player will actually enter your world is when they accept a contract with your name on it. From there they can creep through your city streets, stalking you until they decide to strike. They will appear to you as any other Chicagoan, just like you would appear nondescript to them should you invade their game. There will never be two Aidens on the screen.</span></span>
    <span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:arial;">Though the engine is built with this connectivity in mind, it can be turned off for players who prefer to explore unhindered by any outside influences. The multiplayer will also be unavailable during story missions, so you don't need to worry about hackers while you're in the middle of an important moment. </span></span>

<span style="font-family:inherit;">[​IMG]</span>

FLEXIBILITY

<span style="font-family:arial;"><span style="font-size:medium;">We know not everyone will be rushing out to buy the new PS4 or Xbox One right away and that's totally okay. Enter the “fourth pillar” of Disrupt: The engine was built for next-gen, but it's flexible enough to allow owners of current-gen systems to still get an amazing experience. “We knew we would have next-gen hardware coming out before we ship,” Guay says. “But we started off knowing we wanted to support PS3 and Xbox 360.” The trick is in knowing how to scale things appropriately for both console generations. This allows designers to keep the overall experience the same. “On current-gen systems we may need to cut down the number of people on the street a little, but it's still the same game. You don't get the same sense of the crowd, but it allows us to scale certain bits and keep the same experience.”</span></span>
    <span style="font-family:arial;"><span style="font-size:medium;">Graham illuminates the graphical differences: “Players are going to know they aren't getting a bad experience if they play Watch Dogs for the current gen, but the next gen is the real HD experience. You can zoom in another level. You can have better shaders, better simulation on the wind or the water, more particles, better atmospherics… Basically anything you can get with more computing power.” </span></span>

<span style="font-family:arial;"><span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:inherit;">[​IMG]</span></span></span>

2. I'm jacked for this, gonna be such an epic game Sent from Divineknightsclan.com under a tree.

3. Yeah man everday I go to google and type in "watchdogs release date" Im gonna play the shit out of this game

4. [quote name="Skywalker298" post="19342431" timestamp="1389756408"]Yeah man everday I go to google and type in "watchdogs release date" Im gonna play the shit out of this game[/quote]It's for pc as well as ps4 right? Sent from Divineknightsclan.com under a tree.

5. Yeah its on all reoccuring consoles even gonna be on wii u

6. Probably gonna release around March-June hopefully

7. May 17th I think. I know it just got confirmed yesterday or something

Sent from Divineknightsclan.com under a tree.

8. Yeah May 27th I can't wait they apparently downgraded the graphics,but honestly I dont care as long as the gameplay is good and my shitty pc can run it lol.

9. I just hope it's finally up to par and actually runs smoothly. Looks like a pretty good game.

10. Yeah its gonna be like Hitman where as you have different options to do your missions,get to your objective like Dishonored had.

11. New Watchdog video looks cool....upped my anticipation for this game which dipped because of the delay. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkK0ZUXaly0

Looking forward to exploring Chicago as an open world setting, it will be a welcomed change from sunny Los Santos.

DYNAMISM

<span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:arial;">The surface layer of the Disrupt engine is focused on what Guay describes as “dynamism,” or the simulation systems within the game: “In our city we simulate the way people drive cars. The electricity is simulated. The water is simulated. The wind is simulated. Everything reacts to everything. Making all those systems talk to one another is where you get branching reactions.”</span></span>

Take the rain, for example. When the sky starts to open up, civilians will pull out umbrellas. The lights reflect off wet surfaces. We can see the wind shifting the direction of the rain and blowing debris around. Even leaves and trash on the ground will begin to appear damp and weighted down by moisture. These small but significant details lend an unparalleled level of immersion to Watch Dogs.
    <span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:arial;">Even the clothing comes to life in Watch Dogs. It boggles the mind to think about just how long was spent getting the simple act of <span style="font-family:inherit;">Aiden putting his hands in his pockets to look just right. The wind pulling at a passerby's clothing will cause them to tighten their jackets. “Everyone on the street should have clothing simulation,” Guay says. “We want to see it blow in the wind and move with them.”</span></span></span>

<span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:arial;">These are merely the “details,” though. Something major like a car crash will create a widespread ripple effect. Civilians will get caught up in a traffic jam and start honking or even leave their cars to investigate. Others will be injured in the wreck. Onlookers will alert emergency response teams. It all combines to offer an unprecedented amount of realism in a videogame.</span></span>

