War: For Or Against?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by weedboss, Mar 29, 2003.

?

Do You Agree With The War?

1. YES

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. NO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ok...i will get u some edevids on that saddam was invodle u just have to give me some time....

2. this war isnt about terrorism, its about finding an excuse to get rid of a world leader that is making the U.N. twitch like a whore with parkinsons, and frankly i dont care what the war is actually about, i think as long as we get rid of that shithead in a military uniform we call saddam, the effort was worth it. im kinda sick of the whiners who say that thousands will die needlessly. dont they realize saddam is systematically performing genocide on his own people? he kills his own people via slow acid bath, and those douschebags are whining about the dead republican guard. to quote the godfather \"you gotta have one of these wars every 5 or 10 years, it helps get rid of the bad blood\"

3. 1...How will you know if we get Saddam? He has many look alikes..

2...Whats to say the next leader won\'t do the same thing?

3... The US are so smart.. Why do we not have a patriot missle that would take out any other missle in the air before it got to us??

4...Do you really think Saddam would use a missle that might be knocked out of the sky in their own territory and would kill him and all his people?

5... If you were continully harrased because you had something that others want, wouldn\'t you arm yourself so you could prtect yourself from others?

6... Who do you think gave Saddam the most of the chemicals that he has to use against all of us???

7...Should the US have waited till the UN was completely behind us???

8... Why should the US go in and rebuild Iraq (at the taxpayers expence) when their objective is to destroy some of the buildings and so forth on purpose??

9... Who can positively say that what is happening is right??

10...I am neutral on this matter.. I haven\'t heard enough evidence for war to be happening. I haven\'t heard enough evidence to say it is not needed either.

11...Do you think our Superior Being is using us as GI-Joes?? So to speak..

4. 1. It doesn\'t matter if Saddam is dead, as long as his regime is ended. If he is out of power, he poses no threat. We should continue the hunt for him, but it is by no means the most important issue at hand.

2. We are to say the next leader won\'t do the same thing. I\'m pretty sure that for the next few decades, we are going to be watcing to insure that Iraq remains a democratic republic(or three democratic republics, if they do it right)

3. Do you have any idea how hard it is to shoot down a missile with another missile? I hate to use a CNN-analogy, but it really is like trying to hit a bullet with a bullet.

4. Rest assured that Saddam would do it, it is merely a matter of how well his attempts to weaponize his chemical weapons have gone (i.e. warheads and disribution techniques). He would launch them if he could, but he would launch them from movable missile platfors in the desert, away from populated areas.

5. Yes, I would, but I would not have initiated the conflict myself by invading other countries and killing large amounts of my own people. If you were threatened with a beating from Mike Tyson if you didn\'t stop boxing, wouldn\'t you stop boxing? Saddam just won\'t quite kicking.

6. I have no idea where the chemical weapons came from. Any information anybody has on the issue is either extremely biased by anti-war people or non-existant. I don\'t doubt that we helped arm him, but to what extent, and with whqat, I have no idea.

7. It would have been good, but it wasn\'t going to happen. the U.N. is worthless for military actions. The problem with democracy is that discussion ussually continues on until the best time to act has passed everybody by.

8. We are targeting buildings with possible military importance. Some of these buildings are also used for industry. If we get rid of Saddam, these buildings will not be being used for military purposes. They will crucial to getting the economic infrastructure going after the war. For these reasons, it is justifiable to bomb a bulding and the rebuild it.

9. Nobody can. Thats the problem with real life. we are simply acting in a manner which we consider the best for civilization as a whole.

10. If you haven\'t heard enough to form your own opinion on the matter, you probably never will. It\'s a sad fact of life that we must form opinions and make decisions with less than the entirety of evidence. You gotta step up, state you r claim and live or die by it.

11. Bringing religion into war is never a good idea. We have no understanding of the supernatural, that\'s why it\'s the supernatural. Religion + war often = almost complete destruction of a culture. To claim that God is using us as toy soldiers is almost as rediculous as claiming to communicate with Him. If one insists on believing in the God of the Bible, then one must revert to God\'s giving us free-will. Any Bible-toting Christian can tell you that God doesn\'t control our lives, he let\'s us do that.

And MSBB, Laos is a country in Asia, bordering Vietnam. We fucked up there, just like we do just about everywhere else. And I support this war, but not because of 9-11. Shit like that has always happened, maybe not in America, but elsewhere. Should go to war with all those survivalist bastards because of the Oklahoma City bombing? I think not. Should we get rid of that cancerous human growth known as Saddam? Certainly, but not because of imagined ties to 9-11. We don\'t need the justification provided by that, we need only our desire to make the world a better place. Revenge is never a good idea to go to war--crimes get committed by troops and brutal tactics are often used.

