1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

War in iraq

Discussion in 'General' started by Toker4life, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Well its almost definately going to happen and the jets from the local raf base are going mad doing all kinds of scary low level stuff that i haven't seen them do for many years.

So what does everyone think of this war?

2. badly, i suppose.

as a little sidenote, a norwegian expert in retoric have compared bushs latest speaches with those of adolf hitler prior to the second world war. they are strikingly similar in both language and tone. in fact this expert (a lower grade professor or something) presented to his students an excerpt from a speach held by adolf just prior to germany's invasion of poland in 1939. all of the students thought the statement was from bush regarding the present situation...

3. wow...now thats scary..:eek:

4. yesterday on tv, the president was addressing the nation. i guess sadam won't dissarm his missiles, so we're getting ready to attack......
    scary times.....

5. I just wanna run and hide...leave the planet

6. How?

Are we saying we're the best in the world and we will conquer it all?

Do we say that we are superior?

Do we think that genocide is the answer?

Are we seeking to expand our physical boarders?

Have we re-named any country that we have invaded?

NO!

We are a democratic republic who sees the benefit of letting the people voice their minds. And who sees the benefit of a change of power at least every 8 years.

We go in and removed the diseased piles of flesh who are in power and replace them with a democratic institution... where the people of that country can VOTE for who they would like to lead them. (I'm waiting to see how things go with pakistan... they don'thold elections)

Now it's saddam or torture/death in iraq. No voting, no voicing your opinion, etc.

I'm no fan of war, but I think the time has come for saddam to go. The iraqi people deserve so much better.

7. i have so much to say about this war. i want make a good politition beacuese i speak waht i reaaly think and not what THEY want me too, (gorge carlin)

problem....

OUR econmy sucks
    northe korea can nuke the world
    are shopping malls are filled with anthax(not yet)
    are energy consumtion is sky high
    we be broke (national dept)

solution......

storm a weakass country with oil fields.
    INSTALL a "democraxy" what this means is have our oil tycoons harvest oil under the empireal american flag.
    sell oil to other countries at ski high prices
    drive are SUVs on the paved roadS (WTF you need SUV socca mammo)

our excusse....

sadam hussiam its not a nice guy.

it is a modern cusade / empirelistic enterprise.

do i like this war or want it.... NO DAMN I SAID NO.

but is it justified? (the gov only lies to the masses abou the REAL reasons and COsT) YES this War is justified.

war is teritorial gain. NAZI's wanted to rule all of europe. ceaser all the known world. BUSH the oil. Our poeples AMERICANS (the gov) want somthing then war is justified. i don;t like it but still.

Bush does not care about the good people of Iraq. (Iraqies are good people too, just let a madman rule, only a slight mistake) NO BUSH no care. He care about OIL

the WHOLE war can be summed up in a popular cultral crap saying............

GOT OIL?

8. i think the oil is just a happy sidenote for bush...it isnt his main purpose.
    show me proof and we will go from there.

im still with bud burner on this though

the least we can do as americans is support our troops...that doesnt mean support the war, but send good karma or prayers or whatever it is that you do, to these college aged kids that only wanted free college money and got called from the reserves instead...these people are just doing their job...at least support your fellow americans.

9. ...who asked some retorical questions...

Are we saying we're the best in the world and we will conquer it all?

- yes. bush recently proclaimed america as the finest country in the world, filled with the finest people and ideals. then he went on about how god should continue to bless and protect america. as if a supposed god doesn't have better things to do than play favourites among nation states? as for conquering the world part. that won't be necessary as long as you can project power all over the world, making people behave as you (and by you i mean US government, not you personally) wish.

Do we say that we are superior?

- se above

Do we think that genocide is the answer?

- nobody thinks bush want a genocide. he's not that dim. that was neither the point. the point was bushs and adolfs warmongering propaganda-speeches sounds strikingly similar.

Are we seeking to expand our physical boarders?

- no, just your area of interest. this time it's a continued supply of oil from the middle east. to do that you need to show who's the boss, and what happen to people who do not bow to US demands.

Have we re-named any country that we have invaded?

- what do that have to do with anything. the more interesting point is the fact that you have invaded quite a lot of countries :)

10. i got a cousin serving over in southwest asia... all i gotta say is that i'm damn proud of him for serving this country... whether bush is an "idiot" or not (in my opinion the man is doing the best he can for this country and the safety of our people, and i'm sick and tired of the criticism that he has been receiving at the hands of those who are too ignorant to view the situation in the right light), he is still our president and as long as he makes the decisions that best suit the safety of americans, i stand by him and my country..
    peaec
    -e

11. yes i agree with most.... Our soldiers we all are proud of them. I would gladly give up my personal freedoms and fight side by side with them.

It is not the fighters that do the killing, it is the politicians.

