Was Just Curious About Additives In General And Nectars

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by fibrochick382, May 20, 2014.

1. I am just researching what additives are out there and was wondering what others like too use and why...what is your go too additive? i would like too get thick dense buds with lots of trichromes..is there anything I can do too increase the production of trichromes or does depend soley on the strain? I am currently using the floragro series and saw they have a floranectar additive and was thinking of trying it..has anyone had any experience with this particular product or do you use a flavor additive? This is my first grow, I am using it medicinally for pain and anxiety. Also if you use the additive how does it hold up in a vaporizer?

2. I am not exactly sure what you mean by "additive" 
    I used to use just Micro, Bloom, and Grow from advanced nutrients and had pretty standard bud

Started adding Molasses and my buds started to get more sticky, ironically enough

I then added a few more nutrients like big bud and saw even better yields and potency from there

Also, strain will always be your base. There is no cure for bad genetics besides better genetics. 

3. pure snake oil to lighten your wallet.

If you want to flavor your weed add a slice of strawberry to the jar or whatever you like.

4. I guess what I meant were advanced nutrients, I am not really well versed in the different terms so bear with me lol... basically something other than your garden variety straight N,P,K liquid nutrients (the specific line of nutrients or extras like the different bloom boosters that you personally like the preformance of) or different organic materials like the molasses,teas(what mix of manures you prefer) or whether you do organic..mixing all your nutrients into the soil at the start or if you add the nutes during watering..or are both going to give you a similar end result regardless of the method( organic nutes only in the soil or added in during watering)  what is the added benefit that causes you to bother adding it period or over another liquid nutrient/organic material.
    Does the molasses actually increase the resin production or does it just ooze through the plant? I am currently using 707 soil and just the starter kit of floragro that has bottles of N,P,K  and a bottle of floralicious and florabloom samples but would like to get some things that I can add when I switch my plants into flower in the next few days. I was also wondering if the products like the nectars you can get from a grow shop actually change the taste of your finished bud. So for example if I were to buy the pineapple nectar when I cured and smoked it would I actually taste the pineapple. I am growing Mother of all Berries so I am not worried about the genetics as much as just wondering what is out there to boost/customize certain aspects of the genetics I have to work with.