Washington Voters - NO on I-502

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Husky42, Nov 22, 2011.

1. The key word is "active" THC, not "metabolites" of THC. The drug test one takes for exmployment, etc measures metabolites (i.e. THC-COOH). There's plenty to read up on if you care to google.

2. Those were just questions.

I was hoping someone would give some helpful feedback.

3. You won't have your blood checked if you don't appear to be stoned...and also, what xdog said.

aslo, I said it's my biggest problem with this thread, not with the measure

4. These are lies. It could be incompetence I suppose... Sarich has proven himself a shoddy legal analyst, and continues to do so through the filing of wasteful, frivolous lawsuits. http://www.nwbud.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Order-Denying-Sarich-Motions-August-2011.pdf

I-502 does remove penalties. Just read the bill. Here, I'll save you the trouble. In the section of the law following the penalties for manufacture, delivery, and possession (RCW 69.50.401), I-502 adds the line: "The production, manufacture, processing, packaging, delivery, distribution, sale, or possession of marijuana in compliance with the terms set forth in section 15, 16, or 17 of this act shall not constitute a violation of this section, this chapter, or any other provision of state law" (p. 27).

As for "new prohibitions", there is nothing in I-502 that prohibits anything that isn't already prohibited. One isn't allowed to drive high now, whether one has a medical card or not. The courts are prosecuting people for DUI now for weed smoked days ago because they make no distinction between active THC and latent THC the way I-502 requires. Right now it's zero tolerance. I-502 makes things better, not worse.

Sarich is also wrong (or trying to mislead people) about this law "superceding" the medical marijuana laws. They are in seperate sections of code and in no way contradict one another. A medical patient who is 21 or over will now have the option of going to a regulated retail store or to continue their current arrangement with a collective garden or designated provider. It gives them (and all of us) more legal protection than we have under current law. It will actually make marijuana legal rather than just giving an "affirmative defense" after being arrested and hauled into court.

The opposition to I-502 has been miring people in misinformation and conspiracy theories from the very beginning. It's time to start pushing back on this propoganda.

5. Cops would check your blood not your urine. It only stays in your blood for 2-3 hours after smoking and chances are its not going to be over 5ng. I think you're in idiot if you smoke weed yet vote no to legalize it. Its a state law, its bound to change when or if the federal law changes. The only way to make that happen is to legalize it at a state level. Don't be an idiot and vote no, get it legalized at the state level and then people will see the 5ng in your blood stream is a horrible way to define a DUID.

6. In AZ laws similar to this has fucked many many stoners over with DUI charges. My friend crashed his bike and the cops demanded a Pisa test. He hadn't smoked in like 2 weeks thinking he'd be good but instead he got 30 days in tent city.

Still vote yes for it though. We need to show the rest of America that we want legal cannabis!

7. That is for Oregon Not Washington! we are allowed 15 at any stage of growth!

Again i dont think there going to let people even with medical cards grow after they pass I-502 there is just no wording I can find that states it.Can anyone?

8. OK.....let's cut to the quick here, because, quite frankly, you're selling bullshit and telling everyone it's steak. This tells me that you're working for NAW....only they would make this ridiculous argument. (and have repeatedly)

The section you quote is Section 19 that ONLY allows for a very specific exemption from the provisions of law ((RCW 69.50.401) that allows for "The production, manufacture, processing, packaging, delivery, distribution, sale, or possession of marijuana in compliance with the terms set forth in section 15, 16, or 17 of this act shall not constitute a violation of this section, this chapter, or any other provision of state law".

Section 15, 16 and 17 require that you MUST be licensed by the State Liquor Control Board, and follow all of their (yet to be determined rules) to claim this exemption. If you are a patient, or a private citizen, all the same criminal penalties are still, absolutely and completely, in effect. Like I said....it doesn't REMOVE RCW 69.50.401.

If you are caught with marijuana that was not legally produced, legally packaged and legally sold by one of these state licensed entities, you are still guilty under RCW 69.50.401. If I'm incorrect....SHOW ME WHERE!

So please show me where it says that patients, ANYWHERE in I-502, have an exemption from the requirements of RCW 69.50.401. Show me where a "collective garden" has an exemption for growing. NO MORE BULLSHIT.....just SHOW US!

So let's deal with this one first and show us where patients have protection from RCW 69.50.401 and then I'll tear your argument up on the DUID provisions.

Steve Sarich
    Spokesman
    NO On I-502 Committee

9. I want to see this pass just to see what would happen. Call it a noble or social experiment if you must.

Right now, no one knows if it will really make thing much better or any worse.

Once it passes we can learn from it. But it if it never passes we'll never know what could've been and prohibition will just continue like it always has.

Alot of prohibitionist don't want this experiment to see the light of day because they're terrified it might just be a powerful catalyst for nationwide legalization.

10. I've been a medical marijuana patient and activist for at least ten years....hardly a "prohibitionist".

With all due respect, do your frigging social experimentation on someone else besides patients. We patients are officially opting out of your "noble experiment" on how we may suffer in the future from your uninformed and experimental decisions regarding our lives.

I don't know what it feels like to douse myself with gasoline, and letting the cops strike a match, but I don't plan on letting you try that on me so you can see how that experiment turns out...."much better or much worse".

PLEASE....if you want to gamble YOUR life, and it doesn't effect me....GOD BLESS YOU! If you want to experiment with my health and the freedom of medical cannabis patients to grow their own medication....SCREW YOU! You don't have that right!

You really aren't the "Messiah".

11. Can you tell me what planet you're from or which law you're quoting from? I-502 has only 41 sections and you're quoting section 65!

