Was this a bad move?

Discussion in 'General' started by Stephen_9, Oct 17, 2008.

1. I just fronted $170 to somebody down the street who I consider to be a good aquaintance/friend. He is getting me an ounce of weed and 10 hits of acid. He's 18, and he lives with his parents, whom I know to be very nice individuals.

However, after I gave him the money, I was entirely sure whether or not he was good on this. It wasn't anything he did or said, he seemed pretty legit, Even asked me for my house number and everything (my cell phone got stolen).

Considering all of these factors, what are the chances that he's going to steal my money? And, what should I do if he does?

2. Honestly, I have been fronted money before, and always deliver...rarely pinch (sometimes i am dry and want a bowl for later, forgive me) and I only expect to be smoked out...that's fair enough right?

3. Should be fine... quit stressin. What about the guy made you think he was gunna bail on you?

4. I dunno, anything about money makes me really nervous. And I was anxious/impatient, because of the acid (first time). And, I do extremely retarded things when I'm anxious/impatient.

He just added me on Face Book about 19 minutes ago, which was AFTER I gave him the money, so I guess that's a good sign, right? He would be trying to avoid me if he had bad intentions?

5. Usually, never ever front your money to somebody... But since he lives down the street I highly doubt he would try to fuck you over.

6. #6 Stephen_9, Oct 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2008
    Hmmm, the posts on this forum give me better vibes than the ones over at The Shroomery... lol. So, you all are sure he is legit?

7. Everyone at The Shroomery is a cynic.

8. he is legit..he lives down the street and added you to facebook or whatever.
    it will be ok.

9. well if he doesn't come through you know where he lives, lol

10. never front

EVER

and if he don't come through

house call yo

11. How are random people on a forum going to tell you if this kid is legit? We dont know you, we dont know him.

End of story.

-AFD

12. i don't even give my friends money to get me weed unless they are ON THEIR WAY to pick it up

13. I will never front anyone money ever again

I fronted a guy $300 for an ounce and he pretty much called me and said "i have a gun, you got beat"

14. That's harsh.
    That's all there is to be said, that's fuckin' harsh.

-AFD

15. Did you know where he lives? I probably would have told him I have multiple guns, and some people to use them :cool:

16. those are the best when they just straight up tell you "its a jack fool".....hey at least its better than not knowing and calling the kid relentlessly hoping to god the kid answers, knowing theres not a shot in hell he will.

17. yea good call, millions of americans have guns and probably 1 percent would actually use them...ill take my chances....although for 300 smacks, id probably just say fuck it. but if it was for something like 10 grand...you gotta get whats yours homie.

18. ouch

that hurts just reading it

19. Ok, I'm getting kind of nervous here again...
    I called him and he said he's bringing some friends with him, because this guy is "crazy".
    So, if he ends up taking my money, and blames it on this "crazy" drug dealer, what should I do?

20. Getting jumped by the person they are picking it up from is probably the #1 excuse used by dealers jacking your money.... But no worries....