War with Iran?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Green Wizard, May 6, 2019.

1. Obama didn’t topple the Assad regime at least try to directly which was definitely against the wishes of the administration. He didn’t go nearly far enough but did continue with the evacuation of the tens of thousands of tropps in Iraq much to the distaste of the military. But he bombed 11 different countries with drones. I’m glad trump decided this but let’s not pretend he’s standing up to the MIC. As were speaking he’s bombing 7 different countries and supporting a genocide in Yemen.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jesus, 7 countries? Honestly didnt know that but I just assume the war mongering assholes are always abroad destroying things and lives.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. He is showing the same restraint that the Iranians are showing. Neither side wants a war, except people like Bolton, and possibly the JCS and NSC. Iran does not have a better hand here, they have a shrinking economy and increasing inflation. Not to mention more sanctions are coming.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. The banks will bring them to heel one way or another.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Trump's not showing restraint, if anything he's upping the ante with Iran to placate Israel and Saudi Arabia.
    Iran is of no threat whatsoever to the US, this is Trump blatantly following the neoconservative doctrine that his predecessors also followed.

Trump is bombing and facilitating warmongering on a number of fronts at the moment most noticeably in the genocide being carried out in Yemen by the savages of Saudi Arabia.

A lot of the New Republicans seem to believe Trump is somehow different than his predecessors but I get same whiff of warmongering sulphur from him.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. More sanctions, cyber warfare, and threats of "obliteration like you've never seen before"

7. Over the weekend John Bolton meet with Netanyahu, Mike Pompeo meet with Mohammad Bin Salman.

Any questions?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1

8. I don’t believe there’ll be a war

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Right, because you support terrorism like in Yemen and terroristic states like Iran. People like you belong on a watchlist because you are a few contacts away from being directly involved in terrorism.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Oh snap did you really go there? Idk the poster but that’s pretty heavy

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. The only thing I am worried about is changing "naval-tactics". Esp. in an area such as the Hormuz Strait. During the turn of the century to roughly ww1 and into ww2, the submarine and Battleship were the main projection of strength (more so Battleship). Admiral Chester Nimitz came up with various naval battle formations to protect the "new" aircraft carrier--circular formation, etc. Iran uses speed boats. They have alot of them. And I don't know if our (dated?) naval tactics which emphasize and rely on the carrier (and submarines, and destroyers) for force projection is enough to defend against these speed boats. Maybe someone with Naval Experience can chime in.

12. I think you got that a little mixed up pal, the terrorism in Yemen is being carried out by Wahhabist fanatics (Saudi Arabia) and aided and abetted by the US of A amongst others.

Calling the US, Saudi Arabia, etc terrorist states is hardly reason to be on a "watch list" now is it?

If you want to start looking for terrorist states head to Washington or Saudi Arabia. 9/11 was carried out by Saudi nationals (15 of the 19 hijackers were Saudis) and masterminded/funded by a Saudi (Bin Laden).

Yet Trump is sucking Saudi cock like it's a crack pipe?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. So I guess you would call the Taliban, Hezbollah, Boko Haram, and the numerous other groups funded by Iran and Russia as freedom fighters, is that correct?

14. #174 SmokinP, Jun 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    Boko Haram are Wahhabists affiliated to Al Qaeda, funded by Saudi Arabia. Not Iran.

The Taliban are funded mainly by the drug trade and Saudi nationals, the likes of Bin Laden. Not Iran.

Hezbollah are funded by Iran, you got that bit right but Hezbollah are not terrorists. They have no ambitions outside of the Lebanon. They did fight gallantly in Syria/Iraq against ISIS but the only reason they're labelled as "terrorists" is because they engaged in conflict with and drove Israel out of Lebanon.

If you want to understand who funds Al Qaeda, Boko Haram, ISIS, etc look no further than the Wahhabist Saudis.

Wahhabism - Wikipedia

15. Iran says the White House has been "afflicted by mental retardation". Wow. I agree with Iran on this one.

• Winner Winner x 2
  16. Ron Paul: Sanctions are bombs.

In Iraq it was estimated that nearly 500,000 people dead from US sanctions.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yes sanctions are bombs but explode by degrees over time wiping out hundreds of thousands of innocents or forcing them to flee their own country like say Venezuela... Corporate welfare owned govt. doesn't give a damn... as long as they can sell their propaganda that it's a humanitarian or USA "defense" reason for said sanctions... (sorties)

18. Fuck Iran, payback for threats to world peace is a bitch.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Oh shit, he is going to release the UFOs!

20. UK seizes Iranian oil tanker enroute to Syria on tip from US intelligence.