Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Washington State, USA Medical Marijuana Patient in London, UK

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Ze cross jointa, Mar 19, 2014.

1. #1 Ze cross jointa, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2014
    whatsup my fellow Grasscity patrons 

I'm a Washington State medical cannabis patient currently spending some time in London on the West End. I have all of my paperwork with me, and it is actually LEGAL for my to carry medical cannabis within the UK for medicinal purposes. 

[SIZE=13.333333969116211px]"[/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333969116211px]residents prescribed medical products containing cannabis are permitted to be in possession of cannabis whilst freely travelling throughout the United Kingdom. Although it is possible to use all kinds of cannabis for medicinal purposes, some are more appropriate for specific conditions than others.[/SIZE]<sup>[8]</sup>[SIZE=13.333333969116211px]However, this does not apply to UK-resident patients, who may not travel to the UK in possession of medicinal cannabis even if they managed to acquire a prescription in a country where it is legal.[/SIZE]<sup>[9]"</sup>

Taken from:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_in_the_United_Kingdom

If you are a resident on London and wouldn't mind meeting up for an afternoon, I'd love to hang out! 

Thanks so much,
    ZCJ

uh..mmj is not a "prescription" drug in the USA, anywhere...as far as I am aware...(did something change?)

I would be leery of it but lets see how this goes.

report back with some comments from the local cops on the subject...maybe a local lawyers spin on how the law is worded in the uk (that thing that mmj is recommended in the USA, not prescribed...could be a technicality there)

3. That's for EU residents only buddy

4. Yeah, I just saw that. It doesn't mention anything about US residents, just says UK residents can't use a prescription they've gotten elsewhere. cball also made a good point. I don't technically have a prescription, but rather a rec from a doctor back home that allows me access to medical marijuana in Washington State. It's a technicality. 

5. The law applies to EU patients because Britain is in the EU. The US is not, so no matter whether you call it a prescription or a recommendation it doesn't apply to you

6. the UK is NOT apart of the EU.

7. Yeah it is it has been since 1973