Wanting to move to Washington state

Discussion in 'General' started by MyStonerName, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Wife and I want a new beginning for our 7 year old and 4 year old . We currently live in WY (all our lives) but need something new. She's a stay at home mom and I work a mill factory. I have no real professional skills but can work my way around power tools and some machinery. I do a lot of tinkering and hobby work. Will be trying to get my CDL too.

By the time February 2017 comes around we should have about ten grand saved that we want to put towards a new life. I'm wanting to get a job ASAP so I don't have to dip into our money any kind of job really, as long as it can pay the bills. We are thinking small town with cheap rent (we pay $475 currently for a 3 bed 1 bath) if this is even a thing. A place more open to toking that's not stuck up or will leave us alone. Im not to picky, after all we live in a town of 1500 people that frown on smoking pot.

Any help with any advice job,websites rent and whatever. Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I just want to wish you good luck Im to young for any advice (19) so I dont think I can help but legal flower for you and a friendly environment for the kids is as good as it gets.Houses can be pretty expensive up there but there are a couple for cheap look around and dont forget the internet is your friend good luck:love-mj2:

3. Thanks bro. Yeah my family is needing something new big time.

4. I Hope you find what your looking for...Things would be easier if it was legal in all states already...but sometimes you need a new scene I know what your saying

5. Best advice I can give is try to line up a job before you move. It might not be possible, but it'll ease a lot of problems if you can get that done.

The big cities in the northwest are pretty expensive, as can be college towns. Not like LA or SF expensive, but Portland and Seattle are creeping up there. There's a huge difference between western and eastern Washington - the west is the green part that everyone thinks of, the eastern part is a completely different climate, both weather-wise and politically. No judgement here - it might be part of what you're considering when deciding where to move.

For the most part, people leave each other to do their own thing, especially in smaller towns. Besides, weed's legal in Washington (although not every county or city allows sales), and a little research will tell you if the specific area you're looking at is all clear or not.

Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks a lot guys. We still have time to plan. What is rent like ? That's obviously the most importing part of moving is finding a place to live.

7. For houses Ive seen then go 900$ - 3000$ a month...the state is pretty expensive the cost of living in seattle alone is 8% the national average apartments are 860$ idk about rent but that how much to even get the apartment so it has its ups and downs.Its a really nice state but can be financially challenging.

8. Damn... Where's some good states? Oregon?

9. Oregon is cool my dads from there colordo is also cool but i.think there getting expensive to ill have to look into it

Sent from my SM-N910T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  10. Those numbers were mostly for tge big cities in washington like seattle smaller towns are prbably alot cheaper

Sent from my SM-N910T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. I have a lot of thinking to do but I'll have around 10k to move. Also thinking I could buy a camper for with some of that money and love that way until my family can get more established then sell the camper or keep it idk. I got a lot of thinking to do in the next 10 -12 months

12. WA is a big state. There is a HUGE difference between eastern WA and western WA. Different culture, econcomics, etc. The Cascades are the divider for east/west. Also a big difference between NW WA and SW WA. Not a lot of jobs in WA at all. If you have no plan and are looking at WA for legal weed (which is what it sounds like), I'd suggest looking at some place good for your family that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with weed.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Agree with previous posters about the differences between Eastern WA and Western WA, eastern is desert and farms, western is wet as fuck. There are oodles of smaller towns that have much cheaper methods of living but ten grand isn't going to go very far. It took us that much just to move from coast to coast. I grew up in WA, small towns are typical small town mentalities for the most part, Seattle is the place to be. Very cosmo, go with the flow, expensive but gorgeous.

14. I live in the Seattle area the first thing is it's expensive as fuck. I live in a 2 bed Apt. and it is almost 1k a month. But get past that and there is always stuff to see and things to do. People here are a bit different but polite and stoned ;)

Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1