Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Warrant out for arrest

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dutchmaster87, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Sorry if I put this in the wrong section.

Last week I went on vacation at the beaches in delaware with all my buddies. One of the nights I was there I was smoking a hand made bong at this girls house who had people over. A police officer came over to the porch we were smoking on and asked us if we were smoking marijuana and the 3 friends i was smoking with just ran and got away.

The next day I got a call from the girl saying they gave our names to the cps and are gonna put warrants out for arrest if we dont see him and get a citation that day. I just went back home to PA and im worried if they can actually put a warrant out for arrest if they have no proof that i was actually there.

2. You're chill. They only cross state lines for felony warrants. Its all good. Now light One up!!

3. HAHAHA

:smoking::bolt:

4. hahah wordd i think i am now. thanks man

5. Its good that you got away n shit but you oughta smack that bitch for tellin on you like that.

6. is this true??

7. Citations should/would probably be mailed to you or the police would come serve you it at your house themselves. They can't just tell someone to tell you something, it doesn't work like that. Unless you get a clear notice, call or a different form of official contact with the officials, you're fine.

8. Check the local police department's website if you have a warrant. In my opinion, i think the cop was BSing

9. You're effing paranoid. You actually think that FBI or DEA or some shit is gonna cross state lines to pick up a pot smoker because of hearsay? Man take a paxil.

10. just making sure

11. even if they do come a knocking just tell them that chick is full of shit. End of story.

12. Don't sweat it. The beach cops have more to worry about then some reefer. Now the chick who's house ou were at...... she has a rep now, and they'll be keeping an eye on her. But as for coming after you, they have no proof. And the burden of proof is on the state. I live 20 minutes from Lewes, and I can tell you that most of the beach cops are temps. So they are more likely to have a DA and judge throw out any requests for warrants unless it is a violent crime, or where positive proof is evident. Fuck 'em. You got away... good for you:hello:

13. What are they gonna charge you with? Being in the presence of the odor of marijuana... :laughing: They have no evidence on you. You are fine.

14. Dude it was totally a trap. Blunt is right, they can't just send the word along like that with anyone, it's not legit. The cop was most likely pulling a dirty trick to get you to incriminate yourself.

IMO you did the right thing.

15. Well check the laws of the state for "smoking in public" but wait you weren't you were on private property so it's okay

They think you are all stupid. Avoid it

16. Word... and dude your fine...

17. #17 sinsemillaplease, Jun 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2010
    Any law about smoking in public requires evidence like any other charge. He was in the presence of smoke. There is no evidence that he was smoking, in possession or under the influence. There is only questionably credible evidence of his presence at the scene where marijuana may have been smoked by someone in the vicinity.

Additionally, the local officers he saw have no jurisdiction in his hometown. They would never ever ever show up at his door for a pot charge. They don't even have his phone number to call him.. and they have no power to compel him back to the state.

18. Like somebody else said, they don't won't come get you if you have a warrent out for your arrest if you are in another state. Though, if you actually do and you go back to that state, then they will arrest you. I think small warrents expire after 7 years but im not sure.

19. There is guilty by association...

20. thats crazzy man, glad you got away, you'd think cops would have something better/more important 2 do then harass ppl trying 2 relax and smoke a little weed on private property, and nascarfan theres no females on the internet goddamn it :smoke: