Washington HB 2149 is moving forward. What are we doing about it?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by FarmerJames, Jan 28, 2014.

1. #41 Dingus, Feb 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2014
    yes! Here in seattle there was a significant portion of medical users against i502 because they were worried something like this would happen. I disagreed with them thinking any step forward is good and voted for 502.

So some spokesperson for 502 addressed specifically this chunk and said 502 wouldn't mess with 69.51 but here we are. Pretty sure it was Allison Holcomb. hb 2149 is honestly two steps backwards. Cuz our politicians are corrupt jerk offs.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I'm glad I saw this coming and gave it the no. I also wrote in Ron Paul for potus unfortunately that one didn't work out so well.

I will jump through the hoops and I'll be on the damn registry too....I don't want to be but what other choice do I have? This is literally the only thing that has ever helped my ulcerative colitis. It's either cannabis or get my colon removed. I don't want to sound dramatic but that's really what it is. 

I think that's what they're trying to do with this bill, separate the really sick people from people trying to work the system. People that really need the stuff are still going to get their recommendations regardless of the registry. 

That being said, I personally believe that everybody should have the right to use/grow this medicine without being in a registry. I don't think you should be required to have a serious medical condition to get a recommendation. Tylenol kills more people every year than cannabis...if you have chronic pain you should be able to choose cannabis over tylenol. Just my two cents.

4. #44 Kronny, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2014
    I hear ya man but you can do something about it. Go to the public hearing {Feb. 27} have your voice heard. Let them know you will not be able to afford your medicine ie paying hundreds for an oz or growing your own for dollars on the oz. I will also be able to keep my recommendation but does anyone really want to have to go to the DR. every few months to prove you still need it or have tried every other new medication that has come out. I truly think they care not how many people have recommendations but rather would like to funnel the money into their pockets as opposed to allowing people to provide their own medicine.

Also unless you grow your own meds it will only change the amount you can possess. You would still be able to buy an oz at a time is all I'm saying. So unless you are using more than an oz a day it shouldn't effect your colitis. Don't take it as a jab. No one should have to register for something that is now legal, wtf.

5. they want to keep medicine as some illusive event that only the highest of the high know anything about thereby justifying the costs associated with it.  it is obvious at this time and place people are willing to pay anything to keep their health and to most people money equals health- the more money you have the better health care etc...and medicine as we now know it is set up to take full advantage of the sick needy people who do not know their medicine can grow right outside their front door. another crazy thing is they are approaching medicine like we are robots with synthetic everything. a lot can be said about the benefits of naturopathic medicine and the connection between man's medicine and their subsequent healing thereof.

6. It is really refreshing to see that people understand what is going on. I also believe that there is some pride that goes along with providing your own medicine. Cheers man

7. #47 Galaxy420, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2014
    shit man everyone would be doctors giving everyone they know their homegrown meds. Like- look what I grew this stuff will be healing up all kinds of issues uh huh. people will be like -  What! this stuff be growing from the dirt what! whoduh thunk it that the medicine just sprouted up what! onto a healthy way of being aint to bad and all that...

Agreed 100%. I've been contacting my reps and doing all I can lately but I'm also a full time student with a heavy load at the moment...I have classes all day on the 27th otherwise I would be there for sure. 

and I do grow my own meds...so it's changing a lot for me. I can make things work with the new limits but it will be a real chore. I have a feeling that there will still be loopholes and a majority of the people will be able to get 15 plants 8 ounces...but still. It's bs

9. Attention all WA patients

I just got word from a reputable source that HB 2149 was pulled from the Senate Healthcare Committee earlier today....if that's true, then the bill is dead. 

Hopefully that's the case. I don't want to get too excited yet but this is really promising news 

10. I'm with you. Hopeful but don't want to celebrate prematurely.

Don't stop writing and calling your Rep's.

11. Yeah it was on the docket for awhile but i haven't seen it on their for a few days. I checked again last night but still not on there? I can only hope our letters got to somebody that was paying attention. I am hoping they don't try to slip it past. I was looking at a few other bills that were read at an earlier time than posted {they weren't mj related} so I hope the same thing doesn't happen to this one.

12. Why don't they just open the mmm dispensaries to everyone?

That would make way, way too much sense.

14. Because then you wouldn't have to pay for all your liscensing fees, give up 25% to taxes and you would be able to be a grower, processor and a retailer. Can't have that gotta separate them so they can get ya at every level.

We need a reasonable alternative to HB 2149 or none at all

HB 2233 looks pretty descent but once again it would make way too much sense :confused_2:

15. Because dispensaries are not licensed by the state and are technically illegal
    Because that's not what the people voted for
    Because they can't get away with a three-level tax system with dispensaries
    Because the feds want the so-called "medical" industry mess cleaned up
    Because many dispensaries are improperly zoned
    Because many dispensaries have been busted selling weed and other substances out the back door
    Because many dispensary owners likely couldn't cope with a regulated system
    Because big money talks
    Because without a self cultivation allowance, the state has been given a license to steal

16. HB 2233 was sponsored by Rep Appleton. For some reason she stopped pushing her own bill and voted FOR HB 2149.

SHAME ON HER!!

17. Reading the bill in full made me sick. who the hell do they think they are?

Psychopathic  authoritarians is the proper term for thees assholes.

Correct and direct. I can't argue.....

19. They passed SB5887. Grab your ankles everyone!!

They did pass it, but it's a hell of a lot better than 2149. It's still bullshit, but the people that genuinely need cannabis will still be able to get their recommendation. The registry will be under a randomized number and it will be a class C felony to illegally access the database. Plus I've heard that there are people working behind the scenes to get the registry completely eliminated.

They changed it from 3 flowering plants and 3 ounces to 6 total plants (or up to 15 if your provider recommends it) and as much medicine as those plants can reasonably provide...So theoretically these limits could be even less restricting. You can get well over 24 ounces from 15 flowering plants.

There are still going to be changes made...who knows where this is going. But it's not the end of the world. I have a feeling that people over overreacting about this. Remember when the first draft recommendations came out? It's getting more and more lenient as time goes on. Just my two cents