Was I in the Wrong Here

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by TLF1088, Dec 1, 2008.

1. I've got a friend pissed off at me, and I want to know if I'm really to blame.

Last night, around 8 at night I was bored. I call up one of my friends Josh to see what he's doing. He answers, I ask him what he's up to, he says he was playing Monopoly with his girl. He asks what I'm doing and I say nothing I'm bored, and he says "Come by the house." That's exactly what he says, "Come by the house."

I go over to his house, he's at the kitchen table still playing Monopoly with his girlfriend. His girlfriend is wearing pajamas, and he looks ready for bed too wearing a t shirt and gym shorts. He barely says anything to me, and continues to play. I sit there watching for about 30-40 minutes of them playing and bickering back and forth like they always do with each other.

I go outside to have a cigarette. While I'm out there his three roommates come out. I hang out with his roommates quite a bit. They say they're going to the strip club and ask if I want to come. I said what about Josh. They said they asked him earlier and he said he was staying home all night.
    I said alright and headed off with them.

Josh then texts me 10 minutes later saying **** you, and that I'm an *******. He tried saying as soon as I went outside he put the game away so that we could go out and do something.

Was I wrong to take off like that? He tried saying I went over there to hang out with him and took off, but we never actually made plans to hang out with each other. He just said to come by the house, knowing that I hang out with not just him but the other people who live there too.

So was I wrong here?

I know that had nothing to do with weed, so now here's a story from later on that night that does.

Oh the way to the strip club the three of us that went ended up smoking about 3 blunts on the 40 minute drive to the club. We were heading to a very nasty one, we were doing it for the laughs basically. The only money we took with us was for food and the cover charge, we weren't getting lap dances or anything.
    We get there, park, smoke another blunt. We're all blazed as fuck. We walk in, they don't even ID us, just do the worst pat down in history. They didn't even check my hip, just felt my sides and then pant's pockets.

We were sitting down for about 5 minutes before this ugly ass stripped heads over to my friend Jack. She starts grinding all up on him and steps right all over his new shoes. He pushes back and says sorry you need to leave. She has this confused look on her face and he says you stepped all over my sneakers I can't have that. She starts flipping out and screaming fuck you guys, you're just a bunch of broke motherfuckers. My shoes cost more than yours, blah blah blah.

So we're watching this girl all night going up and dancing on guys. Basically she looks ridiculous. She's so fucked up on something that she can barely stand and is just throwing herself all over the place.

Then she comes back over to us and and gets on my lap. I go "Sorry, I'm all set." She looks all pissed off and goes "I don't fucking think so, give me some god damn money." My buddies are laughing so hard right now, I just tell her she needs to work on her people skills if she needs dope money so bad.
    She storms off and we all laugh for about 10 minutes straight.

We end up leaving after only a couple hours and smoke a few more blunts on the ride home.

All in all it was a good night, except for my friend getting pissed off at me.

2. I wouldn't of waited around past 10 minutes for your buddy. If someone tells me to come through we better be kickin it or I'm gunna find something else to do.

3. so you had a good night and your friend was jealous cuz he spent it bickering with his gf and playing a lame ass game.

i'd say the only minor fault would be in re-checking with your friend if he wanted to go to the club.
    but, you're not at fault for anything here.

4. He's the inconsiderate one, making you wait almost an hour for him to finish the game and not talk to you at all, AND then bitching to you about "ditching" him. Laaaame.

5. nah your not really to blame.... I mean I would of told your friend you were leaving before you went, just to kind of let him know.

Sounds like hes over reacting.

6. Hardly seems worth beating yourself up about, this is the kind of thing he'll probably get over in less than a day.

7. Naw man you're not at fault here. You waited around for a while for him to chill with him and you did nothing wrong by going especially since the roommates told you that your friend didn't want to go. But yeah like jasmine said, maybe should have checked with him again before you left.

8. Yeah I know I should have told him. Everyone was in a rush to leave though and what can I say, I was excited about getting high and seeing some titties. I'm weak :(

9. Lol who wouldn't be? It's more exciting than watching other people play Monopoly. :rolleyes:

10. I would've at least said bye, but it's not that big of a deal

11. I don't know who wouldn't have gone.. I mean if your friends with all them too then w/e

12. If your friend was a chick I would say you should have checked in before taking off, but since it's a dude he needs to chill. You told him you were bored and he obviosly wasn't helping so you just continued on your mission.

13. I probably would have gotten pissed at around the 15min mark of watching them and made them do something.... But if for some reason I waited 40min then got an invitation somewhere I would tell the person I was going out, so they could either offer something else to do, or say bye.

14. Well, it's hard to say whether you were wrong or not cause there are a ton of angles you could see it from. The fact that you went over and sat there for 40 minuted watching them play and him saying nothing to you is bullshit. Going out was legit, anyone would have done that. Just explain it to him or w/e and be like sorry if thats what he's looking for. No need to create tension over something sooo small.