(Warning: Stupid Idea) Can you use THC tincture in any old vape pen?

Discussion in 'E-Liquids & E-Juice, E-Cigarettes' started by konjfful, Dec 29, 2017.

1. #1 konjfful, Dec 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2018
    I recently fell into the trap all my friends have fallen into with buying a nicotine vape pen. Not my favorite thing in the world, would rather smoke bud any day, but could I with this vape pen? I have a dispensary that sells THC tinctures, alcohol and vegetable based, can I put any form of purchased THC tincture straight into the cartridge of my vape pen or would that be harmful/dangerous/not work?

The tincture I purchase is from this brand I normally get the Sativva 800 mg, could I just drop that straight into a vape pen and expect it to work? The vape I use is Suorin Air

Here's why I think it would NOT work(but no clue):
    The Tincture is an edible, takes a while to kick in(wouldn't be immediate)
    It could clog my pen
    It could potentially be severely damaging to me, which is why I'm asking first:)

Thanks to anyone who is willing to help me with my stupid problems

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. nicotine vape pens are used for vaping pg and vg substances. You would need to get some concentrate and a special type of glycol that mixes with the oil to make what would be usable in your pen. There IS a straight distillate you can use with oil vaporizers that use different types of wicks.

Tinctures are usually made out of alcohol or coconut oil. These mixtures are not made for inhaling but just eating. It would get you high if you did use them like that. THC is the same either way regardless of if its an edible but you could hurt yourself or your lungs, your throat etc.

Also, burning it like that would destroy most of the thc before you inhaled it so you would most likely need to inhale an awful lot which would definitely not be good for your health.

• Like Like x 1