12. like i said somewhere else along here...

theres secrets and shit that we dont even WANT to think we might have an idea about..theres shit that they know about saddam that we dont...and im sure theres shit that weve done that other countries know about...secrets that would scare some of us shitless..

im glad to see that some of us do support our troops regardless of our opinions of the war.

and i still want some proof that bush is waging this war for oil...all logic and common sense aside, id like to see some excerps from speeches or something..just out of curiosity:D

13. we (those of us who REALLY DO WANT PEACE) need to start planning ahead better. once the warring factions get their plans in motion there is little to be done to stop them.... we need to stop them even making plans.

Give Peace a chance. Give Peace the oppertunity.

14. yea i agree with namron.. there are certain things that the government probably know that we'll never know.. this is the way its been since the beginnings of our country... the public can never know everything, and sometimes by witholding information from us, they are in reality helping us. i bet half the stuff the media broadcasts is bullshit... every action the US makes is probably something that has been calculated by all the generals and people in charge
    people can protest the war all they want... but in the end they have to realize that the government knows what they are doing... and as long you have trust in our government and our president... everything will be alright in the end.
    peace
    -e

15. well..i wouldnt go so far as to say that i trust the government and the president, and that everything will be allright in the end...

but, im sure they are making at least a very educated decision.

16. i think i should just move to australia... australia is like never in any world drama... and its so pretty... i think weed is legal there too.... not sure though... tokin up by the ocean would be bad ass, no fucking war worries and shit.... that would be kewl

17. yeah s&t, i hear that... i'd probably go to newzealand instead... less right wing and racist.

Namron_420s!!! i can't beleive my eyes.... you'd rather live in blissful ignorance than deal with the agony of the truth?!!??!?!??!?

what nam said that made me flip:
    "theres secrets and shit that we dont even WANT to think we might have an idea about"

it's people accepting that shit goes down but not wanting to know that allows corruption in our governments... it's what lets bush get into power with less votes, it's what allows conspiracies to start commodity wars and jihads.

uge man wrote:
    "there are certain things that the government probably know that we'll never know.. this is the way its been since the beginnings of our country... the public can never know everything, and sometimes by witholding information from us, they are in reality helping us. i bet half the stuff the media broadcasts is bullshit... every action the US makes is probably something that has been calculated by all the generals and people in charge
    people can protest the war all they want... but in the end they have to realize that the government knows what they are doing... and as long you have trust in our government and our president... everything will be alright in the end."

whaaaaat! this isn't democracy at all. i hope u realise that.
    sure there are things that should not be broadcast to all, but if you knew the half of the shit that goes on you'd want a regeim change.

ugemane also previously wrote:
    ".....and i'm sick and tired of the criticism that he has been receiving at the hands of those who are too ignorant to view the situation in the right light"

FACISM ALERT FACISM ALERT! okok... that was only a yellow alert but.... "too ignorant to view the situation in the right light" and just whose light are we supposed to be viewing the situation in... CNN's?

18. Of course the public doesnt know everything. I wish they didnt broadcast everything they do now. Why? Because that lets the other people know what we are doing as well. If we know Sadam is loading up nukes and transporting them somewhere, would you rather know about it, thus letting Sadam change his plans, or instead have the government do something to stop him?

I don't want a rule, but I don't see how we can just leave him alone. Plus, its not like we can really do anything about it
    (I know that statement will piss most of you off).

Ever heard of The Power Elite? This is made up of the president, top military strategists, and the top companies in the US. They alone basically decide wether or not we goto war. C. Write Mills wrote a book called "The Power Elite" quite a while ago, talking about how scary it is how these people have so much power. The top people in the companies, the pres, and military advisers are all going to the same schools, and are only representing a small amount of view. They also do whats best for them (going to war means we probably cant be marketing a bunch of stuff over there, not saying that particularly applies to Iraq too much).

Dye and Zeigler wrote another book, The Irony of Democracy. They say yes, there is a power elite, but thats not a bad thing. Why? Because they are more qualified to make such decisions. Heres a good point, how people (at least in US... *sigh*) vote:

#1. Most people vote depending on Group Benefits.
    #2. Next most vote on nature of times (If its been good, re-elect, etc)
    #3. No issue content (Something stupid like how the president looks, whats his religeon, whether or not he has a family)
    #4. Ideology (Issues)

#4. Is the one people SHOULD be voting for. This makes up like %15 of actual voters (not sure actual percent, but its low).

Anyways, just thought I would let you know of something. Heh, I'm actually learning interesting stuff this semester.

19. digit i appreciate your opinions... but to accuse me of being a fascist is something that i really do not appreciate. maybe i trust my government too much... but to accuse me of being a fascist is something i'd prefer you not do. thanks
    peace
    -e

20. One thing i was thinking is that there must be other ways to solve the sadam situation, as he is the real problem.

For instance the uk has something like £1.75 billion put aside for the iraq war fund and i'd imagine that the us has at the very least double that.

This possibility is a bit far out but its just food for thought, surely for a fraction of the price of war the powers that be could assemble a small highly trained team to go in and take sadam plus his goverment out of power.

Grasscity Deals Near You