wanting to know how to grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Traxx187, Jun 10, 2012.

1. #1 Traxx187, Jun 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2012
    so i wanna start to grow but what lights do i need?
    do i really need the 600w lights and what not or can i use something smaller why do some people use 1000w lights.

600w light

is foxfarm nuts only for hydro or soil too?

light schedule ? does it depend on the seeds?

sorry for being a noob :(

2. Howdy!
    Best place for you to start is to go to
    Absolute Beginners - Grasscity.com Forums
    and read around there. You will find sticky posts on most the topics you asked about and great information too!
    Hope this helps!
    Cheers!

3. thanks man

4. The only thing I would change on that list is the FoxFarm. If you can get it local You'll save a fortune. I don't know where you're located but here in SoCal we're spoiled and can get That bag of FoxFarm for $10 out the door.

5. Add some Ph up and Down do your list along with a Ph meter. People mention alot about PPMs and all that stuff but I didn't worry about that at the beginning. First things first and that's learning how to grow. All the other technical stuff can be picked up along the way. Just go a little lighter on the nutes than the recommended amount on the label and you'll be fine. Also just remembered what helped me out alot and that was getting a graduated shot glass and pint glass. I'll try and find them on amazon and post a link.

6. sweet thanks man and yea ill look around my city im from washington state in a small 15k town
    :(

7. If you get the entire general hydro kit you don't really need the ph/moisture tester.

8. oh okay sweet thanks

9. Go organic, easiest way!

10. well this is what i came up with
    New Wish List

11. Don't use chemical nutrients :( they're expensive and they make ur plants taste icky.

12. I will be bookmarking your site for future use i know i still have a lot to do with my website at the moment but will get there.

13. Morning Traxx,
    They're many different roads you can take to get to the destination we all wish to be arrive at, organic, soilless, hydro, aero, etc. There's no one right way, all enviroments are different. You'll figure it out as you go as experience is the best teacher & Those that mentioned reading the Stickies are spot on, then read them again.
    As an example I changed everything in my room including the nutes I was using during my first year growing.
    Don't be sorry for being a noob, we all started from where you did. When you see the oportunity pass your experience on.
    Cheers & good growing:D

14. Thanks man means alot

15. :mad:

half the things you have on there are the same for Example Bud candy has carboload and carbs which are in the HUmbolt nutes So you can take those too off and just use bud candy ( i use it works fantastic) and you dont have any base nutrients only BLoom supplements meaning NPK Mg iron sulphur etc etc.. you need something like GH flora series 3 part or 2 part nutrients Conessiour is useless take it off the list just another unneeded bloom supplement and for strain i would start with Northern lights or Afghan kush anything 90%+ indica is easy to grow. And i would do Aloooot of research on plant problems if your serious about this.

16. wow I did not know this thanks

17. you talking bout this right
    Amazon.com: General Hydroponics Flora Series PINT - FloraGro, FloraBloom, and FloraMicro: Patio, Lawn & Garden