Was happy to see visitors in my lil grow today

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Senrysa, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Found my pups growling at my plants today...checked it ... I knew my little hedge of potted marigolds had helped keep pests at bay for my first try but it appears I had secret heroes in the garden as well....
    Huge praying mantis everywhere.... So no little creepy crawly critters, webs and such on my plants. Lucky me...natures she's pretty cool!!!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. That's one huge mudda..LOL
    Better keep him/her fed and happy so it stays around:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. @Senrysa
    The Mantis and Ladybugs do a fair job of keeping many of the usual pest in check on our plants.
    The 2 they don't control are PM ( Powdery Mildew ) and Caterpillars.
    Green Cure once a week for the Mildew and BT weekly to keep the catties under control. Running a bug zapper nearby helps a lot too.
    [​IMG]
    BT
    [​IMG]
    Green Cure. Can use baking soda as a temp sub.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  4. You only saw one? ;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. A welcome addition to any garden. Your garden is a lovely shade of green.
    Marigold is a nice touch
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lol...ah my marigolds have always done me well..not fond of their scent but then either are the bugs. I'm just super stoked no matter the yield because all but one of these 6 big girls are revegged from my first grow. I grew the first grow in the winter mostly only by window light then by photgrophy light bulbs when I went to 12/12. I harvested then trimmed down and put outside for re-grow.
    All but one..I vegged her all winter long..then put her out this spring. She is cover in pistils just this morning...
    Both these grows were an experiment to see how low cost I could for low nome seniors with on hand or inexpensive easy to obtain and use items. Here's some pics are the harvest from my first ever grow inside, my plant vegged all winter, my trimmed down revegged plants. Also I cant stand to toss a broken stem and I break a few with my arthritic hands so I dust them with rooting powder and plant..ended up with more plants than I expected in the garden...what can I say...lol

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  7. There's at least 5 or 6!!! I guess that's why no little aphids!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1