Wanting to get closer..

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by downtosesh, Oct 28, 2011.

1. I kinda, sorta like this guy. We've hung out a few times, I'm pretty sure there's attraction on both ends.

How should I be? Ahhh I get so nervous around him and hardly have any experience with guys. :rolleyes: I feel like sometimes I don't show enough that I'm interested, but I don't wanna come off desperate..

2. I remember back in highschool, my sophomore year I think, I met a really cool and cute girl. I had a giant crush on her, though I never gave her even the smallest hints. Sucks because a couple months later I found out she had really liked me.

My point is, you need to make a move.

3. No matter how "unfair" it may seem, women are expected to make the first move. I know where I'm from women will harshly reject a guy right away vs guys that are willing to give a girl a chance. Honestly if the guy is hanging with you and hasn't made it obvious that he only wants to be friends, then he's most likely into you. Do all the guys here a favor and let him know so he can stop stressin on it.

4. Generally unless he is a really bold guy he wont make a move unless you let him know you are interested. Especially in highschool (we get bolder as we get older), most guys dont like getting rejected.

There were many times in highschool that i got mixed signals from girls and ended up not doing anything, to which i regret now.

It doesn't have to be a big move, you could always just be honest and let him know you like him. If he doesn't like you back it might make things a little awkward, but It wont be the end of the world and you have more to gain than lose probably.

but thats just my .02$

5. True. I've been rejected before in the past, so I'm pretty apprehensive to make a bold move. I don't think I can handle rejection again very well, to be honest. I'm trying to show an interest in subtle ways.

6. You could always try the having a mutual friend drop a hint option, my first girlfriend did that to get to make a move in highschool.

Honestly the only bad move you can make when trying to get a guy to make a move is, by trying to make him jealous, or something like that. Flirting with other guys, generally makes guys more cautious because they are unsure if they have a shot, and if you really like them.

Just use winky faces " ;) " in texts and laugh at his jokes, and he should get the message if hes smart.

7. simple but effective.

8. just tell him you can't taste salt, and you're really good at either breathing through your nose or holding your breath.

9. Or that you don't have a gag reflex.

In all honest, drop innuendos with him only and flirt subtly when you can. I actually recommend you go to a Pick up Artist forum and read up on how men try to pick up women. Even if he ISN'T using a website like that, attracting women is fairly unniversal. Watch for signs that he is trying to attract you as more then just a friend and respond positively (or how you should on the website).

Body language is fairly good at broadcasting your opinion. A subtle touch to the arm/hand from you, face you body towards him when talking ect.

If you want to see how much he likes you, one day when you are texting each other, just stop. If he sends you a follow up message within 30 minutes, he is interested in you at least a little bit. It is tough to not respond for a while but it is a good mind game.

Or you could say fuck it to everything above and just ask him.

10. I think I will try subtly for now. I'm apprehensive to like someone again.
    I messaged him yesterday about a movie he told me to watch, he replied. Then I did, and he hasn't answered even though he's seen it.. Awks?

11. fuck being sublet. grab his crotch area, look him in the eye and say, "fuck me"

12. [quote name='"Makizushi"']fuck being sublet. grab his crotch area, look him in the eye and say, "fuck me"[/quote]

That COULD work... or it could make things pretty awkward haha. I wish girls were more open tho, especially when I get mixed signals!

13. [quote name='"downtosesh"']I think I will try subtly for now. I'm apprehensive to like someone again.
    I messaged him yesterday about a movie he told me to watch, he replied. Then I did, and he hasn't answered even though he's seen it.. Awks?[/quote]

Huh..what movie?

14. I'd say be subtle, but give heavy hints.

My first experience in letting a guy know I was into him:

We became friends. We smoked. We chilled. We played video games. We got comfortable with each other. He wasn't making any moves. One night we were chilling in his basement playing geometry wars with my awesome musical playlist going on in the background and a song came on that had an awesome music video that I wanted to show him. I had the video on my ipod so we stopped the game and I started up the video. The screen of an ipod, as you know, is very small, so we had to sit close to each other and we each got one ear bud. I leaned against him a bit through the whole music video. Once the video was done I put away my ipod and we resumed playing geometry wars but NOW we were sitting very close to each other, touching, under the same blanket on his couch. Nothing ended up happening that night, but the next time we hung out things progressed and I got my first kiss. It truly takes time and you should feel comfortable even though you're nervous.

Good Luck!

15. Yup. Fantastic way to let us guys know you're interested. Just be by him a lot when you're together and if he is interested he will get the idea.

16. Haha, ok true. Thanks guys! Hopefully seeing him this week :)

17. I somehow hate that things like that are "obvious" signs... i mean what if the chick just likes my jokes? ...what?... I'm funny! haha

All im trying to say is, there have been times where I thought the chick was digging me, when she just wanted to be friends and the other way round, where I thought she just wanted to chill, where in reality she wanted me to be her boyfriend... you guys get what im saying?

18. Make smart jokes and dry humor that goes over their head, if they laugh any ways then they dig on you.

19. Ill give this a try :D i wish things were easier.

20. Agh, same. People are such confuzzling creatures.