Was I Wrong To Punk my kids' Moms New Boyfriend?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by LoveOfTheNug, Jan 16, 2010.

1. I have a four year old daughter with my ex. We broke up about six months after she was born. Things got ugly between us but in the end we both learned from the process. Mainly, we learned that we will have to deal with each other until our daughter is eighteen, so we might as well respect each other. I watch her half the time she watches her half the time.

To get to the point, I was watching our kid today and she was coming to pick her up to take her to lunch and then she is supposed to drop her off in an hour. Today is her birthday. She just got here with some dude in a big ass truck. The whole house rumbles from his POS and I ran outside pissed that she brought some guy to my house. I call him a pussy and I tell her not to bring bitches to my house. This guy does absolutely nothing.. I decide to be reasonable and I go upstairs to grab my kid. She is upset about me trying to start a fight.

The only reason that I feel slightly bad is that today is her birthday. We were just starting to respect each other and I spent an hour making her a card with my kid today. Mainly, I was a little shooken up before I started writing this, but I feel better already. I just want to know from others point of view.. Am I wrong for punkin this cat? :confused_2:

2. Yes. Like you said, the guy did absolutely nothing.

3. Frankly, I don't see how you punked the guy.

You call him a pussy and he doesn't do anything, guess what that says?

He's actually a man, you're still getting all pissy when your EX brings guys around? Grow up and act like a fucking dad.

4. i dk it wouls be diff if he did something to u

5. ya maybe you guys are right.

6. that was rather mean op

7. who is op? original post?

8. I can see how you shouldn't of been so butt hurt about this, but at the same time emotions over take rational thinking on occasion.

9. Thank you. That is the bottom line

10. OP means Original Poster-- so... you, haha.

Yeah, dude... I understand why that's so uncomfortable for you but you should try to keep your emotions a little more under control. Regardless of his stupid truck, the guy seems to have a good head on his shoulders-- I think he was being mature, not being a pussy.

That kinda stuff just makes you look bad, in my opinion. I know it's hard for you but you gotta buck up and handle your business like a man.

11. #11 See Emily Play, Jan 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2010
    This is a decent guy. Many guys I know would start a fight, no hesitation. Whether it's out of respect for your ex , your daughter or out of respect for you, the guy did nothing. When someone calls you a pussy (whether you're a guy or girl), it takes an immense amount of self control to not say anything back.

I don't think it's a very wise move on your part. I mean, what do you know about this guy? He drives a truck... And? For all you know, he could be the most wonderful, respectful guy who treats your daughter like an absolute princess.

My advice would be to explain to your daughter why you freaked out so bad, and try get to know a little bit more about this guy. You never know, maybe that's why he came over in the first place.

But, to answer your original question: Yes, I think you made a bad move, but it's not an unfixable situation.

I know how difficult it is to be stuck in the middle of divorced parents, but don't forget, your ex loves your daughter too and would not put her in a risky situation. Maybe she sent him over so you could get to know him. Before making judgements, you have to get to know the guy, and to do that, you have to give the dude a chance.

12. #12 LoveOfTheNug, Jan 16, 2010
    Thank you. I am taking all of your advice and I am gonna admit to her that I was wrong when she drops my kid back off. Just so you know though, I would never start a fight in front of my kid. I was out front and my daughter was upstairs nowhere to see. Also, he was not there to see my daughter he was there to see my ex. My ex was there with him picking up my kid.

13. I apologized to her and told her I was wrong. She was very happy and I feel good about it. Thank you all. Truly

14. Bro i see where your comeing from your hurt seeing ur ex with a new guy you did the wrong thing made up for it so respect bro

15. #15 mrnoname, Jan 16, 2010
    Plus neural rep because I like happy endings.
    Plus you saw through your mistake, and corrected it.

Better people

16. You were talking about showing respect and then you turned into a hypocrite and showed disrespect....not speaking of you but this thread kinda brings me to this thought.....The people that demand respect and get all big to try to impress others really get on my fucking nerves. That is all. Just chill man and find a new girl.

17. I mean i'm glad the other guy didn't do anything, very mature of him. I know it blows seeing your ex with another guy but its life. In the future avoid this at all costs though. Even though you may not realize it your kid seeing you and your ex fight is VERY hard on them. If the two of you can't be functional your kid will never know how to have a functional relationship.

18. not to mention your kid seeing their parents with other people is hard enough. And i'm not saying you do this but make sure to never talk about your problems in front of your daughter either. lol sorry i've been through two divorces with my mom and my dad has been divorced once and it really fucking sucks.

19. either way if it was wrong or not...calling him a pussy and telling her not to bring bitches to your house is pretty hilarious...

20. #20 Mr Stoned, Jan 16, 2010
    Yes you acted a bit brashly but sometimes in the heat of the moment our emotions get the better of us. At least you didn't hit him, then you really would have been out of order. The first time I saw my ex with her new boyfriend I said really loudly "WAY TO RAISE THE BAR ANNA!!' But I didn't openly confront him. I was hoping he said something back, but he was the bigger man and avoided violent conflict. But anyway, well done on appologizing, that was deifnitely the right thing to do.