Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

was this okay to say to a dealer?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by x8rUn0x, Mar 30, 2010.

1. instead of asking for specifics in what i wanted i just asked him for $50 worth. Do you think this was a bad idea and that i should have been more specific? I feel like i may have set myself up to be scammed :(

i've bought from him once before (my last pickup but now im out) and we were good friends until we switched classes.

2. I would suggest instead of asking for 50 dollars worth, instead ask him his prices on a 1/4 and 1/2 ounce. A fourth ounce should be around 35-45. So unless you have a scale, and you see that you're getting like 8.5-9 grams for 50 bucks, I recommend just buying a certain weight for a certain price.

Oh and BTW try to save up and just buy by the ounce. It's so much easier. :smoke:

3. if its a new dealer id never let him know how much money you had or are willing to spend. like dont tell him how much you make or how much you carry on you or anything like that. ask for what hes got and the prices (i usually get the per gram price, makes the math easy) and then tell him how much you want.

4. Maki, where are you from? I used to buy an 1/8th for what you're saying a 1/4th goes for. So a gram costs you something like 5-7 bucks?

I'm not saying you're lying or anything, I'm just jealous and don't have a connect atm. :(

5. follow this guys advice if you are looking for dirt. otherwise, expect to pay at least 70 a QUARTER (fourth ounce?? lol). Beware the brown color and slightly 'minty' scent.

Unless your dealer is shady as hell, asking for a dollar amount isnt going to be a big deal. Most dealers (despite what you've heard) have enough schooling to do some pretty basic math and wont intentionally screw you. All in all, id say you have nothing to worry about.... unless you have 9 grams in your bag, then your in for a night full of headaches. lol :smoke:

6. damn, 35-45 for a quarter? Around here a quarter of anything decent is above $80. It's so expensive :(

7. #7 Makizushi, Mar 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2010
    I smoke mids, bite me. And a fourth ounce is 1/4th ounce/quarter. Who cares what I called it.

-Blackjello; Keep in mind that people live in different parts of the world than you. You might have to spend 70 bucks for a quarter, but we're cooler than you down in the south and we do it for less.

- Lenymo; I get an ounce of good mids for 120, so a fourth of that would be 40. Although I might be able to get the fourth for 35 with some haggle skills. I live in South Carolina btw if that counts for anything.

8. #8 blackjello, Mar 30, 2010
    i know what you meant man, you just used really strange terminology. Asking the wrong dude for a 'fourth ounce' will get you shot. Either way, the headaches will run rampant. :p

..... and smoking mids is not something to be proud of, in the north we know the difference between smokable and ditch weed, so i guess we are cooler than you. so you should edit that, honey buns. lol next you will try to tell me its cool to drink natty ice cuz its cheaper than actual drinkable beer.

9. where I come from its not uncommon to find a gram for almost dirt ... a gram of mids is $1.50 around in US currency

10. #10 stoned stoner, Mar 30, 2010
    I also smoke mids most of the time I just enjoy the act of smoking and would rather have more as long as it's good mids and around here it's 40-50 a quarter and ounces are 120.

A quarter of 120 is 30 but you do have to take into account that the dealer has to make money too even if he gets it for less than 120 an ounce.

No I would never ask a dealer for $50 worth of something that's asking to get ripped off instead ask how much he will give you for $50 and decide for yourself if it's worth it or not. I know if I was the dealer and someone asked me for $50 worth of weed I would think that they were a newbie and wouldn't know if i took a gram or 2 out.

11. Maybe they sell it cheap over there in south carolina, but personally if I saw dank for 35 a quarter I'd steer clear of it, as it most likely is some hick-farmed, backwoods poop-weed.

Cali has the best green anyway :cool:

12. California coast: 10$= half gram
    20$=1 gram
    25$=half eighth
    50$=Eighth
    100$= a quarter of dank cuz thats all we smoke
    the more south you go the shittier the weed in my opinion...
    and as far as the question goes i used to wonder that all the time i think its better to ask for weight and prices it just makes it easier like i just say 'I NEED AN EIGTH'

13. i live in the south too and I have never met any respectable marijuana smoker who would even consider smoking mid grade herbs. Its crap. You are not cool for smoking mids and paying less for your crapy brown weed that has barely any THC and is usually sold originally by cartells and then gets passed down to sketchy "ghetto" dealers who are generally gang related and sell other drugs like crack and heroin. Mids are for people who apparently would rather smoke "buds" that give them headaches and dont get them high so they can look cool while smoking and not have to pay a lot to do it. Mids are for little highschool pukes who want to smoke weed but cant justify spending an extra five to ten bucks a gram to get actual weed. And i dont want any one to tell me that they smoke mids because they cant afford it. I am a poor 20 year old college kid and i pay for all my own shit i am completly self supportive and i smoke dank all day. I think ppl of grass city and the smoking community should shun those that smoke the mids.. ONLY high grade buds should be accepted. if everyone would just stop buying shit mids from sketchy "ghetto" dealers the dealers would be out of business and be forced to get good weed in which the market demands or stop dealing. So the next time your dealer says he has mids every one should tell him or her to fuck off and get good bud.( in a polite manner of course :rolleyes:) I dislike cocky people like makizushi come up in threads and think their all good and justified for smoking mids.

and to all you that think i'm a "pot snob"..
    ill be smokin my purple kush while u pick out seeds and sift through shake to find a bowl of SHIT brown mids .. so ha.

14. Obviously you don't get good mids where you are, I would never consider smoking brown weed. The mids I get are a lot better than that. Many respectful stoners around here smoke mids and dank actually I can't think of anyone that doesn't smoke mids I also can't think of anyone that would smoke the mids you are describing unless it was free.

15. These prices seem right on the money in my area. But then again I haven't picked up in a year. I guess the term "mids" is a relative term and isn't universal on these forums. The mids I was referring to still got the job done. Sometimes, I couldn't even handle the danky danks cuz it really fucked me up.

16. Wow it's that expensive for you? I'm buying a quarter of some nice hydroponic and it goes for $50 a quarter! I'll put up some pictures tomorrow

17. I used to buy "eighth's" and "quarters" but now I guess people just say "20 sack" or "30 sack" because they don't usually have enough for a full quarter or half ounce.

18. wisconsin prices right there too. the south grows dirt.

no offense i have had a lot from there and there dank is our schwag.

19. I'm only commenting on this because of what you said. Your ridiculous. If you were actually enjoying smoking all that dank, you wouldn't care what other people were doing anyway. But thats just my 2 cents...

20. Na man, learn what different quality bud looks like and what it should be priced it, and find out what he's selling first. Then ask his prices for different quantities.