Was It Scary The First Time You Drove While Stoned?

Discussion in 'General' started by Regnes, Aug 27, 2014.

1. I am so killer stoned right now, smoked it up with this girl on the woods, she dropped me off at my car in the middle of downtown.

I kind of just sat in the car for an hour, paying attention to traffic, and konking out. I was so scared about what I was going to do. It's like a 2 hour walk home, and then 2 hours to walk back. I finally got the courage to turn on that engine. I can barely comprehend anything that's going on, yet I willed myself to just drive, and I actually did it.

I was thinking, my only other option is to just sit in that parking lot until the high wears off, which would probably be early this morning. Not cool, got people waiting for me, so I just drove, I can't believe it actually worked. I barely have a consciousness for the first half of a major high, I don't know where I am a lot of the time.

But man, it was pretty freaky. I thought I was going to be in an accident, I was so scared. Where you guys scared when you first drove while under the influence of something because man I was so scared I was going to get pulled over, there was this car that seemed to follow me everywhere. Thought I was going to be pulled over on my own street, would have really sucked as I only just got back into the whole weed smoking thing and I love it, I can't believe I'm doing it again, it's like a lost best friend coming back into my life, but I can't believe I drove home, our downtown is hard to figure out, even a sober person has trouble a lot of the time. I totally just made myself do it, I am the master of my body and I took control.

2. #2 TimothyTheFirst, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2014
    eh i kinda was, but that was because the brakes went out on my car more so than the fact that I was high.  it was my first car and like 2 weeks after I got my license the brake lines rusted out and all the fluid leaked when I was driving around the city with a few friends.  that was an interesting day.

honestly man driving while high takes a little getting used to if your tolerance is low (yours definitely is), but if your tolerance is decently high, driving is cake.  I drive better high than sober because I focus more and I'm more cautious.  and it just comes more naturally to me.

plus if you're just sitting in a car overnight in downtown of whatever city you're in, that's not a good look and you might wake up to somebody (cops, business owner, random passer by) wondering wtf you're doing.

3. I was, I hate driving when I'm high and just refuse unless I really have to, nice one on managing but the fact you worried about it is probably a good thing, driving under the influence isn't a good thing to be doing.

4. I was indeed nervous and in fact for the first year or so of smoking I pretty much refused to drive stoned. Finally had to do it when I was blitzed. It wasn't that bad at all! Was nervous for a few minutes but...I was in a rural area. Country roads etc. Not many other cars. I actually loved it by the time I got home 15 minutes later. I do it frequently now with no problem at all! Never been pulled over. I did get in one accident January 2013...it was while I was delivering pizza for Papa John's of course I was stoned. It was also snowing and sleeting and zr'ing. Not very common in south central NC. Roads were getting mad slippery but I was still smoking...I lived in Jersey for a few years and can drive in winter wx. But other people in NC can't. Some dumbass lady in a Hyundai pulled out of Wendy's and I tried to brake and so did she but we slid right into each other.

So yeah I say go for it just not in the snow and ice lol

5. I LOVE driving while Im high. I don't really concentrate either. Its almost feels like Im on autopilot, I know where Im going I just never remember getting there LOL

6. Not really. I was only mildly buzzed and it was when I first got my permit and only drove to school with my dad in the car. If anything it personally helped me with my nerves and helped me concentrate. I'm not a good driver though and maybe that's why. 

7. It does sound like you were entirely too stoned to drive.  I usually won't drive when I'm super high, but have had to on a couple of occasions due to circumstances - as it seems you did.

But average day to day toking, I don't even think about it. 

8. Sometimes I'll intentionally smoke up before driving or going to the store lol. People in this town drive like complete asshats so it chills me out. Just cruise in the middle lane and laugh like hell at the people speeding around me so fast and then I pass them because they had to stop for the light they got to before i did...i didnt get caught at the light so i didnt have to stop :p

9. nope...it came naturally, just like driving for the first time.

then again the first time i drove high as on a driver's ed course. my teacher was old as fuck and never paid any attention to what was going on so a group of us would smoke at this table next to the course lol

10. Not really just felt like I was going faster than I really was.  From the second time on it was easy and I did it daily.  The only two ( 2 ) accidents I've been in I was sober as shit.

11. #11 TheShadow420, Aug 27, 2014
    I will never, in my entire life, even think of the possibility of driving while under the influence of a drug like marijuana or alcohol that heavily affect one's ability to drive (less for marijuana, but depends on the person, tolerance and whatnot, I personally do feel impairment just well).

I can only hope that none of the people that post here live in my country and drive here, because I'd never even want to be near such people.

