Was thinking of making a video but dont have the equipment, hows this idea anyway

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Sc0pe, Aug 22, 2013.

1. So i was thinking of making a short film that evokes emotions, since people seem to be into that shit

heres the premise:

A bunch of soldiers in the middle of a war zone with guns firing etc
    scene cuts to one soldier, he gets up to run, he is shot and the scene freezes

scene cuts to when he was a baby, and cuts to various scenes of his life(school, teenage years, playing with friends etc) up until he joins the army,

scene then cuts to him dropping dead on the ground and the life leaves his eyes

scene cuts to other soldiers around him with similar montages and it all ends the same with them being killed, in the end there is a silent scene of the lifeless bodies on the floor

grim i know, but it is to show how these are regular people and to show how life can be taken in an instant

what are your thoughts, should i bother going ahead with this project

2. Sounds expensive. But its pretty deep though, its interesting to think that both the soldier as well as the enemy were kids at one point perhaps who would have been friends. Actually sounds pretty cool, just shooting it to look good would be the hard part. 

3. im just imaginating your video... sounds great.
    but you will need many maaaany actors if you dont want to buy expensive software and take years to learn it.
    i think that maybe some unproffessional people would like to act.
    you will need:
    actors
    -at least 10 people between 20-30 years old as soldiers
    -you can ask in an hospital for filming the birth of the future "soldier"
    -a few childs about 8 years old
    -a few teens about 16 years old
    -someone about 30 years old as marshal/general (when the main character goes to army)
    - i think a scene of a loved person dying would be deep
    equipment
    you dont need expencive equipment to make a good film. any filming camera or digital camera with filming option works great, just dont ruin everything by filmiing with mobile phone.
    set
    you have to choose some good sets to film:
    -somewhere on an wide place for the battlefield
    -a classical primary school
    -anywhere you want to show his teenage years
    -a military training field, but its sure impossible to enter there. so try building a set for this the best you can.
    music
    you need to compose a sad music track, im thinking in something like a piano music or something.