Wanting to start hydroponics.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by PaperNapkin, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Basically my friend started and his first hydro grow was a huge success, thus inspiring me to start.
    I want to buy a system thats easy to maintain. I was looking at this http://www.StealthHydroponics.com/product.php?xProd=16&xSec=53

I have a couple questions.

-its this a good setup for beginners? Im not trying to get to fancy, just something nice and small that wont give to much trouble.

-Are sativa strains fine for hydroponics, if not what strains would be a good choice?

-whats the best way to get rid of smell?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. not for a hundred bucks

thats one plastic tote from wal-mart... maybe ten bucks

six net cups from a hydro store or online... maybe 2 dollars a piece

a cheap air pump from wal-mart.... ten dollars

hand full of hydrtoten.. maybe free from a local hydro shop

one air stone at wal-mart... maybe two dollars

some air line at wal-mart... maybe five dollars

some rockwool cubes at a hydro store..... maybe ten dollars

do the math... build your own... it will be cheaper and you have the gratification of doing it yourself

feel free to copy their design and add all the "upgraddes" the DD is for a "double dose" of pimpin

3. Code:

Do not buy that. It's overpriced, the nutrients suck, and if you follow the directions that cone with the kit you'll kill your plants likely.

Do a search for stealth hydro on these forums and you'll probably fine posts where I go into more details.

4. Hempy bucket.

Same results as hydro without the fancyness..well cause it is hydro.but waay simpler

5. That thing is small. I could never grow 6 plants in that, more like 1 really big one :)

Your best bet for cheap hydro is bubble buckets imo.

6. This.

No way that could handle six plants. That's more of a cloning machine than anything else. When they call it a starter I think they mean plant starter not starter as in beginning grower.

7. The kit is awesome. Vegging plants I'll give it that. Need something to keep roots from growing together though.

Flowering, 2 plants in it is abit overkill. I bought one, 2 flowers, I have replaced the nutrients, the lights for flower, and I'm starting budalingers rdwc buckets. So soon I'll be usin none of what came in the kit.

All they do for you is cut some holes in the lid.

8. Budslingers buckets is all you need