Warned for..

Discussion in 'General' started by Lambchop1, Nov 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calling someone a name because they called me a name.. They, on the other hand did not get a warning. Why are mods selective in who they punish when multiple people are offending?

2. Waaa Cry about it

3. Who cares? It's not like you got banned or have to pay a fine.

4. [quote name='"closedingirl"']Waaa Cry about it[/quote]

Lol relax, I was just wondering. That time of the month eh?

5. First of all, how do you know the other party didn't get a warning. Warnings are private, no one else would have known if YOU got a warning if you hadn't said something.

Secondly it's against the rules to start a thread questioning a moderator's actions. This creates unnecessary drama. If you have an issue with a moderator's actions, take it up with our admin RMJL by private messaging her.

6. Just suck it up. Airing your dirty laundry with a thread like this isn't helping matters.

7. Did you flag the other person's post?

If not, and that person or another flagged yours, then the mod (not getting paid to work here, and having other people to take care of, too) will usually just take a brief glance at the most recent interaction, if that, but mainly they will focus on the post that -was- flagged.
    I'm assuming by 'warning' you mean that you have a bit of small, red writing on your post, and the other fellow's post did not have that red writing or a public warning.

These threads however are seen as being counter-productive, they tend to bring in others who aren't involved, start new drama, and as such are also grounds for a warning. This is because the correct and ideal response or reaction to this type of situation, would be to first flag the other member's name-calling post, and once that has been done you should write a PM to whichever mod is in charge of, and most-active in, the section of the forum where this occurred. Any time you have an issue, private message a local frequently-active mod, and maybe even RMJL or SJ.

I'm sure you were not intentionally singled out :)

Hope this helps :wave:

8. [quote name='"WildWill"']First of all, how do you know the other party didn't get a warning. Warnings are private, no one else would have known if YOU got a warning if you hadn't said something.

Secondly it's against the rules to start a thread questioning a moderator's actions. This creates unnecessary drama. If you have an issue with a moderator's actions, take it up with our admin RMJL by private messaging her.[/quote]

I figured they didn't get one because my post was the only one with a mod message at the bottom saying no insults. As for "dirty laundry" I'm not embarrassed of the warning or trying to cause drama, I was only asking for some insight as to how warnings are given. Didn't know I'd get jumped all over for asking a question, I wasn't even saying anything negative I was honestly just trying figure out how it works.

9. [quote name='"BadKittySmiles"']

Did you flag the other person's post?

If not, and that person or another flagged yours, then the mod (not getting paid to work here, and having other people to take care of, too) will usually just take a brief glance at the most recent interaction, if that, but mainly they will focus on the post that -was- flagged.
    I'm assuming by 'warning' you mean that you have a bit of small, red writing on your post, and the other fellow's post did not have that red writing or a public warning.

These threads however are seen as being counter-productive, they tend to bring in others who aren't involved, start new drama, and as such are also grounds for a warning. This is because the correct and ideal response or reaction to this type of situation, would be to first flag the other member's name-calling post, and once that has been done you should write a PM to whichever mod is in charge of, and most-active in, the section of the forum where this occurred. Any time you have an issue, private message a local frequently-active mod, and maybe even RMJL or SJ.

I'm sure you were not intentionally singled out :)

Hope this helps :wave:[/quote]

Helps a LOT actually, thank you! Is there a way to delete my thread?

10. Are you in Kingdergarten?

11. [quote name='"Capuchino Man"']Are you in Kingdergarten?[/quote]

Kindergarten*? Yep, I am actually. Stayed back a few times.

12. are you in a cradle?

13. Are you in the womb?

14. This thread attracted more admins than flies to shit :laughing:

15. [quote name='"sky dog"']Are you in the womb?[/quote]

I'm in the testicle

16. Ooh, I wanna play...

Are you a twinkle in your daddy's eye? :hello: Now, someone else, GO!

17. [quote name='"BadKittySmiles"']

Ooh, I wanna play...

Are you a twinkle in your daddy's eye? :hello: Now, someone else, GO![/quote]

Are you back to the future?

18. Sometimes when they are upset they like to take it out on the forums

19. Are you a fucking pre-evolution ape?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.