Wanting to flip my 4 plants? Help

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by black2grey, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Ive seen that some ppl recommend a dark period of 24-48 hours. What do you recommend? After that 12/12? Is that a exact science. I'm lost what's the benefit of taking light away for longer 1539666295437.jpg

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. They say 24-72 hour dark period can make plant start flowering sooner. It’s prob hit and miss to what’s better depending on who u ask. I’d just go with natural timing. If u flower 7p to 7a. Cut ur veg light out 12 hours before 7p and at 7pm lights on start 12/12 cycle. Doing total darkness for a day to 3 might speed up the start of flowering by a few days...

• Like Like x 1
  3. it was reccomended back during the white widow days

by the actual grower er...green house seeds

rare very rare these days

as it only leads to photosynthetic burn

I only grow happy plants in which

I promise a quick death

as I do my carrots

good luck

• Like Like x 2
  4. Good to know. Appreciated. I started bloom nutes to prepare the lady's. After this feed no more N. I did pick up unsulfered molasses. Still need a booster but got all my essentials and figured it out. A ton of reading and a ton of myths to go with it. They seem to grow straight forward in coco. Think next time I will try powder nutes and have more control of everything. Do you advise anything else? Maybe a good time to add booster?

5. I can not, I’m still learning Nutes myself! I’m just following schedule of nutes I use. 1/4 strength

6. I can not, I’m still learning Nutes myself! I’m just following schedule of nutes I use. 1/4 strength

7. Idk how or why that posted 4 times.......

• Like Like x 1
  8. It's cool. Just keep an eye out for defecincys and adjust accordingly Deficiency.jpg

9. Am I on the right path? I'm feeding every 2-3 days every 3rd is pH water only. Seems to work. Oh i started bloom nutes before flipping seen this on YouTube I believe. Figure about 2 months from today I will be pulling them. When do you add a bloom booster?

10. You should carry a reduced nitrogen load 2-3 weeks into flower to fuel the stretch. If you cut too soon, the plant will go deficient late and not have the energy to finish flowering

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I'm now past adding salted sewage to my babes

I grow organic and prefer to add comfrey and nettles ...lol

in time I hope you do ..? as teas

I may suggest you feed just once every 6 days

and water every 2nd or 3rd day

always lift the pot

THINK

then water/feed or not

good luck

ps check out greenhouse seeds AKA strain hunters on YT lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yes sir. I would love to just use chicken manure but trying to lower N in bloom. It's Alaska naturals not to nasty. Smelly. Next grow using real compost would be nice I did start a compost so hopefully by next spring. Appreciate the help

• Like Like x 1
  13. Like nettle tea? From the weeds that suck?

14. Question if using organics is there any reason to flush before harvest? Should I just use chicken manure regardless of the nitrogen? This could change my out look a bunch. And is this effective in cococoir?

15. Could I feed my plants chicken manure teas in flower it's I believe 2-3-2 or 3-2-3 pretty even and low hard to burn

16. You can try. Just wanted to give a heads up

17. I agree, don't cut out N yet. Plants will use a lot during stretch. I actually give mine a good top dressing of N rich compost right before flip. My late flower yellowing has reduced quite a bit and doesn't start as early.

• Like Like x 1