washing machine :)

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by ellz, Dec 27, 2010.

1. what up blades. so i have a non-working washing machine, today i gutted it. area inside 25x27x35''. should be interesting for my CFL grow. the white metal is awesome for reflecting so this may just work. it will be accessible through the rear panel. going to caulk all the edges for light proofing. anyone else ever tried this style of grow box? gonna grow some Tide haha

2. You sir are smart.
    That is an awesome idea.

3. thanks! working on my light fixture now. fun times.

4. only have one cfl at the moment set up in there, and a fan. just started my seeds so i have a lil time to get some more fixtures fabricated. i will post some pics here later. working like a charm right now, a little cool at 60dgrs but its damn cold outside. maybe i will add a heat lamp from my hermit crab tank. they r inside so they'll be aight. i think i will have 1-2 plants here. no more buying from drug dealers for me. ive been ripped off too many times. hhhhhere we go!

5. Neat idea. I assume it's a top-loader and you will seal that down as well?

I've seen several folks try to grow in old refrigerators but never a washing machine. Similar in some respects, you'll have to cut some holes for ventilation and such which could be tricky because you are dealing with at least one layer of metal, some insulation, and possibly a porcelain lining.

6. here is a couple preliminary pics.

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      75.5 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      260.1 KB
      Views:

7. it is a top loader. i have my light fixture secured to the underside of the lid. i will probably not seal the lid down though.

8. if your light rig is does not weigh that much... you could use magnets to move the lights all over the place...

cool idea

i just sold a washer and dryer... wish i hadn't

9. Cool idea. subbed

10. yea i could use magnets hmmmm. so many ideas for this one. i will take some more pics later because i have the design almost completed. started germinating seeds. so far so good. i told my girlfriend i was gonna do this and she said no, so im doing it. bwahaha.:devious:
    we have almost thrown this washer out many many times, i was thinking about doing this all along, but man, it was WAY easier to get set up than i could have imagined. if any of you blades get ahold of one of these machines, trust me, its sweeeet.

11. What are you doing for ventilation?