Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Wasting Syndrome

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Deleted member 476945, Aug 1, 2012.

1. I know cannabis helps with wasting syndrome by increasing your appetite so I'm going to ask my doctor about applying for a medical marijuana permit. My left lung has collapsed twice before so I don't want to risk smoking, my only options would be edibles or tinctures.

I'm on a limited budget and I'll need a daily dose. On the bright side, I have a low tolerance. I need to know roughly how much I would need to keep me medicated.

Also, anyone out there that's gone through wasting syndrome?

2. Where are you located? I would say find a top notch dispensary that can really help you out with information and the right product.

I'd try and give you some information on the amount and stuff but to be honest I only know myself and I'm not sure what would be best for stimulating appetite while trying to keep tolerance down on a daily basis.

Hopefully granny or someone with some real information can help you out.

3. Ur going to need to be a little more descriptive about ur lifestyle/what u are willing to sacrifice for this medication. What I mean by that is, if u buy marijuana brownies from a dispensary and keep urself constantly medicated that way....idk how well u would be able to function in life lol...thats heavy shit. Vaporization requires inhalation, but I wonder if tiny pulls of vapor (say intaking 5% vapor and 95% oxygen) would be dangerous for u. If not, then that is definitely better than constantly medicating with edibles. I personally know nothing about tinctures, cant help u.

4. Tinctures Would probably be a good option for you Unfortunately it tastes like Grain alcohol and in small doses can still occasionally be extremely powerful, I would discuss it further with your dispensary. I have had tinctures from the dispensary before they are very effective at getting your self medicated unfortunately I accidentally took too many drops and it was a little more than I bargained for after they all finally kicked in. Still super enjoyable though

5. You can make your own tincture and flavor it as wanted. WildWill has a good glycerin tincture write up in the edibles section if that's something of interest to you

6. [quote name='"Streetsaint"']Ur going to need to be a little more descriptive about ur lifestyle/what u are willing to sacrifice for this medication. What I mean by that is, if u buy marijuana brownies from a dispensary and keep urself constantly medicated that way....idk how well u would be able to function in life lol...thats heavy shit. Vaporization requires inhalation, but I wonder if tiny pulls of vapor (say intaking 5% vapor and 95% oxygen) would be dangerous for u. If not, then that is definitely better than constantly medicating with edibles. I personally know nothing about tinctures, cant help u.[/quote]

Vapor bags or forced air vaping with a whip are options people with severe respiratory issues because they require little to no effort to inhale