5. ^^^^^^thats what its all about^^^^^^

finally someone says it like it is.

6. Hmmmmm let\'s see how iraq will look in a couple of years and where it could lead.

First the leaders of iraq: if the US gets to do it their way there will be an American \"adviser\" in every ministry in the new \"democracy\" of iraq, wich means that USA holds all the strings and makes all the decisions.

Secondly the people of iraq: the iraqi people are getting pretty sick and tired of people telling them what to do and how to do it (if you don\'t do it you\'re dead) so they would be more than happy to get iraqi people to lead iraqi with no Western intercourse.

Third the oil: most of the oil from iraq goes to arabic countries, japan, china, russia. These are countries that the USA has had troubles with north korea most recently. If the US gets their hands on the iraqi goverment they will propably start taking some profit on their own pockets and to their country, money they don\'t need but oil they do, \'cos the US can only produce 13 % of the energy used in USA by themselves.

Fourth the anti-american movement: The fact that US has ran UN over and pretty much took and international law in their own hands has caused many countries to cut their ties with US, all over the world there are millions of people against America and their actions.

Where could it lead?: more war..... and violence leads to more violence... think about it,

7. just a quick word on the killing of thousands of innocents.

if we were to assess the situation simply in terms of numbers... America and American allies are far more in the wrong. Are we forgetting that there are places like Saudi-Arabia, Liberia, Brunei, Indonesia, Izrael, Haiti, Dominican Republic, etc etc (i could go on for a long time) that are or have been during times of mass genocides, allies with the USA.

the 5000 or so who died as a result of 911 pale in comparison to even just the direct actions of the CIA and many american administrations. we are literally talking MILLIONS.

and also one last pointer...

the term \"evil\" is entirely subjective.

9. ??????
    \"Now with that said.. I am an american all the way. If my country wants me to be in a war then thats what I will do. I don\'t have to be for or against the war to do what is right!
    I do feel obligated to defend what is the Americans..\"

What\'s that? so you go when your country says so? No questoning for the justification of war? no thinking why your country is attacking? well if that\'s so then i think that facism has suceeded in weeding out the Question Authorities mentalitiy. I would never go to war unles there would be some one attacking the country where I live and even that depends.

ps. No one\'s attacking US.....

10. I agree, let\'s abolish differentiation for the sake of equality and easier arguing :D

Oh, and I reckon I done been tryin to do what\'s more easily sed.

11. um,

i just want to go surfing and have food and good people available to me every day

and i want to toke it up too

remember those stupid ass commercials that were like, \"if you do drugs you support terrorism\"

well all i have to say is \"fight terrorism by growing your own drugs and supporting your local growers\"

12. before you read this. i don;t write this to offend people. but saddam didn\'t pose a direct threat to america. saddam may have been en \"evil\" dictator. but he\'s not stupid/ he woudn\'t attack america. he nevr did. and i don;t he evr would have. not directly anyway.

george bush is a warmonger. for god\'s sAKE. he put micronesia(yes it\'s real country) on the list of threatening countries becasuse their army of 12 took over the presidential palace. come on! are you blind?!?!?!

i agree that saddam needed top be got rid of. but what gives Amerixca the right to march in there guns blazing and bomb cities. the UK included in that. i saw the footage of Baghdad being bombed and i seriously doubt that all of those targets were military.

if america didn;t follow through with the bombings which they had invested in then your country would be in resession.

the war was about FAR more than getting rid of saddam. it was about oil, the economy and following up from his fathers (mis)deads.

i\'m too wasted to go any further without sounding like a fool. maybe tomorrow i\'ll say more.

13. See\'s here\'s the situation, You have all these countries over in the middle east, these people come and say, you\'re on our sacred land, give it back to us, and they try to take your land and claim it for their own. So you fight back to keep it, now America comes over and says, \"wait, you can\'t beat up on a little guy like Israel, they\'re so much weaker, if you want to pick on him you\'ll have to go through me first.\" Then America procedes to give Israel the land it claimed, and say \"There\" the fight is over\" and every time Israel tried to take More land, that was replayed, over and over... After a little while, you\'d get so pissed off you\'d want to take America out. So if you ask me, I say we need to turn out back on Israel, let them fight for their land on their own, lets see how bad they want it then. And while the other countries would not trust us, at least they would hold some regard, since we decided to stop being Israels B*tch. Anyways that\'s just my rant.

