War with Iran possibly?

Discussion in 'General' started by Livingalife, Jan 30, 2007.

1. You think they have nukes? In Iraq we never found a single site or anything of course you think what Bush and all those idiots is just some more propaganda? I read today that alot of people in congress said the U.S. will be attacking in late February or early March. If this happens the mid east will turn to a living hell. The war will surely happen with Bush and will North Korea allign with Iran and what else do you think will happen a 3rd world war or what? Do they really have nukes? They didn't let the inspectors of like 38 countries inspect their nuclear energy plants because the countries the inspectors were from were claiming they did have them. Tell me what you think about it?

2. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/01/AR2005080101453.html

Not yet. They have the means, they have the tools of uranium enrichment.

They claim it is only for nuclear power, something Iran is in desperate need off, they have a thriving urban population and an aging infrastructure.

Even the religious leader of Iran (not too clear on his name or exact position) has stated that they DO NOT intend to use this technological advancement in a military capacity. The president has said they will not use it that way unless they are PROVOKED.

At the same time, the IDF has revealed contingency plans of using a penetrator missile carrying a mutli-kiloton nuclear warhead into their enrichment facilities (the first time since Nagasaki since nuclear weapons have been used in warfare). But we know from the invasion of lebanon in 2006 and their on-going skirmishes with Islamic militias that their intelligence and accuracy is something to be desired.

Enough with the history lesson. If you're asking me, in my opinion I think all signs so far point to yes. The low rumble of the western imperium's war machine is slowly getting louder with each passing day.

Now.. will it happen in the next several months? in the next year? perhaps. We've been in stickier situations (Cuban missile crisis)

Meanwhile we KNOW North Korea wants to use nukes in a military capacity, we KNOW they have them, we KNOW they can manufacture more, we KNOW they have the ICBM technology to deliver them (though they had poor performance tests), we KNOW they have a grudge against the U.S. and have been preparing for the last 50 years to specifically fight a first-world army with superior fire-power in their land. And yet we ignore them and hop to Iran.

A war with Iran would be devastating to both sides. The American army is having trouble securing a region of poorly-educated, ill-disciplined religious fanatics using cold-war era soviet ordinance. Iran is a whole other story. They're have a very strong army. I'm not suggesting a loss, but they would certainly be able to inflict horrible casualties in the process.

I use the term causalities lightly, as they will, in reality, be the bodies of our sons and brothers, daughters and sisters.

Then again, you look at the resistance in the U.S. to the current troop increases in Iraq and it makes me question it. Does the government really have the capacity to displease its people THAT degree?

I don't know, I can't predict the future. It doesn't look bright though.

3. nope, does not look bright at all. too bad the u.s. put fuel on the supposed fire by invading iraq. not many politicians look very good in this on either side. this situation in the middle east was bound to happen perhaps, but it helps when handling something delicate not to drop it and kick it by accident

mike wallace said that he liked the idea of a "no confidence" vote to remove a president. not sure how a new president would be assigned though. bush's poll numbers are piss poor, so clearly if there was such a vote, he may already have been gone.

i just hope these politicians put their grudges with one another away and work on a solution together even if it does mean swallowing some pride. grim chance of all that though.

[​IMG]

4. That's cause China's got North Korea. We've got the Iranians. That's the deal.

Yeah, but what people forget is that the Vietnam protest was as much about the draft as it was about the huge casualties (exponentially larger than the Iraq casualties, by the way). We have an entirely volunteer army. It's hard to see them as victims. They have a job and a solemn duty.

That having been said, no one wants to see the terrible power of the military abused. Lord no. Regarding Iraq, I'm not sure it's been abused so much as squandered by incompetence. Which is just as bad.

5. Good old reliable china......... wait a second...

6. ^^

ahahahahha

7. Surely there's a point hidden in there somewhere? Am I just too stoned to see the obvious? :smoking:

8. you forgot north korea has russia too..... russia and china have both been VERY passive in handling north korea, while japan and us have been trying to be VERY aggressive with them.... but they cant be.... because russia and china are babying north korea.

9. I dunno, not really... China just kinda scares me a little.

My post was the equivalent of a nervous laugh.

10. Eh, China's got McDonald's. North Korea's fuckin OUT THERE. The Chinese are on it though. They'll keep them in line.

We, on the other hand, are tasked with keeping these Shiite loonies from getting too much power. Thankfully, this is in ALL of our best interests.

That is, as clumsily as the US has handled this whole affair, I think we can all agree that fanatical zealots should not be allowed to militarize beyond a certain point.