12. This should be brought to peoples' attention. This seems to be the most controversial part of the argument and if the facts are right it gets rid of a lot of doubt.

Personally I think that any conspiracy theory of the government out to get people who smoke pot isn't thought out very well. How would the government benefit from putting MORE people in jail when it's supposedly already bad that we have innocent users taking up space and money in the same jails? People would lose their jobs and the circulation of revenue would slow down in the state of Washington if you want to get long term. I highly doubt that this is any kind of sceme made up by the government, police force, or any other typical group who is normally seen as "out to get" marijuana users.

13. the version I found online only had 37. And section 30 clearly states "NEW SECTION" so it's possible that new sections are added onto the initiative when they are needed. http://www.theweedblog.com/washington-state-marijuana-legalization-initiative-text/

14. Actually the voters do have that right.:wave:

15. Yeah I know I'm not the Messiah which is why the second half of my name is decoy.

You really think if this initiative fails you'll be in a better position to fight crackdowns from the state and federal government?

If the public votes it down the entire country will see one of the most liberal states as anti-cannabis and politicians nationally will see it as a sign that the legalization movement is a sinking ship.

Conversely if a couple states legalize cannabis for the first time it will ignite serious debate about federal drug laws for at least the next 2 or 3 years and force America to see how ridiculous it is to ban cannabis.

If it doesn't pass Oregon MMJ users may get a few more bong hits before a federal crackdown stomps out the dispensaries completely.

Legalize ASAP.

16. #36 buylow8863, Jul 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2012
    I'll let you know what planet when it gets discovered.

As it turns out it was 1550 that was linked in this thread and I
    read the hell out of it thinking it was 501. My apologies.

17. We have medical cannabis in 17 states, along with the District of Columbia, where the Feds work every day. We've had medical cannabis in Washington for nearly 15 years and in California for nearly 17 years. I think we have their attention by now and it certainly hasn't forced them "to see how ridiculous it is to ban cannabis".

Colorado and Oregon both have a better chance of passing bills "legalizing" cannabis this year. Colorado is now over sixty percent in their polling and it doesn't contain the heinous per se DUID provision that is being pushed by the Federal Drug Czar that NAW included in I-502.

If Colorado passes, you'll get your wish....your "noble experiment". But don't be surprised when you find that the Feds crack down even harder. The more states that have adopted medical cannabis, the more the Feds have gone on the offensive. "Legalization", the way NAW is approaching it, will really put a burr under their saddle. They will file suit the day after it passes and they will be able to successfully prevent its implementation because of the way it was written. You'll be left with NO ONE growing legally, a heinous DUID law, and you'll have set back medical cannabis 15 years in the state of Washington. The only winners? The black market growers and dealers whose profits will skyrocket and the law enforcement agencis that will be going after them, and the consumers who buy from them.

There is ONLY ONE WAY TO LEGALIZE! STATES must REMOVE all laws prohibiting marijuana that are currently on their books and UNSCHEDULE it in each individual state! The Feds CANNOT legally stop that under current law. States have the legal right to do that under Title 21 of the US Code, Section 903.

At that point, the Feds will have to concede defeat in the war on cannabis. Without local law enforcement working for them, enforcing state pot laws and throwing us in state prisons, there aren't ever going to be enough federal agents to arrest every cannabis grower and consumer in America. And if they did, where would them put them? They can't use the state prisons....it would no longer be a state crime.

This is how you win the battle....not what's being proposed by I-502. You don't even need an "experiment" to prove it. If you want to actually LEGALIZE cannabis, you can actually do it. Screw NAW, screw all their taxes, screw their DUID and screw their entire 68 page law....and screw the liquor control board! All we need to do is remove the state laws banning marijuana, not add new ones.

You don't "free the plant" by turning total control of it over to the state liquor control board. Sorry....that's just really a ridiculous concept. Look how many decades it took us to get them out of the liquor business. Look at the insane taxes on liquor and then just imagine what they'll do with cannabis.

If you think that those of us who are opposing I-502 are actually prohibitionists, you just aren't paying attention. We are patients, first and foremost, and removing ALL criminal penalties on our medication from the state law would be the best thing that could ever happen to us. I-502 just puts us in far more danger than we already face.

18. #38 buylow8863, Jul 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2012
    Spoken like a true prohibitionist.

BULLSHIT.
    BULLSHIT.
    BULLSHIT.

Nothing is perfect, including your BULLSHIT logic.
    Fear of a "harder" federal crackdown as a reason to vote NO?
    BULLSHIT.

Conflict is inevitable. Imperfect law is inevitable.

Any way you slice it, I-502 passing would be a huge step forward, period.

Steve, in case you weren't paying attention, I said your post was BULLSHIT.
    Have a nice day :wave:.

19. this really is a tough one... with a state run distribution it would create many jobs and begin building into the economy in a way that could extend to hemp cultivation, the potential seems tremendous there. On the other hand the DUI part seems draconian, a way for them to commit wide scale human rights abuses ($1500 fines for smoking weed) in a manner that has not been seen for decades. Tough issue and I feel like increasing the conversation about it is a benefit to all whom are concerned.

20. Your So Full Of It.Anyone with half a brain cell left can clearly see you are backing up oppion construed through lies just because you Ignorantly believe it's gonna get you what you want.It clearly states you have to be licensed by the state liquor controll board!

What u didnt think some old geezer would look up Your Lies and bring it back here?

Did you even read section 65 for yourself with your own eyes YOU Blatherskite! YOU NEED A STATE SACTIONED LICENSE.