IMPACT

<span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:arial;">As important as those details are, a game isn't made with raindrops and dynamically generated bullet holes alone. Also important are the ways in which a player can affect the entire city, primarily noticeable through its residents. While there's no simplistic back-and-white morality system in Watch Dogs, Aiden's actions will trigger reactions from the game's NPCs. We got the breakdown from Animation Director Colin Graham: “The reputation system isn't a good or evil meter. It's actually the perception people have of your actions. It completely affects how the city will react to you. If you run around just taking everybody out and killing tons of people, the citizens are going to think you're kind of a jerk and they're going to call the cops every time you do something wrong. You're going to get spotted by the media more.”</span></span>

<span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:arial;">In other words, should you choose to play the game in a more openly violent fashion – gun constantly in hand, killing indiscriminately in front of civilians – the people of Chicago will be more liable to turn on you. They will call the police when they see you, and your face will wind up on the news a lot more often. “We think it's much more empowering to the player if he feels like he has made an impact on the city,” Guay elaborates. “We want him to make his own decisions instead of us forcing decisions on him.”</span></span>

CONNECTIVITY

<span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:arial;">In Watch Dogs, you can go from being connected and online with other players to being fully disconnected – without affecting the world or changing the environment. That's no small feat, and this seamless connectivity is another key pillar of the Disrupt engine. “There's no loading or matchmaking or waiting for a game to start,” Guay says. “That means that every single thing in the game needed to be ready to be synchronized with the network. Every aspect of animation and physics and the AI needed to work online with other players.”</span></span>

<span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:arial;">But don't worry about thousands of stalkers, hackers and griefers ruining your day. When you're in your game, you won't see other players just running around wreaking havoc. That would diminish the immersion Disrupt works so hard to build. The only time another player will actually enter your world is when they accept a contract with your name on it. From there they can creep through your city streets, stalking you until they decide to strike. They will appear to you as any other Chicagoan, just like you would appear nondescript to them should you invade their game. There will never be two Aidens on the screen.</span></span>
    <span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:arial;">Though the engine is built with this connectivity in mind, it can be turned off for players who prefer to explore unhindered by any outside influences. The multiplayer will also be unavailable during story missions, so you don't need to worry about hackers while you're in the middle of an important moment. </span></span>

<span style="font-family:inherit;">[​IMG]</span>

FLEXIBILITY

<span style="font-family:arial;"><span style="font-size:medium;">We know not everyone will be rushing out to buy the new PS4 or Xbox One right away and that's totally okay. Enter the “fourth pillar” of Disrupt: The engine was built for next-gen, but it's flexible enough to allow owners of current-gen systems to still get an amazing experience. “We knew we would have next-gen hardware coming out before we ship,” Guay says. “But we started off knowing we wanted to support PS3 and Xbox 360.” The trick is in knowing how to scale things appropriately for both console generations. This allows designers to keep the overall experience the same. “On current-gen systems we may need to cut down the number of people on the street a little, but it's still the same game. You don't get the same sense of the crowd, but it allows us to scale certain bits and keep the same experience.”</span></span>
    <span style="font-family:arial;"><span style="font-size:medium;">Graham illuminates the graphical differences: “Players are going to know they aren't getting a bad experience if they play Watch Dogs for the current gen, but the next gen is the real HD experience. You can zoom in another level. You can have better shaders, better simulation on the wind or the water, more particles, better atmospherics… Basically anything you can get with more computing power.” </span></span>

<span style="font-family:arial;"><span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:inherit;">[​IMG]</span></span></span>

13. It really looks like Chicago... Wonder if it has the museums and the big Bean.. Would be so dope

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

14. I'm guessing it will. Any historical buildings or land marks will be in game.

15. Been followin since it was announced, can't wait. Honestly, I love Ubisoft.

16. #16 flashrobin, Mar 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2014
    Lets hope they dont milk it like Assassins Creed

17. I enjoyed all the ones I played. 1, 2, 3 and I plan on gettin 4.

18. As a fan the stories in the games are interesting, but they really never innovate as much as they did in AC .But I'd prefer them to end but on the other hand I'd like to see it in Japan before it ends

19. Feudal Japan is my most wanted location. Honestly though, the first one was my favorite, the whole atmosphere and the fact it blew my mind when it first came out it was so amazing. And Altair is a fuckin badass, my favorite assassin. Fuck Ezio, never got why everyone loved him so much.

20. I've never been to Chicago before so im interesting to see what this will be like, but if im correct Chicago has a high crime rate I would if that will transcend into the game