I am feeling really big anger right now because I'm really high and this thing hurt my "oh what the fuck are you completely out of your fucking mind" spot, which amplifies the emotion I have into the issue. In this case, I hope that any accidents or dangerous situations you cause involve only you and inanimate objects, accidents in which no-one can be hurt except the psychopathic driver himself (I guess we could add trees etc. to there as well, I mean they're living things, but no-one will really mourn the death of a tree y'know).

Don't bring up bullshit stories about how driving under the influence doesn't affect you because some random guy said it or because you're a pro smoker who feels like he/she has complete control. What is the fucking point of you even smoking marijuana if it doesn't affect you in any way and allows you to drive completely normal? Are you just smoking for the sake of smoking or what? In the core, even if you don't feel it, majority of the marijuana side effects apply in normal or higher doses anyway and affect your ability to function, think, perceive, react.

12. I don't drive when high unless i really hav 2 i have some 1 else drive me around

13. I live in L.A. we have the worst traffic in the USA. So weed helps me not kill anyone on a gridlocked freeway. I just turn on the stereo and fire up a joint (no cops in gridlocked traffic). Some of the express lane interchanges get gridlocked. It's one way traffic with one lane. Excellent place to fire up a joint. Aint no cops around for miles. So being high makes me a better driver. If somebody cuts me off rudlely, I feel i should apologise for pissing them off. But when i'm sober, I sit on the horn and wave my middle finger faster than a hummingbird's wings.

14. #14 Stølas, Aug 27, 2014
    last night was my first night driving high! i was pretty high....

not gonna lie, it was kinda annoying hearing my mom talk about the dog trainer while i was focusing on driving and how fucked id be if a cop came around the corner and saw my car, with me driving how i was driving. (an altima with fucked up sides and a front bumper, and im a total stoner degenerate looking white boy)  

i actually did pretty well, but i was a little tense. 

i do not, for the life of me, understand why i agreed to drive my drunken mother to the store to get a block of freakin cheese while blown to pieces. 

15. driving scary? no but walking across the road a little scary

[​IMG]

16. im moving to a town near you and loading up my car with a whole lot of easily accessible joints. big ones too.
    RECKLESS DRIVING, YEEAAHH. no just kidding

a lot of people cant handle driving high, and i for one dont "enjoy it" or anything, but if i needed to get somewhere and i wasnt totally blown out of my mind i could drive stoned. ive driven on other substances that might be a bit more dangerous to drive on, although i drove my best while high on those drugs. 

but d like to believe in ignorance that there is a common stoner law that says, "if you feel too stoned to drive or even have to ask your self if you're too stoned to drive, you shouldnt be fucking driving"

although my cousin the other day bragged to me about taking a bunch of shots and unmentionables, getting in her huge ass truck, driving down the boulevard at 80, while smoking a spliff. and hitting a pipe. which makes no sense to me.. you gotta be pretty high to be hitting a bowl and smoking a spliff simultaneously. that girls got talent. 

but that kind of behavior is why DUI is illegal, because people cant just have one bowl or one beer. they take a bunch of something then drive. 

idk, im high right now, sorry if you read all this, i do apologize for the randomness that is my train of thought

17. I don't really remember my first time driving stoned. I think I was nervous but I've gotten over it. I drive stoned all the time now, I dnt particularly like it better or anything like that. In fact I would rather drive sober, I notice I run reds alot when I'm stoned. I've gotten into alot of close calls stoned, I drive a really small car and people have crashed into me while stoned. Now when I drive I pretty much have the mentality that everybody is trying to kill me and it's been working out pretty good. I deliver weed as a second job so I'm actually stoned alot behind the wheel.

I'd say as long as u aren't fuckin stoned monkey and stressed out it can be pretty chill.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. I was nervous at first. I didn't know what to expect, but I also was of right mind enough to pull over had I needed to. It helps when you have an impending obligation, kinda shifts your focus to the task at hand.

Now I don't mind driving high. I'm still rather conscious when high, so it's not as if I turn into someone with no sense of self/poor judgment. I do get more lax and care less about repercussions of shit, but that's only in relation to social stuff.

I always make it a clear rule to myself that if I'm higher than I thought, or just too high to be on the road--if I find myself on the road all the same, I pull over and fuck around elsewhere until I'm good enough to get to my destination. No way is it worth it to put my life or others in danger just cus I wanted to toke it up. Even if I'm scheduled for work or something.

I chose to toke up before said obligation, so if I'm late due to my injecting marijuanas, I deserve whatever consequences that follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. My pops would teach me how to drive my volvo after school when i was in high school. The majority of the times i would be high. The first time i drove on the freeway i was high as fuck. It was like 30 to 45 minutes after my typical afterschool sesh. My pops is a good driver. He used to drag race and shit, so ive always been comfortable with driving shit and shit hahahahha. Shit

Hop on that 110 north towards downtown LA i would always have somethin lit.