Was This Uncalled For? Need Opinions

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by GreenRush, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Long story short I was going to go out with this girl from work, right before we go out, she got called into work because they were short. Anyway I'm all dressed and a little bit tipsy and I thought fuck it, I'm dressed I still want to go out. So I ended up asking a girl from my old work, we had been talking for a while and met up a couple times, nothing happened but she was fun.

So we arrive in town yada yada, head over to one of the bars, pretty quiet little place, but it's new and pretty cheap. Good place to hang out and talk. So I'm trying to engage in conversation and all this bitch does is sit on her phone the whole fucking time. I have no problem with checking your phone, it's 2014 it's a way of communication. But this bitch had been buggy me to take her out, so I did and she just sits there on her phone. She was answering with what seemed genuine replies but she never engaged in eye contact. I'm not old fashioned or anything, I'm only 20. But for the first time in my life I was disgusted by how rude this bitch was. So anyway we ordered drinks, nothing changed, so I sculled mine and then took hers and had hers and just got up and left and went home and got high as fuck.
    Woke up to so many abusive texts from her. Just made me laugh how shallow these bitches are.

So I did a little test last night, got on tinder, yeah I know right? What the fuck was I thinking.

So chatting up a girl yada yada

"let's meet at "..." bar"

"yeah sounds good"

We meet up and she does the same fucking thing. is it just a nervous thing? or are all girls in Australia just general rude cunts.

Fuck. This just pisses me off beyond belief.

Anyone experienced this before?

2. It's not an epidemic unique to Australia, and I don't tolerate it amongst my friends.

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop to look around once in a while, you could miss it," quote the great philosopher Bueller. I feel sad for people who are glued to their screens; they really are missing the most beautiful thing this world has to offer.

3. unfortunately that seems common enough here in the states...at least where i am. my lady does this as im speaking to her sometimes, and cant count not only the times ive had to repeat myself, but the amount of times ive gotten pissed off at her about it. as you said, its not that she cant check it or anything like that, but when its to the point where food gets cold because of it, ive gotta rewind movies, she ignores me for fucks sake, its really too much. and its not like a forum here on the cit where you read text and have conversations, discussions....it always ends up being just pictures of everything....and you just slide and slide and slide and slide....

im working myself up here so....

4. I thought it was common courtesy to pay attention to your date.?

You just need to befriend classier ladies.

5. Have you tried asking these young ladies to silence their phones during the date?  It seems possible that they don't realize how inconsiderate they are being.   I guess I am old-fashioned and if someone did that to me on a date I'd definitely say something about it and see if she can be human enough to silence or turn off the phone and interact with me.   

6. #6 lisamc, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
    Why do you refer to her as, "this bitch" so often? I don't know what you've really said because it's all I can see in your post.
    Oh and "cunts" oooooo! yeah I wonder why women treat you that way. -_-

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. it could be feeling shy or something. what's weird is that post-drinking they still kept at it.

i would've said something tho wtf 

8. Maybe they are shy and nervous and don't want to make eye contact, I for one dislike making eye contact. It's awkward sometimes lol. But I definitely wouldn't stare at my phone the entire time. Put your phone in the middle of the table next time maybe she'll do the same?

I don't know man fuck giving advice. Lol

9. maybe you just arent interesting, so they resort to the phone :laughing:

you shouldve said something to the first girl. previously knowing/hanging out before.
    obviously she didnt act like this the first time? point being, why would she be nervous
    i think eye contact is a sign of respect. it shows that youre paying attention, but i aint everyone.

maybe she thought it was okay? your way of going about the situation is questionable tbh

second girl. tinder. nough said

10. Next time it happens, text the girl and ask if she'd like a conversation where she doesn't have to use her fingers.
    She may text back "How".
    Tell her  drop the phone into your purse and look up. :smoke"

11. thats the youth of today's world. they live through their phone, tablet or computer. they dont know how to have real social interaction.

12. Why do you think I am with somebody twice my age? Most people in the early twenties and younger these days seem so obsessed with their cell-phones that I wish they'd just go ahead and become fucking androids. At least I won't have to sit around 3 hours and watch them process the useless information then.

13. #13 -Martyr, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
    Illogical. How you treat or refer to someone after the fact, has no immediate impact on how they treated you in the moment. That's just something women say to try and make this correlation that language or mannerisms sets a trend for the trim you bag. We don't have to bullshit, I know a bunch of women on this site probably aren't referring to their exes as "bae". If the guy wants to vent by referring to someone who spited him in a negative way, as human nature tends to dictate, I wouldn't chew his head off about it. He's not necessarily right with how he goes about it, but he's not wrong. Frustration from any kind of disappointment, especially when it comes to romance or intimacy of any nature, is not something you usually reference with fondness or conservative wordplay.

14. It seems as though she just wanted to be able to say that she went out in general. If she really cared about going out on a date with you or any guy, she would have prepared by silencing her phone, putting it away, and trying to attract and intrest you imo.

15. Okay. Since you said it I'll agree. :)
    And I'll one up you! "Fuck my ex she's a low life bitch! A cunt to the world! I'd rip her jugular out and shove it up her ass, if I could!"
    Wow! You're right! That felt great!
    Okay OP ignore me! I'm with ya, bro

16. <3

17. #17 GreenRush, Sep 25, 2014
    It's a pretty dog thing to do.

So I stand by my statement.

18. K

19. #19 Space Cat, Sep 25, 2014
    Ahaha I can totally see this. Probably made 10 posts on facebook, "omg at the bar" took a bunch of #selfies to put on instagram, then she was occupied the rest of the night checking her notifications. 

Hey I'm 20 and I still have social skills. I have a phone obviously but I'll still walk into my favorite pub, sit at the bar and bullshit with people I know or even total strangers. I would feel awkward as fuck sitting at a table just looking at my phone all the time.