Was this waitress being a bitch?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Taylored, Dec 1, 2011.

1. she was a bitch. Tips are complete BS anyways. It is not my problem THEY chose to work there for that wage.

2. Yeah, except most waitresses aren't that humble to realize that they did something wrong. Trust me, I've worked in a restaurant for 5 years, and most of the servers that I've met are all two-faced bitches. They're all nice to your face when they are serving you, but the second they come back to the kitchen... you don't even want to hear the shit they talk about you. I've met girls that will complain about 90% of the tables they get. So if you leave a 3 cent tip, they only message you are going to give the waitress is that you're a cheap asshole.

Tipping is such bullshit to me. It's exactly like that video that someone posted. Why the hell should I give you extra money for DOING YOUR JOB?? I'm busting my ass for 10 hours a day in a hot ass kitchen, making YOUR food, getting YOUR special requests. Where the hell is MY tip? I don't get one because I'm doing my job. Don't get me wrong, serving isn't an easy job. You need to remember a bunch of shit, you need to be moving all the time, and you need to listen to people complain about dumb shit all day to you, but that's why I don't serve. You shouldn't rely on other peoples money because your job is "hard". It's a shame that they do get paid an extremely low amount, which is one of the only reasons I'm going to tip if I go to a restaurant anyways.

3. No, she wasn't being a bitch. She just wasn't doing her job well and didn't deserve a tip.

4. You should have wrote on paper( if there was paper and pen around)

TIP: next time ask me if my meal was good and for a refill, and you'll get a money tip not an advice tip

5. If u ordered it from her thn yeah but since u probably asked in the front i want 2 slices then. At pizza places you dont tip not for slices.

6. Yeah, maybe not a bitch but just having a bad day..we all have them and I bet she didn't mean it (hopefully)

Haha I guess I am one of the few who has never had a bad restaurant experience - I've always been lucky enough to have great service, good food, and excellent waiters/waitresses.

7. #47 Springs131, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2011
    With her asking you to move to another booth is to me, STIFF FOR SURE. You don't tell me I need to move. It's not like you were taking up a table for 6 or 8, it was 4, which to me if it's not busy, should it matter?

She was selfish.

Any server that asks for you to move where you are comfortable is being an UNCARING person.

As far as the refill thing goes, I agree that a server SHOULD offer you more drink, but it's not rude, just not good service, more like mediocre service.

A server shouldn't just bring you a new one unless they find out what you want next. I have changed up, so has my husband. It's not a good idea for the server to ORDER for you. If you want that service, TELL your server so she or he won't bother to ask you each time. What if you don't want another of the same, they wasted YOUR time as well as theirs as well as EVERYONE ELSE'S time that they are serving? I have sent servers back with refills I didn't want before, for real.

One time, me and my husband didn't stiff, because the small restaurant didn't have hostess or host, it was the waitress or waiter you had that seated you was also your server, so maybe their manager tells them to try to seat the customers in the 2-seater tables. I like the 4 seater, because you have more room to put your condiments, drinks, plates, and just basically can move more without being squished. I did take off the tip though, because what she did was I asked her if we could sit at the 4-seater table and instead of just saying "Sure", she was telling us that we could sit in the 2-seater. I feel like if I can't sit where I want, you WON'T get my business. We got the 4-seater. We weren't going to be swayed. From now one, if I go there again, I will request a 4-seater table if they have one free where no one is sitting from the get go.

We tip very well when we get good service like 20%-25%-30%, even sometimes more, but a large majority of the times, servers are too LAZY and UNCARING to do the job correctly.

My husband and I once we were just going to get one drink(me a margarita that was over $7 and my husband ordered a water. It wasn't busy, no wait for a table. At the time, our state didn't have non-smoking in the entire restaurant. We aren't smokers and it's nice to not have smoke in your face. So I thought I was being thoughtful to tell the server right off the bat that we were just getting drinks, which he then was a total jerk saying "Do you want to sit a the bar?" What an UNCARING excuse for a human being? I just told him about that we didn't want to sit at the smoking area. See, I would LOVE to have said "NO, WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO TELL US WHERE TO SIT", but then we would have gotten spit in our drinks and would have probably never gotten our drinks. Then, he got someone else's refill of water BEFORE my husband's water and my margarita made it out BEFORE the glass of water. Needless to say we stiffed him. NEVER again did I tell the server before they even got our drinks that the times we have gotten just drinks.

He could have made $3 or $4 off of that and if my husband would have wanted to get refills, he would have gotten $5. Also, I may have ordered another drink if I would have been HAPPY, but NO, the waiter was an UNCARING, SELFISH JERK!!

To me, especially back then which this was in 2005, the prices were cheaper and that was the price of a burger with a glass of water. How is that ANY DIFFERENT and if anything, the burger would have been more work for the tip he would have gotten?

WHY do servers think that it's "THEIR" call to make where we sit? I can see if I was taking a table that sat 8 people with just myself or a couple taking a booth or table that sat 20, but not in any situations that we had or the OP had.

It's OUR CALL if they want OUR BUSINESS. If we can't be comfortable, WHY should I tip you?

Once, I had planned with my parents and my husband to go to a local restaurant that had some good beer my husband and dad liked as well as the food. The hostess and manager didn't let us sit at the bigger table. That truly makes me NEVER want to step foot in the restaurant again. I mean it was going to be a table that had 6, because we need more room than the last time we went where it was 4 kind of scrunched up. I still hated having to be almost a top the other person I am sitting next to without having some space. For example, some people drink water or a soft drink along with a bar drink. Then we have appetizers too, so it's like we needed the room. My parents too are much bigger than me or my husband so it's harder when you are eating with some overweight people too to have enough room. I didn't punish the server, because that was NOT the server's doing in that particular situation.

I would like to know WHY did you move? I would have told her that "I would like to sit here." If she would have said something else, I would have said that I would be getting a manager involved. There's NO WAY I would have a server tell me where to sit when it's not even busy even. That's just ridiculous. I bet this waitress NEVER hardly goes out to eat, because if she did, she probably wouldn't have that attitude, of course maybe she would, because just because she is just a selfish bitch.

8. If I ever gave service like that at my job, I wouldn't have my job anymore... Don't feel bad, there are people who stiff no matter how good the service is, you should go back in there, and tip on a to go order just to piss her off

9. #49 red and glazed, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2011
    no serve no tip end of story. took a trip to chicago. ate on the pier. the waiter was awful, gave us no napkins and it took forever!!. the check included 18% gratuity... fuck no. to top it all off the people i was got an even higher gratuity beacuse they had thier small child with them. we ditched. best $5 dollar beer and $15 italian beef with hot peppers, cheese and fries ever! I go out of my way to leave a good tip if the service is good. he was just horrible

10. Welcome to GC