Was I right or was I wrong?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by RussianToke, Nov 26, 2008.

1. A bit of a two-sided story/question for my first post on these forums.

Ok so today I get caught for skipping (Im in senior highschool....yes im 18) a bunch of classes and not showing up for my detentions to them. No biggie. They call me down and tell me I have an inschool suspension.

Fine. These were gonna be the worst 5 hours of my life. So Im acting all depressed and remorseful of my actions (none of the staff know I blaze), when they tell me I've been there for 3 hours and can have 15 minutes to go and get food.

Well guess where I went and what I did.

I come back to the office 35 minutes later because on the way there I started wondering where the roots of all the trees go and how many times they multiply (or something). Im sitting there, ripped as fuck, enjoying myself, when MY FUCKING DAD comes in.

The fuckers told him of my skips. So I try and act cool, whhile he is getting an "attendance report" from my school. He looks at the report and all he says to me is "We'll talk at home".

Well I couldn't care less at the time.

When I come home, I see my dad sitting on one side of the couch, my mother on the other (Im still high at this time). They begin to ask me what I was doing yesterday, why i was skipping, etc etc.

Then it gets tough. My dad asks me "What do you keep doing with your friends" and all I can answer is "just chillin". I thought I got off pretty easy when he asks me "Have you tried any drugs yet?" I answer with a solid "no". The he asks "Can you swear on it?"

Aoohhh shit. Out of some inner instinct, I decide to say "sure".

He then hits me with the big one: "Can you swear on your own father's health that you have not tried any drugs?" I pause and start to tihnk of what to say. As I notice the time im taking, my mothers eyes begin to grow wide. So I answer "Yes."

But I lied. What is to come of this promise? Do any of you think swears actually mean something?

PS Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I figured this is the most appropriate to my story/question.

2. lol @ the tree root thing.

3. depends on what you believe in....

but so you got off clean?

4. They beleived me and think I dont smoke anything.

I don't know if I necesserily beleive in bad luck/bad habits. But I have never thought about swears. Now that I do, how can something I say affect me physically? Actors must say swears in this sense a lot for movies, and nothing seems to happen to them.

5. Lol.. Promises are nothing but words. Don't let it fuck you over..

6. lol it seems like your just letting it get to you a little too much. ive broken plenty of swears and nothin

just dont think about it so much and try to go to class more to avoid this situation all together

7. Wow, people reply fast here.

I think that I am letting it get to my head too much.

Now my parents have vowed to get an attendance report every day from my school. So no more skips even if I wanted to. yaaaaay.

8. i don't think it matters..
    depends on your belief.

9. just hope they dont try and drug test you.

10. yeah i had somethin similar happen but it was a lot more dramatic.

but in the end i was greatful for the attendance report which forced me to go to school everyday and it turned out for the better

but yeah dont let it get to your head you'll be fine

11. Normally I'd say no it doesn't matter shit. But it now I believe it can literally affect your peace of mind.

To swear on your father's health and lie can make you feel distanced from your dad in a way that you may not be able to fix. A lot of what makes us who we are is how we feel inside and this may prove to have an unsettling effect.

12. Me and my dad have a way of over-dramatizing things and yelling.... a lot.

We always end up making peace.

Like right now, he's not even mad at me anymore. And I don't really feel like I have distanced from him. I guess time will tell.