14. What a silly question to ask more than half a year into the illegal slaughter. This was to be asked at the start of it all, but of course it never mattered. The real question at this particular moment should be \"do we empeach Bush for lying us into war or do we hang him from his thumbs for what\'s he\'s done to our country?\". And it\'s also silly in that is may well have been stated \"do you support an illegal war that birthed an illegal occupation including surrounding villages with barbed wire and requiring inhabitants to carry special ID cards and where they have carte blanche to kill civilians with no repercussion.....\" Who in their RIGHT MIND would think the US is doing good? And let\'s call these \'terrorists\' \'nationalists\' or \'freedom fighters\'. Clouding truth with lies as usual. Iraq invades the US and you shoot an Iraqi soldier and you think it would be a terrorist act? Of course not. So look at in in full view without patriotic blinders. They do nothing but cloud reality.

15. They do nothing but cloud reality

once ya get this it becomes clear :D

16. My views on the subject have already been thoroughly expressed in one of the other war with iraq threads. Don\'t feel like retyping it here :)

17. ditto Ganga Bat.

18. Generally for war, this is something I wrote sometime ago in www.shroomery.com forums........

So, have we really evolved that much through the ages as we want to believe? Let\"s see…What is the first thing that you can think of? We found out how to launch a crew to the moon and back, we invented microwave ovens, faster cars, flat screens, video games, advanced digital technology, the internet, new kinds of medicine, lots of things which are all positive, but we just can\"t seem to stop killing each other mostly for money and power, and these two aspirations of the poor in spirit are interdependent. It is exactly why the Americans, or the narrow circle of people, the jet set, that control what seem to be all American citizens united volition, but really is only a mere veil covering them, invade countries. Yes, there are a few people that want war to happen…or let me rephrase that. War does not just happen; it is generated by those few people.

Let us think of the moral aspect of war. First we should define what is right and what is wrong. Right is what the vast majority accepts as right. That is the only way that someone can define such a word and the reason is the total subjectivity of this word and human actions. Sometimes war is inevitable. For example, when someone tries to invade and conquer your land and your home and claim that they belong to him. The great majority of people would resist and that is not reprehensible. It is the right action to perform, but only as a final solution to the problem. Why? It is actually very simple. Because people we know and love as well as people we have never met are getting hurt and that causes pain to everyone. People who give orders and their families are most likely to survive a war, but the majority of a nation\"s population will be in unbearable pain. It is not rocket science! It stands out a mile. War causes pain. Most of the times, it is the will of the leaders of the countries and only of them that triggers off a war to satisfy the interests of the few.

In our days, war is not caused by differences in religion or views nor is it inevitable. War is a business; an immoral business.

Should we fight on behalf of our country if we are called to do so or should we protest against war and be deserters and self exiled? It all depends on the reason we are doing it in relation with our personal ideals. We should then make our decision bearing in mind the difference between an idealist and a realist. We have to stand up for our beliefs but not be in a self-delusion. It is a very thin line that separates these two different choices and it is very easy to make the wrong choice. Don\"t toe the party line. Don\"t be an anarchist. Make your own choices without forgetting to consider the common good.

--------------------
    Reality is only a subjective illusion, illusion is only a subjective illusion, your life is what you make it and want it to be,have fun, in other words...seize the day.
    Check out http://www.kanepera.com

19. bush and Blair openly admitted that Saddam had NOTHING to do with 9/11.

Hate to bring this up so late in the topic, but it just stuck out to me.

Anyway, I\'m against Operation Iraqi Liberation (OIL :p)... The United States needs to start looking to help its own people before trying to lie and say they want to help another countries\' people. Bush is using this war to push laws that totally rip up our rights (Patriot act), and is turning the US into a military state.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. death toll in Iraq is showing no sign of slowing, with attacks on American troops by insurgents becoming more sporadic but often more lethal, analysts said on Tuesday.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A9218-2004Feb3?language=printer
    We don\'t need our troops being killed for greed. We don\'t need civilians killed for greed.

Bush is a hypocrite. He actually is investing into a new WMD being tested by the military (I forget what it is, don\'t feel like looking for it).

Not to be bashing bush the whole time, but I also think morals shouldn\'t be mixed with government, and the fact that he wants to put 25 mil to make gay marriages illegal is disguesting.

20. Man, I see your point,but I am agaisnt the war, if the U.Sof A cared we would go to Africa and help them, but we wont.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.