Washington state i502 marijuana legalization

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by mppaintball, Nov 7, 2012.

1. With about half the ballots in, Washington's initiative i502 to legalize marijuana for recreational use is at about 56% approval at the moment. What are your opinions on this?

2. why not zoidberg

3. Glad that the WA votes went out and made the right choice. Legalization doesn't just open things up for smokers but think of the future of the Hemp industry. In a state where tons of timber is cut think of all the hemp applications that will start to cut our dependance on timber for paper products and all the other hemp uses

4. Pretty sure this is going to cause a "chain reaction" with the time...

5. I think this is great hope this gets the ball rolling and get other staes to convert .:hello::smoking:

6. That's awesome, more states need to follow Washington

7. More states will likely follow. I can see it now, a few months after the ballot passed politicians in other states will say "Wait, your telling me there has been NO increase in the state rates of murder, child molestation, or theft since Colorado and Washington legalized recreational cannibis?!?!?!"

8. Lol americas ecconomy must be completly fucked, if theyre legalizing weed.

9. [quote name='"MCMHH"']Pretty sure this is going to cause a "chain reaction" with the time...[/quote]

Im pretty sure the feds are crying and eating shit right out their draws..
    But they will come back all the harder with a diamond claw and phallus fist prepared to sodomize any offenders with thier fists and it will be bad

10. Oh yeah, BC is already pushing for legalization now that WA legalized.

I hope Oregon will be next.

11. So if it's legal does that mean cops are alowed to smoke weed?

12. [quote name='"Johnnyganja"']So if it's legal does that mean cops are alowed to smoke weed?[/quote]

Good question...
    Nvm not workplace can they after

13. everyone is talking about it MAYBE being legal in Washington State. It's officially legal in Colorado now, how bout the apples?

14. Every single news source is calling I-502 a pass, they wouldn't be doing that if there was still any chance it would fail.

I can't find an update on how many votes have been counted, but it was at over 50% when I went to bed last night.

Washington and Colorado are both a pass. Oregon is a fail. :(

15. This means they are going to tax it right?

16. Well yeah.

It doesn't mean ounces will cost the normal price plus tax, it just means that what your paying for weed is primarily a tax that goes to the government.

17. i don't know how legalized weed is ment to work in the US. You guys got roadside drug tests right? And it's illegal to drive under the influence of drugs and alcahol, and weed stays in your system for longer then anyone other drug. Your country could be layback about it i just know that if weeds legalized in australia you probably wouldnt be able to drive a car legally if you smoke cause our road laws are so strict...

18. Has anyone heard about the 40% tax or is that just a rumor?

19. [quote name='"Big Sexy"']Has anyone heard about the 40% tax or is that just a rumor?[/quote]

It is not a rumor. They are taxing 25% from the grower 25% from the distribution stores and 25% from the end customer

20. [quote name='"Big Sexy"']Has anyone heard about the 40% tax or is that just a rumor?[/quote]

I am fairly certain it's a 25% tax, but from my understanding that is a 25% tax on the grower + another 25% tax on the wholesaler and another 25% on the supplier. Someone please correct me if that is wrong.
    :smoke: