Warhammer Tabletop

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by VikingToker, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Yeah dude classic trap. I started when I was super poor, so I was forced to go real slow. One kit a month or less. My best pal then stayed away because he knew he would get obsessed with it. Few months after landing a job we went to the game store and he bought, built and tabletop-painted a 2000 point army in 2 days.

I now have about 15000 points across all my armies. But I havent painted anything for a while.

2. I'm really bummed about this. I always loved the books, but what they are doing now is insane.

By the time you've left the store with your new codex, the rules in it are outdated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. GW can indeed suck a hairy one. Sucks that the hobby I enjoy so much is helmed by a corporate fuckscape of a company.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Got myself almost a chapters worth of spess mehrines with girlyman. It's the beginning of my "indomitus crusade" gonna have a Mish mash of different chapters an greyshields in it. Just got in my uriel ventris model the other day, waiting on my black templars army set to come in at the end of the month.

I also still have on the sprue death guard from the dark imperium box. Got my gf in on it an she's currently painting her thousand sons army pack an magnus. Azhek is coming later this month as well as some extra Zangor shamans cause she liked the models. Just got the exalted sorcerors for her an some rubric marines.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. I think today will be the day when I get at least one more Havoc painted. Also still got a bunch of bases to texture.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Would anyone of you like to see a highly documented instance of me painting another Havoc?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yes why wouldn't we?

8. If I get to painting my last Havoc today I'll document it.

9. Ooohh couldn't help ourselves. Picked up the octarius kill team set. The gf is gonna take the orcs an im gonna do the guard. 20220628_164756.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Oh an quite possibly one of my favorite models I have. Was able to get this guy for the crusade force a newly created scythe of the emperor. 20220628_164943.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Chaos Havoc with lascannon. This model is about 105pts.
    Primed with Chaos Black. First step is Stegadon Scale Green, using a base brush.
    [​IMG]

Stegadon Scale Green applied, next is Corax White for details and trim, using a small layer brush.
    [​IMG]
    Corax White done with a little of Abaddon Black trim. I did make a few mistakes...
    [​IMG]
    But that can be at least a little allieviated by this...
    [​IMG]
    Havoc is now shaded. Some people would call this done, but I have one more little trick up my sleeve...
    [​IMG]
    And here it is, completely done.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  12. Dude your havoc looks siiiicckkk!!! Here's the gfs daemon prince so far. 20220702_102434.jpg 20220702_102439.jpg 20220702_102454.jpg 20220702_102504.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. I would have to say my lightning claw termie is my favorite.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. Had some spare sprues so I decided to turned dominion zephon into a ultramarines company champion. 20220706_165416.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. Great-looking models - love the kitbash, @Reth

My collection is at the gaming club, will get some pics for you guys of my 6 armies when I can lol

Picked up a couple of these fellas last month, hope to get time to work on them in july

upload_2022-7-8_12-16-17.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. I'm 32, man. Most of the people doing it now were into is as teens, now they're wealthy nerds with disposable income and they're back in it.

I'm one of the younger guys at my gaming club. Around 100 people, I'd say 10 of them are teenagers, about two thirds are between 25 and 40 and the rest are greybeards, 40-60.

That tracks to most communities I've seen. If you check youtube, for example, almost all the people doing warhammer stuff are 30-40.

• Like Like x 1