Wanting to transition from non-org to org, could you share some experience?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by SmokeyEye, Jun 12, 2021.

1. You're doing a hard labor there, but i admire your boldness and the plans you have! nice there aiming to make it in the legal way, and your plan of getting the house actually sounds awesome! It's like a whole dream you have there, hope you get to it, i'm sure you will as it seems you're working hard... Totally inspo for me!

• Like Like x 1
  2. That sounds amazing, and would it work with other animals wastes, like pig wastes for example? Or are chickens particularly useful?

Even so, it sounds like a lot of work, i should keep an eye on the amounts of the nutrients? Or just try and see, and then adapt it?

• Like Like x 1
  3. This is what i'm fearing about, i've seen some aqcuitance start big and purchase tons of materials to find themselves losing a lot of moneey and rarely getting the plants they wanted, for what you say it seems like you or someone you know failedd in this task, any other secret you could share from that experience? lol

• Like Like x 2
  4. Do you buy particular not-so-bad products from them to reduce your costs?

• Like Like x 1
  5. If you could share some of those risks you were avoiding... The issue is that i'm getting a tight budget and i need to plan it as better as i can... If i mess up quickly, i don't know when i'll be able to start over

• Like Like x 1
  6. I appreciate it, not really trying to make it here too many dispensaries already in play. I'd prefer to have enough money and weed when Tennessee goes legal to be able to move back home. Have enough money to set up a grow operation and enough weed to go ahead and set up distribution to TN dispensaries until first harvest and cure is over.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Can not have a tight budget growing cannabis. I've spent more money growing weed than anything in my life besides a vehicle and house. For indoor growing anyways. Risks mainly for me is insuring a good larger scale growing environment and set up to reduce unforseen issues. To make sure before hand that I set up my self and my plants for the best possible outcome.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. I just picked up a bag of the Performance Organics some time back when it first came out just to try it. And I have to say I’ve had success with it. Could I study up and make something of equal quality? Probably. But I guess I go the easier route, and I like trying various brands of mixes in these SIPs.

9. Yes, manure from any non meat eating animal will make very good soil once composted and mixed with some living soil (dirt that has things growing well in it ) and pumice or perlite for drainage, and ph corrected. Test it for nutes ( N, P, K ) and you’re good to grow. It will take a couple of months for this mix to become useable soil. You will need to keep it from drying out and you will need to turn it to mix it good about once a week. It’s work making good soil. But it is well worth it!

• Like Like x 1
  10. You damn well better have a tight budget or a lot of disposable income.

I would highly suggest sitting down with an accountant and a lawyer. Form a business plan. The costs associated with the actual growing is minuscule compared to all the other bills you’ll be paying. Employees and the IRS get most of it. It’s possible to knock down 500lbs and still lose your ass at this game. Business skills are more important than actually growing.

Give me those 24 black market plants and you can have the 198 recreational plants. Chances are damn good I’ll make more $$$ with 1/2 the workload and none of the stress. If you’re in a tight market you’ll probably have one foot in the black anyway.
    RD

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. #31 GroBuddy, Jun 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    I've previously owned a foreclosure business in Tennessee as a contractor with 5 crews of 2 guys a crew working under me I know how to manage and operate a business, worked with fannie mae, Freddie mac, banks, safe guard, five brothers, Loudan properties and real estate agents. My plan since everyone wants to tell me how to go about it. Is to start small I'm not trying to make it anywhere here in new mexico 5 different dispensaries already in play. When we go recreational I can apply for a small business license to grow 99 plants. I'm not going to grow 99 off top just more than the 24 allowed and more than the 12 I've been allowed to grow with a personal growers license under the revised recreational grow laws. selling it for a cheaper price than 14$ a gram from dispensaries won't be an issue. As mentioned I don't plan on doing anything here my plan is to save money and weed for when tn goes legal about 20lbs and 100,000$ to provide enough bud to get me through first harvest and enough money to buy land to start growing in TN. All that may not pan out I'm not over here shitting bricks it's just something that if everything plays out right I'll have success.

Black market? Lol read the NM laws when it changes I can sell to anyone not just dispensaries. I can literally put a stand up in the middle of town and sell it like fruits and vegetables. With a small business license just the most I can have on me is 2 ounces, but there's ways around that as well