Was hoping everybody could check my first grow out

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by moneymatt420, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Interesting setup.

2. Bet you have seen and smoke some good shit over in Holland. I've all ways wanted to take a trip over there.

3. Yes sir, us Dutchman are very spoiled.

4. bump i checked my ph yesterday and it was 8.4 which is really bad. what is the best coarse of action? Also will ph down for pool water work fine?

5. What's in the pool pH down? You could also use vinegar. Adjust the water by adding small amounts at a time until it's 6.2 or so. What is the pH of your water out of the tap? Sounds like you may need to get a filter or buy distilled water.

6. Not sure what is in the ph down. So you use vinegar to lower the ph and citrus acid to higher it? Planing on using bottled water, should i go with distilled or drinking water?

7. Citric acid will also lower the pH. To raise it you could use lime. I don't use bottled water but RO (reverse osmosis) water (like Dasani) or distilled would be better than natural spring water, I think. I guess I would get the cheapest one. Spring water will have some minerals in it, which is not necessarily a bad thing as long as the pH is okay. You'll need to supplement RO or distilled with cal/mag, unless your nutes have those. You could also use some of your tap water for the cal/mag, but it might not have enough mag. A bit of dolomitic lime would also be a good supplement because it has calcium and magnesium in it. But you don't have to worry about the cal/mag issue for a little while.

8. I appreciate the advice. Going tomorrow to get some different fertilizeer for the flowering period. I'll let you know which route i go thanks.:)